A Brilliant and Basic suggestion (B.net App)

Customer Support
Give us an option, somewhere, to tell the app which order to patch games in - or default to what I presume is current behavior (start ALL the downloads).

If only because some of us might have a raid night and need it patched first (before it decides to stall out trying to patch SC2 first) -- other gamers might prefer to have SC2 or D3 patch up first, others still might want Hearthstone patched up first.

This can avoid having to explicitly tell the Battle.net App to pause other updates and prioritize one single update with clunky buttons that don't have much (if any) feedback that the app is doing what it was told (how do I know it's really prioritizing the WoW update?) -- if only because we could have it set up in an order of priority preference.

Further, many of your customers purchase other games belonging to other franchises - the current patching system is archaic at worst, and has too much going on behind the scenes at best (please tell me why my bandwidth monitor reports a good 100mb-200mb, or more, before any patch data has been reported as received in the App!).
That's great, however this isn't the avenue for suggestions.

This forum is for in game non-connectivity issues, policy and account issues. It also is ,primarily, a player to player forum. Blue responses are not guaranteed. This forum is not a direct means of communication with Blizzard. This is not a complaints forum, suggestions forum, nor feedback forum.

For Suggestions and feedback Blizzard wants the players to post in the forum most appropriate to their issue, General being a "catch all" of sort for issues that have no particular forum.
You can usually pause one patch, and allow another to take priority, but it really is not that often when more then one game has a patch in the launcher.

03/24/2015 06:42 PMPosted by Adramelk
(please tell me why my bandwidth monitor reports a good 100mb-200mb, or more, before any patch data has been reported as received in the App!).

Not sure, but it is a torrent patch, and they generally download bits and stitch them together.
03/24/2015 06:42 PMPosted by Adramelk
This can avoid having to explicitly tell the Battle.net App to pause other updates and prioritize one single update with clunky buttons that don't have much (if any) feedback that the app is doing what it was told (how do I know it's really prioritizing the WoW update?) -- if only because we could have it set up in an order of priority preference.

There's a setting in Battle.net you can set so all updates are manual.

It's under Battle.net Logo top left -> Settings -> Game Install/Update -> Automatic Updates

Not quite what you want but it will stop the BDA from automatically downloading patch updates and this preventing you from getting into game.
I concur with Blue, that's probably the best option for you under the circumstances you've described.

Kozzae is also correct, it's not that often more than one of our games has a patch at the same time - presuming of course you keep them updated.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.