You're In Charge of Durotar - What's Next?

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
What would you do for Durotar if you were in charge of everything that transpired in the land? Doesn't matter if it's from a military, environmental, civil, agricultural etc. perspective.

Any plans for Thunder Ridge now that it's underwater?

Any plans for Southfury Watershed?

What happens to the land around Tiragarde Keep?

Any other ideas?
Drop a mana bomb on it and see how the Orcs like it.

Loljk.

With more sources of water since the Cataclysm I'd be bringing in the Druids from Thunderbluff and any Shaman to try and terraform it.
Ask the Night Elves/Cenarion Circle to teach some of the Orcs Druidism so that we can grow these trees and "correctly" harvest them more efficiently and as to not step on their toes and get the wood we need for survival.
With shallow water covering much of it, irrigating and farming should be simple now. I'd turn it green...GREEEEENNNNN!!!!
Retrofit Razor Hill and the Valley of Trials with Post-TBC architecture.

Get help from the Tauren and the the druids down in Trolltown to start growing some trees and spreading life throughout certain areas such as Thunder Ridge.

Rename Orgrimmar, Bladefist Bay, and Deadeye Shore into...well, something else.

Tear down Tiragarde Keep and replace it with something useful.
we need a harbor!! a real one with blackjack and hookers!

def agree with above posts about getting the druids involved though. lets get this place all fancy nice!
Tiragarde is restored to full functioning operation and serves as an Alliance embassy in the heart of Horde territory.

Razor Hill has the biggest mixture of Alliance & Horde guards in the town. Draenei and Humans are trying to spread the Light, Dwarves and Trolls are rolling dice together, Tauren and Night Elves are sharing stories around a campfire, a Goblin is telling extravagant tales about the Harpies to some naive greenhorns from Tiragarde about 'beautiful flying Night Elves who capture men just to have children with them' and then them running off to find some Harpies.

There are Theramore survivors & other people who lost loved ones at the Horde's hands who are at Tiragarde beat the crap out of some Orcs who come there. Most of the guards let it happen for a bit before breaking it up.

There is a contingent of marines stationed at the Dranosh'ar Blockade, most keep to themselves but some are mingling with Horde npcs. Its commander, a dashing and now mustachio'd Draenei Hunter named Acteon (with two pet Kurkens), replaces Gor the Enforcer, Gor having died in the Siege.

There is a Gnome and her Goblin friend trying to reorganize Durotar's flood plains and solve the 'Quilboar problem'. This ends with a very bloody massacre via gyrocopters (Boaracalypse Now). Central Durotar at the end of the questing experience becomes arable farmland for the Horde. Also the Gnome is captured by Quilboar and sacrificed to Agamaggan in a violent reprisal, during which the Goblin claims to his superiors that the Quilboar massacre was done to avenge the fallen Gnome.

Cultists in the caves around the zone are replaced with Kor'kron and Dark Shaman remnants hiding out in Durotar. Thunder Ridge by this time is actually dry but Dark Shaman are keeping up the appearance that the Ridge is still flooded, hiding the growing Kor'kron Insurgent Army that's gathering arms and manpower for a renewed attack on Orgrimmar. This army is defeated in the climax of Durotar's questing.
03/28/2015 08:39 PMPosted by Sternbridge
Tiragarde is restored to full functioning operation and serves as an Alliance embassy in the heart of Horde territory.
Excellent! Raven hill could be the Forsaken embassy!
03/28/2015 08:47 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
03/28/2015 08:39 PMPosted by Sternbridge
Excellent! Raven hill could be the Forsaken embassy!

Oh yes, we'll put them right next to the giant graveyard. They'll have tea with Morbent Fel and lunch with Ladimore.
You see those makura hanging around, taunting us with their shelly tails? One word. Lobsterfest.
Hire some druids, maybe kidnap some of those botani folk from draenor, ship them over to durotar, give that zone a face lift, make it a lush forest and farmlands. BAM. no more need for that whole ashenvale conflict thats been going on since WC3.

G.E.C.K it up!
my 1st action would be for the horde to sign a treaty making it that the alliance won the horde 100% surrender...also orcs blood elves and undead aren't invited...because portal invasions,siding with naga..and already dead.
Wasn't a big part of the Wailing Caverns story that you can't turn desert into forest without a bunch of serious consequences? Which, makes sense, considering you'd destroy any life that relies on those specific conditions to survive.
03/29/2015 02:22 AMPosted by Sunfeeder
Wasn't a big part of the Wailing Caverns story that you can't turn desert into forest without a bunch of serious consequences? Which, makes sense, considering you'd destroy any life that relies on those specific conditions to survive.

*points at Ashenvale* I doubt the Horde and orcs in general truly care about nature. More importantly, if one part of the world truly had to suffer some environmental problem to prevent an entire global war the trade off seems negligible.

Personally I would try to buy/"acquire" some Ethereal tech and simply put a bio dome smack dab in the middle of Durotar.
03/29/2015 02:32 AMPosted by Zerde
Personally I would try to buy/"acquire" some Ethereal tech and simply put a bio dome smack dab in the middle of Durotar.

This is a dang good idea.

I'll take two.
*points at Ashenvale* I doubt the Horde and orcs in general truly care about nature. More importantly, if one part of the world truly had to suffer some environmental problem to prevent an entire global war the trade off seems negligible.

Well, I meant more that using Druidic powers would lead to issues. That's what what's-his-name in the Caverns tried, and it ended up causing problems. And if Ashenvale is a terrible thing, then I don't think repeating it on a massive scale is a good idea. Also, I'd be concerned about a possible domino effect, like elemental/nature magic junk tends to cause. Mess with one biome, it's gonna affect the surrounding ones as well.

That could work a lot better. Keep it contained, minimize the effects on surrounding areas. You could even make them just large enough for a farm, that way you reduce the impact on local wildlife.
Send ambassadors immediately to both Darnassus and Stormwind, get a trade deal going with either party or both parties, and get deals going with the Steamwheedle cartel as well. Get irrigation infrastructure up quickly using trollish knowledge of such and consider expanding that into the barrens. I would not permit the goblins to continue to pollute the Southfury River, and I would work heavily on getting a manufacturing sector off of the ground.

Regarding Tiragarde - they would be given a chance to pack up and go home - a communicated chance, before the hammer is brought down in the form of an aerial bombardment. This should send a clear message that Durotarian territorial sovereignty is not to be violated.
03/29/2015 02:55 AMPosted by Sunfeeder
Well, I meant more that using Druidic powers would lead to issues. That's what what's-his-name in the Caverns tried, and it ended up causing problems. And if Ashenvale is a terrible thing, then I don't think repeating it on a massive scale is a good idea. Also, I'd be concerned about a possible domino effect, like elemental/nature magic junk tends to cause. Mess with one biome, it's gonna affect the surrounding ones as well.

That's because he tried to make trees grow by connecting the Barrens with the Emerald Dream, which was currently overwhelmed by the Nightmare, and that's what caused problems. Look at Desolace afterwards. It has no issues whatsoever.
Just using nature magic to make trees grow has never been a problem otherwise. Night elf druids did just that during MoP to protect their landing at 5.2. Hell, Cenarius effortlessly regrew an entire swathe of forest during WC3.
As the appointed man to remake durator, I believe we should turn Tiragrade Keep into a forsaken fort, the purpose of this fort is while orcs will patrol durator during the day with wyverns and wolves at night we let the forsaken take over guard duty with bats and dead horses. this way the orcs can get more rest and learn to trust their forsaken allies more... and forsaken don't sleep... so....

next we get the horde druids over there and lets grow some grass first... turning this desert into a grassland like nagrand would be great! we will set up wooden dock structures around thuder ridge and southfury watershed for fishing and use irrigation to build some farms for the trees native to nagrand giving orcs nagrand cherries back into their diet.

We approach the quillboar with diplomacy and exchange peace for ownership of the valley of trials, with this the quillboar may live in the valley for no hostilities and a agreement to never aid the alliance... we relocate thee orcs from that valley in the surround greens sure to grow near thunder ridge and south fury.

we enlarge skull rock and blade fist bay to have the ability to hold a respectable sized armada with a larger fort in the area to protect form future invasions while building a door for orgrimmar's gates...

evict northwatch for good and place goblin land mines in the area where there boats are now.... give the warlocks to the north of razor hill a ultimatum, join the horde or get lost... evict the harpies... build a bridge form senjin village to the echo isles...

and finally build 15 new horde watch towers within sight of each other to better maintain control and awareness of the area in tall areas around the map...