Incoming Heirloom Item Level Change

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
We've received feedback from some of you regarding Heirloom item scaling from levels 91 to 100, particularly in comparison to items available from dungeons. After some discussion, we agree that Heirlooms need to be made more competitive with dungeon items. So, we’ve just applied a hotfix that will increase the item levels of Heirlooms from levels 91 to 100 (live once scheduled maintenance completes). You may still find the occasional item that has slightly higher stats, but the frequency of that happening should be much lower.

Thank you for the feedback!
Sick thanks!
Well.. I may have to re-evaluate my plan not to upgrade my mail heirlooms
cool
Nice, I might actually level my monk now.
Good, thanks. I've felt pretty foolish to pay thousands of gold to update them to 100 and then seen them have inferior stats pretty much the whole way (especially the helms)
From a true alta-holic, thank you.
Awesome news - now I have to come up with the gold to do the upgrades.
03/31/2015 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
We've received feedback from some of you regarding Heirloom item scaling from levels 91 to 100, particularly in comparison to items available from dungeons. After some discussion, we agree that Heirlooms need to be made more competitive with dungeon items. So, we’ve just applied a hotfix that will increase the item levels of Heirlooms from levels 91 to 100 (live once scheduled maintenance completes). You may still find the occasional item that has slightly higher stats, but the frequency of that happening should be much lower.

Thank you for the feedback!

There's no Like button to click. :(

Thanks for bringing us some good news!
Hot
Does this make the heirloom weapons more desirable than the Warlord's crafted items that are drastically better and cheaper?

Peace,
Sormac
03/31/2015 10:09 AMPosted by Veranolth

There's no Like button to click. :(

Thanks for bringing us some good news!

This was also my first response... "Wheres the like button"....

Oh well... I'm curious since there was no specific number mentioned, HOW much they increased the quality of heirlooms.
Kind of getting sick of playing ALTs, can we please get some lvl 100 content?
Awesome! :)
Wasn't aware this was an issue as i dont have many alts to level but good to see some blue activity and re-enforcment that devs are reading feedback
Great news! I'll feel better about spending gold on upgrades now.
*Looks at my current level.*

Dammit....
03/31/2015 10:09 AMPosted by Sormac
Does this make the heirloom weapons more desirable than the Warlord's crafted items that are drastically better and cheaper?

Peace,
Sormac

FANTASTIC question, especially since I spent so much time gathering all the garrosh heirlooms that I felt I needed to level all of my classes from 90-100, only to have not used a single one past 91 on any of my 8 toons that are currently 91+ (actually maybe it's 7+ this guy who has engi gun + 3 upgrades in bags waiting to ding 91)