Make Barrage not useless.

Hunter
Don't take this the wrong way but you should have asked if there were proper ways to using it instead of calling for a nerf to it. That being said I am glad this thread assisted you.
04/06/2015 01:27 PMPosted by Haelyxra
I'm horrible at writingm acros, and now I'm trying to find one that casts misdirect at my focus, if I have one, and if not, at my pet, then casts barrage. So far I have it worknig to cast at my pet, then barrage, but how do I add in the focus bit?

/cast [@focus,help][@pet] Misdirection
04/04/2015 08:33 PMPosted by Haelyxra
It's damage is fantastic. It's one of the best aoe abilities.

But it's completely useless, and taking it will only possibly hurt you in raids and dungeons, because it pulls EVERYTHING. Even things that haven't been pulled yet.

You can't use barrage in pve. It pulls extra trash everytime its used.

Learn what max range distance is.

One of the basics playing a hunter.
04/06/2015 01:51 PMPosted by Leorina
04/06/2015 01:27 PMPosted by Haelyxra
I'm horrible at writingm acros, and now I'm trying to find one that casts misdirect at my focus, if I have one, and if not, at my pet, then casts barrage. So far I have it worknig to cast at my pet, then barrage, but how do I add in the focus bit?

/cast [@focus,help][@pet] Misdirection

I prefer mine:

/cancelaura Misdirection
/cast [@focus, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/stopmacro [@focus, nohelp]

Had it for many years now.

Though, I think I could get rid of the "/script" portion, as it was macro I copied off here way long back, so I am not entirely sure what that line actually does.
Mines just simple.
Also cancelling misdirection doesn't reset the cooldown anymore so unless you have the glyph you probably don't want that line.
04/06/2015 05:10 PMPosted by Leorina
Mines just simple.
Also cancelling misdirection doesn't reset the cooldown anymore so unless you have the glyph you probably don't want that line.

I use the glyph when I solo, as I solo things a lot. MisDirection being cast on your pet is a must these days it seems to be when you cast on your pet.
One of the best abilities that a hunter has second to MD and FD. I use barrage for both good and evil and love it. The only down side is when my pets goes crazy...I have to put her on passive. Barrage to a hunter's pet is like dropping 1000 tennis balls in front of our dog ... the pet goes nuts.

My only gripe right now was discovering that

http://www.wowhead.com/item=109599/neural-silencer

defeated an accidental MD.

Kind of wish Blizz would remove this item from the game and place trust in the players not to be bad...
I think its fun
If I'm not mistaken, you can glyph it to work the old way.

your right, good thing its a minor glyph though,
barrage is amazing

you have to be careful on trash pulls but who cares about trash?

all the raid boss adds (at least the ones i've come across) are in combat and immune to CC anyway, so you don't really have to worry about barrage messing things up
The hunters that are pulling inadvertently with barrage aren't making the laser pew pew pew noises out loud, if they did that they would become masters of barrage instantly.
Sometimes I'll use Barrage to make my daily heroic dungeon a little more interesting.

Yeah, I'm a poor role model.
It can be a pain to use. But the trick is getting yourself out of range of the adds you don't want to put and LoS them as much as possible. It sucks, but I've learned to manage it in BRF. It's really useful for a lot of the boss fights in there.
I just got it, i'm new to playing a hunter so and as soon as i got this guy to 60... about 3 hours ago i used my boost that came with WoD... it definitely can pull some much unwanted trouble lol. But i'm still a newbie hunter. It takes time to master things, one must have patience! I mean i'm still getting used to not being a filthy clicker and using keybinds.

It has taken me a long time to learn how to use ESF to move and getting rid of backpeddling completely in favor of disengage as the D key. WoW is easy to pick up and play fast, but to master it takes years. Remember, patience, discipline!
LOL that's evil! I like it!