OMG! Blizz Nerfed Kura/Erris Exp

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
04/03/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Audra
People found a way to exploit it by leaving the garrison and being booted after getting their exp, doing it over and over. There will aways be losers who ruin things for others. Of course instead of fixing the exploit, Blizz nerfs it TO THE GROUND. Not happy at all about it.

Then they should find a way to fix the exploit and not stick a bandaid fix over it.
http://imgur.com/ZRl9O00
04/03/2015 09:55 AMPosted by Tsavis
04/03/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Audra
People found a way to exploit it by leaving the garrison and being booted after getting their exp, doing it over and over. There will aways be losers who ruin things for others. Of course instead of fixing the exploit, Blizz nerfs it TO THE GROUND. Not happy at all about it.

Then they should find a way to fix the exploit and not stick a bandaid fix over it.
I would prefer that they do this too. =(
04/03/2015 09:40 AMPosted by Cherrise
04/03/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Monknificent
It was because you could spam it. You can battle the daily pet over and over.

The Erris fight daily, which was added after the pet menagerie nerf, is only available to one character per account per day. It was not possible to spam it or even repeat it the same day. It is no different than any other pet tamer daily in the entire game world, only for some reason, they felt the need to sneak in an experience nerf.

There was an exploit where you could leave the fight at the last possible moment, receive the quest XP, but not complete the quest, and it was being used to great effect by those that were aware of the bug. As it's technically an exploit it's not something we generally add to our hotfix notes. Fixing the core issue isn't possible until a client patch, and so in the meantime we lowered the reward substantially. With the fix in an upcoming patch we'll raise the XP reward back up again too.
04/03/2015 10:13 AMPosted by Bashiok
The Erris fight daily, which was added after the pet menagerie nerf, is only available to one character per account per day. It was not possible to spam it or even repeat it the same day. It is no different than any other pet tamer daily in the entire game world, only for some reason, they felt the need to sneak in an experience nerf.

There was an exploit where you could leave the fight at the last possible moment, receive the quest XP, but not complete the quest, and it was being used to great effect by those that were aware of the bug. As it's technically an exploit it's not something we generally add to our hotfix notes. Fixing the core issue isn't possible until a client patch, and so in the meantime we lowered the reward substantially. With the fix in an upcoming patch we'll raise the XP reward back up again too.

That makes a ton of sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Could you provide us with some extra leveling stones in the daily bag (like 2 of them) to make up for the experience and levels we are not getting in the meantime?
04/03/2015 10:24 AMPosted by Me
04/03/2015 10:22 AMPosted by Audra
Could you provide us with some extra leveling stones in the daily bag (like 2 of them) to make up for the experience and levels we are not getting in the meantime?

While that's not unreasonable on the face of it, I do find it a bit odd that someone would ask for free XP these days. Leveling is too fast, if you ask me.

I still have 460 unique pets to level to 25. Anything helps.

Why wasn't this notification and explanation provided in the patch notes or before a bunch of people complained about it?

I'm thrilled that it's been explained. I'm not happy that it took upset players to get it acknowledged.

*cries*

I understand...really I do.....

*kicks tree and runs off still crying*
Someone with no time on their hands is just running through and downvoting everything.
The entire game is a leisure activity. There's no time limit on leveling pets and I'm not aware of any content that would be missed by not leveling pets before some arbitrary deadline. Can someone please explain to me why you can't just go out and level your pets on wild battles? I did.
So, instead of punishing those who cheat, you punish everyone once again. If you know it is being exploited, you must know by who. Ban them and leave the rest of us law abiding citizens free to do obey the rules and get what we normally get. But this "fix" does not change the fact that those who cheated can still cheat since it did not fix the problem just screwed the rest of us.
04/03/2015 10:34 AMPosted by Dunkleman
So, instead of punishing those who cheat, you punish everyone once again. If you know it is being exploited, you must know by who. Ban them and leave the rest of us law abiding citizens free to do obey the rules and get what we normally get. But this "fix" does not change the fact that those who cheated can still cheat since it did not fix the problem just screwed the rest of us.

Fixing the core issue isn't possible until a client patch, and so in the meantime we lowered the reward substantially. With the fix in an upcoming patch we'll raise the XP reward back up again too.

I think this was answered. It's a temporary bandaid until they can do a client patch.
04/03/2015 10:34 AMPosted by Dunkleman

Well, issue is this, same reason as why they don't post notes about these things, now it's known how to abuse/exploit this, so everyone would start abusing it. While a minority would not care, or attempt to, or EVEN know about it. A majority of players would abuse it, as this is the nature of gamers. Sadly.
04/03/2015 10:28 AMPosted by Hobb

Why wasn't this notification and explanation provided in the patch notes or before a bunch of people complained about it?

I'm thrilled that it's been explained. I'm not happy that it took upset players to get it acknowledged.

If you've played the game for a while, you should know they rarely will make a hotfix notice/notes about an exploit being fixed. This is probably due to the nature of gamers, that if they are aware there was an exploit, they would attempt to find another one within the same specifics, or if its a fix that requires a realm restart they wouldn't want people abusing it to their hearts content.

So, if it was a daily quest you could spam all day long, it should have been known it was a bug/exploit and shouldn't really be too upset about it being nerfed.
While i understand the exploit and the nerf.
I don't understand why pet battles have been nerfed in to dreadful and boringly long drawn out leveling episodes.

For instance, what was wrong with putting on the hat eating the XP buffs and leveling your low level pets through repeated Pandaren Spirit battles ?
I know this seems like cheating but lets stop and look at the bigger picture.
Do you expect players to not level there pets ? over a 1000 pets to level 25 how bored and frustrated will that task become ?
You guys need to rethink the pet battles and actually create a battleground for pets to level quickly so that a player feels rewarded for an hour worth of work rather than punished.

I feel like i should be able to go into something like a celestial tournament and spend and hour leveling pets and come out with X amount of level 25 pets for my time. Not the long boring grind. You guys should now by now the grind is boring not working and losing subs!
04/03/2015 10:40 AMPosted by Kidcriticus
For instance, what was wrong with putting on the hat eating the XP buffs and leveling your low level pets through repeated Pandaren Spirit battles ?

I must admit, I'd be all for having pet battle dailies to be character not account wide.