Why did Zaela only take over UBRS

General Discussion
Discuss
Because reasons.
Poor Zaela.

I had hope that Blizzard would have done something cool with her. A female orc warlord was a dream come true.
Bring back the classic UBRS!
Well there's still the Burning Blade one right? Or did she get killed in the new raid (haven't done it).
04/02/2015 06:41 AMPosted by Shimmery
Well there's still the Burning Blade one right? Or did she get killed in the new raid (haven't done it).

That's right... I forgot about her.

Well, it's only a matter of time before Blizzard makes her crazy (or they'll just completely ignore her.)
------SPOILERS BELLOOOOOWWWW-----

That Burning Blade Warlord dies at the end of the garrison campaign, sorry no strong female warlords this expansion.
The history of this imposing fortress is long and complex. Carved into the fiery core of Blackrock Mountain by the Dark Iron clan centuries ago, and eventually taken by the black dragon Nefarian and his brood, the upper reaches of Blackrock Spire are now home to the Ironmarch vanguard. As preparations to use the Spire as the staging ground for a full-scale invasion of Azeroth continue, the Iron Horde has set up a terrifying contingency plan: a doomsday weapon within the heart of Blackrock Mountain.

When Garrosh instructed the Ironmarch vanguard as to their mission in Azeroth, he urged them to rendezvous with an old ally whom he knew would be fierce, loyal, and thirsting for revenge: Zaela, Warlord of the Dragonmaw clan. Now, as she readies a doomsday weapon in the heart of Blackrock Mountain, her moment of vengeance draws near.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/upper-blackrock-spire/

So reading between the lines, when they invaded a group broke off, met up with Zaela, and took over Blackrock to build this... whatever it was. They were working on it when a party of rabid adventurers barged in. She dead now.
I have fun killing her, she reminds me of Tovi.
04/02/2015 06:39 AMPosted by Tovi
Poor Zaela.

I had hope that Blizzard would have done something cool with her. A female orc warlord was a dream come true.

Yeah, I was very disappointed in how they completely changed her personality from a smart, clever and wise leader to "ME SMASH YOU! KILL ONE WIT DA DRESS!"
04/02/2015 06:54 AMPosted by Mindilvias
------SPOILERS BELLOOOOOWWWW-----

That Burning Blade Warlord dies at the end of the garrison campaign, sorry no strong female warlords this expansion.

I should have known.

04/02/2015 07:00 AMPosted by Dîomedes
I have fun killing her, she reminds me of Tovi.

I don't know why I put up with you.

04/02/2015 07:00 AMPosted by Sevaryn
Yeah, I was very disappointed in how they completely changed her personality from a smart, clever and wise leader to "ME SMASH YOU! KILL ONE WIT DA DRESS!"

Exactly.

I was so irritated. I loved the Dragonmaw Clan >:(
04/02/2015 07:03 AMPosted by Tovi
Exactly.

I was so irritated. I loved the Dragonmaw Clan >:(

Even the way she spoke changed... so stupid.

And, as far as Azuka... she's pretty much a bad guy; the Burning Blade need an actually honorable leader... like my Orc Warrior (that I pretend is Burning Blade).

=]
04/02/2015 07:03 AMPosted by Tovi
I don't know why I put up with you.

You know why. I'm the other angel on your shoulder telling you to change your transmog, of course.
Because Blizzard only wanted to revamp one dungeon.

Wouldn't it have been interesting if the entire zone had been taken by the Iron Horde and that became a 100 zone? Phasing pretty much makes all this possible without screwing with leveling / people who want to go back to the old zone.

Maybe they could have made a patch on revamping a couple of those dungeons and raids and make the Iron Horde in Azeroth look like an actual threat and not just, you know, Zaela and a couple of her buddies sneaking into an abandoned house at night and trashing the place while drunkenly threatening the entirety of New York City with a really big metal boulder. Was that their plan? Rolling a really big metal boulder at Stormwind? I forget and haven't done UBRS in forever.

Edited for swearing, I think censoring it makes it seem more offensive than not to me.

That quote doesn't bother me half as much as the one right before you engage her.

"Have you come to get a front row seat for Stormwind's destruction?"

Count me in!
If your looking for a lore reason she only took over upper spire because the blackrock orcs already had control of the lower spire. They invaded upper spire to liberate the orcs up there from the few remaining dragons and to gain access to nefarions old facilities in order to craft the previously mentioned super weapon.
04/02/2015 07:10 AMPosted by Pipikaula

That quote doesn't bother me half as much as the one right before you engage her.

"Have you come to get a front row seat for Stormwind's destruction?"

Count me in!

Haha I know right?

How did Blizzard expect every Horde member to answer that question? So dumb.
The Dragonmaw clan def disturbed me when running around the Twilight Highlands xP! But liberating them and having Zaela as their ruler made me wonder just how far of an ally they could be...well that didn't last long xP!
She was planning to drop a charged iron star into the lava to cause the volcano to erupt.

Unfortunately, she only got to Wind-Up and Supercharge, and didn't get the chance for the second Wind-Up that would have sploded it all.
Azuka was all mouth and no muscle, good riddance and build an outhouse atop her grave. The number of times she ran away with 1hp swearing that she'd get me next time was even worse than the LK's quest cameos.

Zaela was kind of a letdown, though. After Cata she just sort of popped up during Siege (and maybe a smidge in 5.3?), and then popped up again in UBRS with very little info connecting the dots.