@Shadow Community

Priest
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Lets us have our fear as a baseline and and give us the option to have Tendril's as a talent for extra cc/survival. Also put Vampiric Embrace back as a healing buff and you dont have to give us renew back! Problem solved!
Give us some snares so we can kite at least alittle better.
PoM instant cast.

Allow us to heal without leaving shadowform (like everything else now in the game).

Just go ahead and remove the orb cost from Psychic Horror already and make a new set bonus. Surprised this change wasn't made when WoD came out.

Everyone is taking spectral guise in PVP and everyone wants fear back baseline. I think we need something baseline...

void tendrils has fallen behind in usefulness and dominate mind is the stinky cheese who stands alone. Just like first tier not much choice.

If shadowfiend is going to be the worst dps CD in game, and survivability in PVP is low, can we at least have it heal us for the damage it does? (still allows for counterplay)

Low damage in PVE again, if you think PVP does not need it please just adjust the numbers and reduce damage accordingly against players?

If AS is crit dependant why not do something along the lines of PPM where if after a certain amount of time since a SW:P crit and all such hits did not crit, that it forces one with an internal CD on the forced crit. This would put a "bottom" on the talent and not require a certain level of gear, as well as eliminate some of the RNG feel?
Lack of defenses we are glassy like rogues and easy to train but we have no easy way of getting into position without being seen. Our Defensive CD's are almost useless feathers are nice but since they don't break snares they kinda suck and leave us moving base speed in the end. Dispersion is nice too bad its got nothing to it since the removal of renew you can't even prep to get any healing out of it. As a result its a wait 6s and then kill though now days most people simply beat on you through it 20% and you get executed through it so.... it makes it hard to use effectively unless your popping it early in a burst.

Utility:: I really wish people would stop counting this as a massive boon, MD spamming should be good gameplay that seperates top from bottom but it shouldn't be required of us to compete. Reminds of the days when people would scream shamans are okay at the bottom dps cause of heroism. All I'm saying here is our damage should be a bit more competitive outside of kill ranges (warriors took over as kings of execution.)

Shadowfiend: It used to be low damage but it had it's uses, with good timing you could pop it on a Cloaked rogue just before they vanished and knock them out. Now... it's pretty abysmal low damage and no utility. At the very least make it permanent if it's going to be so pathetic.

In summation:
Damage/Utility (Holding us back and making us easily replaced by disc.)
Execute ranges (rare for our class in pvp)
Dispersion (what's the point 6s is pointless without a pocket healer and makes us easy to train)
Positioning (no way to get into combat without aggroing the bg.)
Shadowfiend (can't knock ppl out of stealth anymore, no damage)
Feathers (Seriously should break roots, annoying yes but so are trains.)
Escape (in itself is a major issue no way to escape combat unlike every other class)

Edit*

We are a single spec that requires three completely different sets of gear to play different styles based on our lvl 100 talents. I feel this is really clumsy design, not everyone has time for it and the game does a real good job at restricting item progression anyway. IE: No more 27k conquest for honor gear anymore.
- Shadow Fiend is cannon fodder and needs a buff
- Shadowy Insight needs a buff of some kind
- Void Entropy redesign or some sort of orb generator attached to it
- Insanity baseline and after 3 ticks it becomes a powerful DoT
- Psychic Scream baseline
- Psychic Horror no longer requires Orbs
- Remove Dominate Mind and Mind Spike from the game

Can't think of anymore right now as I'm at work - brain is fried
I agree with the general sentiment that shadow fiend is useless. It would be nice if it was worth clicking on. If not for damage, some kind of utility would be nice because, as it is, it's pretty lackluster and boring. (T_T)
"The Divine Aegis Soap Bubble graphic is so much better. :)"

Yes! At least it's a true 3D effect and not a camera-facing card. (^_^) Or, how about a more shadow-inspired shield graphic...
04/15/2015 05:34 PMPosted by Pollen
"The Divine Aegis Soap Bubble graphic is so much better. :)"

Yes! At least it's a true 3D effect and not a camera-facing card. (^_^) Or, how about a more shadow-inspired shield graphic...

That I'm not as enthused about. A lot of people seem to want shadow-themed heals and whatnot for shadow priests, but I'd much rather keep the holy-themed heals and have shadow-themed DPS spells for healing priests. Basically, all priests would be using holy spells for healing and shadow spells for DPS, and the difference between the specs would be that shadow priests would have a lot more (and better) DPS spells and healing priests would have a lot more (and better) healing spells.
04/04/2015 10:50 AMPosted by Dreamskull
Could we please compile a list of everyone's thoughts and concerns about our specialization? I'm looking to do just that without things getting too heavy handed.

As you know, my concern has always been centered around having holy healing.
I believe that having it is a persistent form of ability bloat that still exists in meta.

Your turn.

Spriests are terrible BECAUSE of badly-done ability pruning. Please stop posting.
Spriests are terrible BECAUSE of badly-done ability pruning.

You're right; they didn't prune the right abilities.

Please stop posting.

I won't be silenced.
I'd personally like to see sfiend become a permanent pet since it does such horrific damage with at least 1 utility move, possibly a shadowfury type move or a mass fear. If mages can have two Novas why can't we have 2 mass fears?
04/16/2015 07:26 PMPosted by Thisisdog
I'd personally like to see sfiend become a permanent pet since it does such horrific damage with at least 1 utility move, possibly a shadowfury type move or a mass fear. If mages can have two Novas why can't we have 2 mass fears?

I hate pets. >:(
while I agree 100% with you, they're most likely not going to make fear or tendrils baseline, especially after reading the patch notes just now (I lold a bit) it's better than nothing.
Like really blizz.. Buff hunters DKs and ferals but nerf spriests and do nothing to enh shams and other specs that really needed a buff
And if sfiend is going to stay incredibly subpar in damage they could at least give it some cc ability like EVERY OTHER PET
04/16/2015 05:38 PMPosted by Dreamskull
You're right, they didn't prune the right abilities.

Because you know, you're not good enough to LoS someone and heal yourself, the go back into shadowform, so you want to remove what little self-healing shadow priests have left (granted flash heal sucks, but it still counts) and you want to make your own class weaker? Lol.
you want to make your own class weaker? Lol.

Leading us into superior design isn't going to weaken us.
04/16/2015 07:53 PMPosted by Thisisdog
And if sfiend is going to stay incredibly subpar in damage they could at least give it some cc ability like EVERY OTHER PET

My preference would be to just remove shadowfiend entirely, while leaving mindbender available as an option.
04/16/2015 08:28 PMPosted by Dreamskull
you want to make your own class weaker? Lol.

Leading us into superior design isn't going to weaken us.

Remove spriest self-healing/survivability, which was what made spriest so good back then.

K, I give up. I'm done for the evening. I can't argue with this retard anymore.
Perhaps you should read Post #23 on Page 2 of this thread.

I don't blame you for losing you're cool, but you're confused.