Lone wolf "Improvements" suggestion

Hunter
Hey folks, been enjoying my Lone wolf MM hunter for a while now, and im truly enjoying the class/spec something i haven't enjoyed much on any other class/spec.

One thing that does somewhat get to me is how squishy we are without our pets, and while im perfectly ok with pets having perks vs non pet players, i would like to see at least alternative benefits to those who choose to go without the pet.

a 30% increase in damage is wonderful and im not going to ask for more, what i would like to do is delve into the idea of Marksman sniper more considering our mastery wants us to be this, and the overall feeling is pretty much there.

To me a sniper is good at 2 things, Killing, and Hiding or in other words getting away.

One thing i would love to see added for MM Lone wolf, and i say so specifically because of the way MM currently feels tailored to a more long shot sniper fighter

A lower CD on Camo, anywhere from 15-30 seconds would be pretty fantastic for us, or even something that causes us to have camo on a shorter cooldown, kinda how our four piece rapid fire causes us to have 5 second shaved when we do aimed shot.

pets contribute a fair number of healing, and defenses and those who choose not to have one lose out on a baseline move, Masters call, i believe there can be something done about this, for those who choose to not have a pet masters call could do something simlar and break roots or considering its the whole sniper training, a means to break fears/incapacitate/ stuns.

Im not a top end player nor will i ever claim to be, but i believe these two alone would be real beneficial to a lone wolf player

Surv seems more like a run and gun fighter, almost all insta cast so someone would have to come up with ideas for Survival to make it feel a little more tailored.

As for me i really adore the sniper like feel MM is giving and hope they continue to push it to become a ranger class (if chosen to be) no other class feels this way and really do like it.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this, and special thanks to replies good or bad.
I don't think loneowlf MM needs anything more.

Its utility comes from the ABSURD amount of damage it can do in a aimed>chim or powershot>chim, especially if it moves someone into kill shot range.

but part of that reward comes with risk, and the risk is you dont' have as many outs, so its up to you to play smart and move around.

Glyph of disengage, exhiliration and crouching tiger can all be very useful talents for such an oddball spec, try it sometime
clap clap
good try
Since we are on the topic.

If I summon a pet, dismiss the pet, then respawn in lone wolf, I don't want to have to dismiss the pet again when I spawn.

Make it so if I have a pet out when I die, fine, it spawns with me, but if I don't have a pet out, don't make me waste time dismissing it again.
yeah that pisses me off too, as LW i tried calling my pet during emergencies, but then i get stuck with the pet for the rest of the bg and i have to waist 3 secs dismissing every time i rez. really anoying, i think they have it this way because there was an opposite problem where your pet didn't res next to you and you had to call it each time.
I have always hated the idea that when you go Lone Wolf you just lose abilities or talents. I think they could fix this by changing what the abilities/talents actually do. For example Spirit Bond could be changed to something along the lines of a rogues Leeching Poison, where your shots can give you back a small amount of health. Master's call could also just be changed to give you and only you freedom when used, which would make the drawback not being able to give it to party members. Maybe even make it so if you do want to give it to party members you have to run up into melee range of them to use it. Not really sure what could be done about Blink Strikes or Intimidation. I haven't put much thought into those because they aren't really ideal talents at the moment. Anyway I do like the idea of where this thread is going because I have always played my hunter because I like playing an archer. Pets are fun and all, but not really why I got into the class.
they could also give LW readiness . We would lose 2 buttons and gain 1 keeping the button bloat down. And if that gives LW too much utility they could limit readiness to about 3 specific abilities (disengage&camo&deterrence)

And sure pvp is balanced around 3s and this talent may give us burst. But we lose so much more that's not being compensated for specially if you count frozen ammo as one of the loses. Which is why LW MM sucks as a dueling spec.
If you are out and need a pet to tank while Lone Wolf specced just bring out the pet. Odds are you're soloing if you have to do that and the damage difference won't matter compared to the survivability gain. If you need a pet in a 5 man or raid while Lone Wolf specced something is terribly wrong.
what you said is true, except you left out the big picture; duels, arenas, and battlegrounds, where using your pet abilities in order to survive wouldn't be so terribly wrong.

i call it the big picture cause that's really what we are talking about, no one is concerned about LW in PvE because it's perfectly fine in that situation since you don't need to use so many abilities to PvE successfully..but this is about PvP where you do need those extra abilities to stay alive.

but at the same time im not ignoring what supercrits said about LW = ABSURD burst, which justifies loosing [Spirit Bond, Roar of Sacrifice, Master's Call, and Frozen ammo.]
its hard to compare the trade offs.
MM is garbage and needs a total revamp, or reversion to 5.4

Edit: To make it clear, Lone Wolf is fine - the actual spec is the problem
Its already balanced properly. The whole point of having that 30% damage is your now the sole target. even then we are still better off then other range classes since we can still move. I suggest brushing up on kiting skills and you'll be good. That or just pull out the pet as needed. not like your suddenly going to do less damage then a non LW hunter, we get by fine too.

The idea you wanted to thinking about for survival hunters would of been including 30% damage increase to all dots.
04/06/2015 03:17 PMPosted by Supercrit
I don't think loneowlf MM needs anything more.

Its utility comes from the ABSURD amount of damage it can do in a aimed>chim or powershot>chim, especially if it moves someone into kill shot range.

but part of that reward comes with risk, and the risk is you dont' have as many outs, so its up to you to play smart and move around.

Glyph of disengage, exhiliration and crouching tiger can all be very useful talents for such an oddball spec, try it sometime

I agree with this fully. My pvp spec is currently Lone Wolf/MM, because most of the pvp I do is large-scale (wpvp, AV, Ashran), and LW/MM is tailor-made for that. It gives me fantastic burst to quickly knock people in the enemy group down before their healers can react, and the defensive weaknesses of the spec are less important when I have a large group around me to use for cover.

However, when I get caught in a 1v1 fight, I generally don't do well, since I don't have as much freedom to set up my alpha strike, and LW gives up a lot of defensives. It's a niche spec which is great in certain situations, but very poor in others.