AH out of tokens

General Discussion
How long will it take for the price to go back up so people can start buying them again?
I got 6 at 20.5k and 2 at 20.7k so there were some new ones coming onto the market even after it bottomed out. to be honest there seemed to be less chance of getting one at 20.7k for me personally. I guess everyone jumped in after it bottomed.
It's up to 20,998 right now. Some people will buy soon I'm sure.
04/08/2015 10:55 PMPosted by Tubejam
It's up to 20,998 right now. Some people will buy soon I'm sure.

I've been at the AH for an hour pressing the button every minute, keeps saying out of stock

eta nevermind finally got one.. :D
Still havent got one no tokens available
I bought 4 yesterday, totalled just under 100k.

Trying to get 2 more but none are available :(
thats because people like the poster that stated they bought 8 are swarming the ah. should be some sort of time limit on how many you buy back to back to allow others a chance to deal with things like isp speeds/pc slow, hoarders just because they can. I understand you want free time as well but theres a reason places that put things on sale have a quantity limit.
The price went up to 21,198 from 20,988, now the token window just shows "Not available" in red letters.
04/08/2015 11:11 PMPosted by Mishkas
thats because people like the poster that stated they bought 8 are swarming the ah. should be some sort of time limit on how many you buy back to back to allow others a chance to deal with things like isp speeds/pc slow, hoarders just because they can. I understand you want free time as well but theres a reason places that put things on sale have a quantity limit.

It's kinda risky to buy so many in advance anyway, I mean to each their own but you never know what can happen in real life where you just don't want to or can't play anymore.. it's best to take it a couple of months at a time, like last year I was on bedrest for 2 months resulting from back injuries, that would have been a waste..
things like isp speeds/pc slow

FFS!! I'm on an oceanic realm and have been since they were created. and you americans are talking about slow ISP speeds.do you know what it is like to play with 300ms pings. on a good day?

part of the reason I have the gold to spend on tokens is that raiding and pvp weren't that great at 300ms latency and I enjoyed playing the economic game instead.

edit : the risk isn't that large. less than 10% of my liquid assets and I haven't been playing at all since 5.4

also there are reportedly limits on tokens. supposedly 10 or 12 in your inventory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
04/08/2015 11:33 PMPosted by Öneup
04/08/2015 11:29 PMPosted by Phei

It's kinda risky to buy so many in advance anyway, I mean to each their own but you never know what can happen in real life where you just don't want to or can't play anymore.. it's best to take it a couple of months at a time, like last year I was on bedrest for 2 months resulting from back injuries, that would have been a waste..

Just because you bought the token from the AH doesn't mean you have to use it right then. You can sit on them for as long as you want.

If your sub runs out and your token is in your bags, can you use it? I know you can buy tokens from the character window once you are not subbed, but can you use the token, was wondering about that...
The AH is definitely not out of tokens, but this is really quite annoying. You can sit there for hours and never be able to buy one. This system makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
04/08/2015 11:37 PMPosted by Phei
token is in your bags, can you use it?

yes

04/08/2015 12:45 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Yes, if your account was inactive and you had a game time Token in a character's inventory you'd be able to activate it from the Character Selection screen.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16952245312#new-post
Well finally got my 2 tokens hours later, I'm done for now, keep at it, you eventually will get them..
04/08/2015 11:40 PMPosted by Allybait
04/08/2015 11:37 PMPosted by Phei
token is in your bags, can you use it?

yes

04/08/2015 12:45 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Yes, if your account was inactive and you had a game time Token in a character's inventory you'd be able to activate it from the Character Selection screen.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16952245312#new-post

Very cool, thanks!
https://wowtoken.info/

looks like the price is dropping again. I guess all the pay checks arriving home on a Thursday arvo.

There already is a limit. You can buy a maximum of 10 in a 30 day period.