Changes to Conquest Catch-Up Cap

Arenas
1 2 3 8 Next
As of this week’s reset, we’ve made a change to how the Conquest catch-up cap is calculated that should result in a 50% increase to the catch-up portion of the cap. We’re making this change because, while we still want there to be an incentive to play early and often, the amount of Conquest that a player could earn via that catch-up cap didn’t feel like enough once the PvP season had been active for a while.

To elaborate, the formula used to calculate a player’s catch-up cap is now:
<Number of weeks passed in the season> × 1500 - <Total amount of Conquest earned this season>

That number is then added to the weekly total cap of 1700. Note that, as of this post, Warlords Season 1 has been active for 18 weeks, which means the maximum possible catch-up cap for a player that has not earned any Conquest points this season is 28,700 Conquest.
Thank you!
Thanks a lot Lore! time to cap alts :D
Thanks!
Now if only we could get welfare conquest points (Like 25) from a loss in arena. Obviously with limitations.
I'm seeing the increased cap on only some toons. My lvl 90 rogue has a cap of 28k, but this druid that hasn't done any pvp yet is at 19k, and my main is at 1,500 (23k earned this season).
Dang we'really 18 weeks into the season and haven't even heard anything about the next content patch which should hopefully include a new season? This is going to be one really long season for pvpers.
awesome
I just spent all yesterday and the day before capping a 15k catchup, (capped about 4k earlier one week in the season). My season total earned after this week will be 20k... so I screwed myself out of ~4 weeks worth of conquest by capping it before reset...
Holy crap, yay!
Great change. What about points per win for under-geared alts? Trying to gear now in Ashran is awful, post-event-nerf. Trying to gear in arena at this stage of the season is a horrible experience, since almost everyone you're fighting is fully-geared. Wins should be more rewarding under these circumstances.
I still don't see it. My lvl 100 rogue that did 0 pvp this season has a 19,700 total cap.
04/07/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Noxom
so I screwed myself out of ~4 weeks worth of conquest by capping it before reset...

did u? or does it add to it even tho u were fully capped?
04/07/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Jmycornx
04/07/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Noxom
so I screwed myself out of ~4 weeks worth of conquest by capping it before reset...

did u? or does it add to it even tho u were fully capped?

It should be added I think, but seems like it hasn't been applied to all characters yet.
It didn't add to my cap this week. I can only earn the regular ~1700 rather than 1700 + the extra 500 for every missed week (as it should be).

edit: if it just hasn't taken effect yet, but will, I'll be beyond happy (gearing rogue to work for elite set, prob wouldn't have made the conquest cut before season end without a cap enhancement like this). I've already capped some this morning though, hopefully that doesn't bug it out.
Cool, thanks for increasing the amount gained per arena win, too, so that players don't have to grind to the brink of suicide.

Oh, wait.
04/07/2015 10:58 AMPosted by Msdoubtfire
Cool, thanks for increasing the amount gained per arena win, too, so that players don't have to grind to the brink of suicide.

Oh, wait.
Tbh I'm just glad that blizzard is finally listening to players and taking a step in the right direction with this new increased cap. It's something many of us have been asking for a long time.
So does this mean level 100 chars that hit max level a few weeks ago and have been capping weekly but are still under the total 28.7k will have their cap this week boosted to make their total 28.7k?
04/07/2015 10:58 AMPosted by Msdoubtfire

Oh, wait.

I'm reading about the increase in the cap, but where does it say they've increased the conquest earned per Arena?