6.2 feral buffs

Druid
04/14/2015 03:37 PMPosted by Krayik
Tell me that Ashran has the same quality focus that BRF had.

Ashran probably got more development resources than BRF and HM combined.... just cuz it was poorly executed doesnt mean they didnt work hard on it.

04/14/2015 03:37 PMPosted by Krayik
Just because you don't want to see the numbers there doesn't mean they don't exist.

How do those numbers compare with other PVP specs. I understand feral did not scale as well as arcane mages did, but how about frost? Cuz you wont be competing against arcane mages in pvp in 6.2 ever.

I'd be very shocked to hear that feral scales worse than frost
04/13/2015 08:18 PMPosted by Pyridious
I would have thought they would have upped dots and lowered burst. /shrug

if only........we've begged for it since this xpac was released and we became warriors
04/14/2015 03:35 PMPosted by Bubalina
They don't like to do what Forums claims for...

so if you want Ferals nerfed, ask for a buff

honestly I'm convinced that this is true......*Forums* "feral FB needs to be nerfed, shred is also doing too much damage" (next patch notes) "we've decided to buff FB by 25% and shred by 20%"
imo there's no comparison , they need to nerf ferals damage in pvp like they're doing with hunters and dks.

If a ferocious bite hits a raid boss with 10m health for 100k that's one thing, but when it's also hitting that hard against a player with 350k there's a problem ... and yes iv been hit for that much in 660 pvp gear
04/14/2015 11:49 AMPosted by Arnathis
My response to the other thread which asks the EXACT SAME QUESTION...

04/14/2015 11:42 AMPosted by Arnathis
Because the devs balance around PvE first, not PvP. This is and always has been a PvE game with PvP elements added in as a sidenote. Sick of hearing nerf this or buff that because someone can't 1v1 class X. It's nothing new, been hearing it for years. It gets tiresome being nerfed because of PvP whiners. Much less often is there a buff because of PvP balance but even then it's annoying because it's done for the wrong reasons.

If you're that hardcore into PvP and expect PvP balance to come before PvE balance that's great, to each their own, but you're playing the wrong game.

Blizz has stated that more people participate in some form of PvP in WoW than raiding, so you clearly have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Did PvP ruin your parents' marriage or something? Why are you so bitter and butthurt?
Honestly. I wouldn't mind having our burst needed a bit and getting bleeds back. I loved stacking bleeds and having crazy ticks. I haven't dabbled in 3s yet but I've seen a lot of complaints about our survivability being terrible. But I actually disagree with this somewhat. There are multiple ways to get your self out of a sticky situation. Although it does require some offence you can easily heal yourself with a instant healing touch when it procs off of a 5 cp move. Natures Vigil also heals a fraction of the damage you deal. Rejuvanation is always a great HoT. As far as being focused how about trying to wild charge your teammates to make some distance then casting a survival instincts and throw on a cenerian ward. The buff to bleeds hardly effects feral in PvP and honestly feral is a really hard class to play properly. Anyone can stack CDs and shred and ferocious bite a target and do some decent damage but as soon as the other class sees an incarnation they need to make distance between them and the Druid and get them CCd until the buffs wear off. People expect to get into an arena and be able to cast their most powerful spells and not have get hit and win every time. that's not how PvP works. You can't just stick with one rotation you have to play according to the situation you are in.
04/13/2015 10:07 PMPosted by Predatoria
Not all classes scale at the same rate when they acquire gear. It's likely feral druids just aren't keeping up when simmed with higher gear levels and need to be brought up to stay at the same place.

So, if this is the issue.... I don't think this is the best way to deal with it.

First, the problem only applies to lvl 100 characters, meaning if you mess with the percentages you also effect every other level, and can create or exacerbate existing balance issues.

Now, if you thought, say, murder of crows was ALSO doing too much damage in pvp below cap, that works just fine.

Wouldn't a better system correlate with average item lvl? You are already quantifying it in a percentage (i.e. 20%) Why not set the extra 20% at the new highest ilvl of the tier (PVP or PVE) and then have it progress evenly until the full value is reached?

It could also allow you to address long term scaling issues. Execute and Mortal Strike are scaling faster than other damaging abilities for arms, so you could do the same for specific abilities.

Say, you thought those abilities were scaling 20% too much as the tier progressed. You could take the 20% from these abilities and increase the other abilities by the same amount, while having it progress evenly throughout the tier. An additional percentage based on overall scaling of damage could be applied if needed.
04/14/2015 12:12 PMPosted by Arnathis
04/14/2015 11:53 AMPosted by Vayris
PVP and PVE are balanced equally.... because they are equal parts of the game...

if you dont think thats true, you're probably a clown.

How much development time do you think was spent on Ashran compared to the raid tiers that are coming out throughout this expac? How much attention has Ashran been given? I haven't stepped foot in it for months but from what I hear it's still an abomination.

Not gonna argue the point any further, it's pointless. People will always call for buffs/nerfs because of PvP. But if you think PvP is equally as important as PvE in the devs minds you're kidding yourself.

You're a clown, AT LEAST half of the player base only plays for pure PvP purposes. If they took PvP out of the game right now you would have only 1/2 a game.
04/15/2015 07:38 PMPosted by Jibbles
Should have buffed rake by 25% and rip by 40% but nerf FB and shred by 25% or 30% but you know need even more single target cause why not.

True, but they're just wanting to troll most of the whiners at this point. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
04/14/2015 10:34 PMPosted by Deeath
imo there's no comparison , they need to nerf ferals damage in pvp like they're doing with hunters and dks.

If a ferocious bite hits a raid boss with 10m health for 100k that's one thing, but when it's also hitting that hard against a player with 350k there's a problem ... and yes iv been hit for that much in 660 pvp gear

A 5 CP Ferocious Bite doesn't just happen out of nowhere. What are you doing while the Feral is building up to 5 Combo Points?
Buffs were for pve, where we are middling.

Who cares about pvp this expac lol, ashran is a bad joke
04/16/2015 12:11 AMPosted by Jolon
Buffs were for pve, where we are middling.

so why not specifically buff the damage for ONLY pve? like what theyre doing for dks, hunters, mages, warriors?

04/16/2015 12:11 AMPosted by Jolon
Who cares about pvp this expac lol, ashran is a bad joke

there is so much more to pvp than ashran...
I really only said that cause pvpers are always saying that pve doesn't matter, people who play pve are scrubs, etc.

I can't answer the other question. I'm not blizzard. To be honest I don't really think we needed a buff in pve anyway. I do just fine. If anything, I'd rather see a major buff to bleeds and a nerf to bite. That would give us back our dot playstyle and make us feel less like warriors. It was much more fun the old way.

I'm scratching my head just like everyone else. The ww monk nerfs are just...wow. What in creation are they thinking. Did they just pin all the classes on their wall and throw a dart? Why just randomly destroy a class that was struggling to begin with?
04/16/2015 12:54 AMPosted by Jolon
I really only said that cause pvpers are always saying that pve doesn't matter, people who play pve are scrubs, etc.

I can't answer the other question. I'm not blizzard. To be honest I don't really think we needed a buff in pve anyway. I do just fine. If anything, I'd rather see a major buff to bleeds and a nerf to bite. That would give us back our dot playstyle and make us feel less like warriors. It was much more fun the old way.

I'm scratching my head just like everyone else. The ww monk nerfs are just...wow. What in creation are they thinking. Did they just pin all the classes on their wall and throw a dart? Why just randomly destroy a class that was struggling to begin with?

You really don't know what you're talkin about, bud.
04/16/2015 12:38 AMPosted by Vayris

there is so much more to pvp than ashran...

I wish Blizzard would see it that way.
I'll be the first person to complain this: Rake's stun needs to be cut... Seriously. I've seen people get installed or killed In 3 seconds or less with that !@#$%^- stun
04/16/2015 07:32 AMPosted by Prîdè
I'll be the first person to complain this: Rake's stun needs to be cut... Seriously. I've seen people get installed or killed In 3 seconds or less with that !@#$%^- stun

Maybe if the Druid pops everything. Outside of Berserk/Incarnation a Feral isn't killing anyone in PVP gear in 3 sec after the initial Rake stun.
04/16/2015 07:54 AMPosted by Indyana
04/16/2015 07:32 AMPosted by Prîdè

Maybe if the Druid pops everything. Outside of Berserk/Incarnation a Feral isn't killing anyone in PVP gear in 3 sec after the initial Rake stun.

I've seen it over and over. We all have.

They may be building that 5CP count, but when they unleash it is a massive hit. I get a 5CP count and hit for 1/3-1/4.