HOW TO BEAT A DK WHO SPAMS DEATHSTRIKE?

Hunter
Before you answer that tho, I believe hunters are able to beat DKs. Correct me if this is wrong?

Now, there's this DK that I can't 1v1 at all because he spams death strike and ALWAYS HEALS. Can anyone tell me, if we hunters, are able to beat that kind of loser?

Or am I just wasting my time?
A lot of people will say, correctly, that PvP is definitely not balanced for 1v1.

That said...run MM or SV for this DK you're facing. Run Lone Wolf, otherwise he can just spam Death Strike on your pet and you're pretty much giving him free heals. Next, run "Narrow Escape" for one of your Talents, Glyph Explosive Trap for Knock back, then use this, Binding Shot, and Ice Trap (not Freezing Trap) to slow him down and keep him away from you. When he Death Grips you, Disengage, and I would say pop Deterrence the second he grabs you so he can't use Death Strike on you then, as Death Strike's healing is proportional to its damage done.

From there, just kite him and keep him away from you as much as possible. If he is constantly out of melee range of you, he can't Death Strike you. If you have no pet (ala Lone Wolf), you've denied him any reliable way to constantly heal himself.
04/07/2015 04:34 AMPosted by Asayo
A lot of people will say, correctly, that PvP is definitely not balanced for 1v1.

That said...run MM or SV for this DK you're facing. Run Lone Wolf, otherwise he can just spam Death Strike on your pet and you're pretty much giving him free heals. Next, run "Narrow Escape" for one of your Talents, Glyph Explosive Trap for Knock back, then use this, Binding Shot, and Ice Trap (not Freezing Trap) to slow him down and keep him away from you. When he Death Grips you, Disengage, and I would say pop Deterrence the second he grabs you so he can't use Death Strike on you then, as Death Strike's healing is proportional to its damage done.

From there, just kite him and keep him away from you as much as possible. If he is constantly out of melee range of you, he can't Death Strike you. If you have no pet (ala Lone Wolf), you've denied him any reliable way to constantly heal himself.

good advice
It's really hard to beat a DK as BM, but it is doable, but you cannot let your pet attack him at all and don't use kill command, considering you are giving up 60% of your damage to kill him it will take a long time to do so

If he pulls your pet in use masters call, use bullheaded if he tries to stun it to keep it there for the healing (he will get the healing off under this condition) you can now attack with pet for a second (one basic attack and kill command then pull it off as his runes will be back soon)

Point being you basically can't attack with pet at all

It's much easier as MM or SV as not nearly as much damage is pet reliant
04/07/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Lilcreame
good advice

Ehhh....kinda.

Speaking as SV here...

Pet: Scorpion for Mortal Wounds or Ravager for Vers. LW sounds good on paper, but Roar of Sacrifice and Master's Call are too important not to have, as well as SB's HoT.

Glyphs: Solace, Snake, and Explo. You need snake for the root, while keeping Ice off cd for oh sh!t moments.

Key Talents: CTCH for 10sec DE's and shorter cd on Detters. Spirit Bond bc you absolutely need the HoT while you are kiting. Glaives bc it does decent dmg, has a slow, isnt affected by AMS, and is Focus friendly. EM for Frozen Ammo.

Vs FDK's....

I keep seeing "keep your pet off him" which is partly true, but if your pet is defaulted to passive, all you have to do is recall the pet. If the DK follows the pet, fine, slow him, and let the pet get out of melee range. A DK chasing your pet for heals plays into your hands. With the Scorpion pet, his heals are getting reduced anyway.

10sec DE's are real vs DKs. Your whole goal is to get him desperate/frustrated enough to start blowing Asphyx and DG's to get too you, instead of bring you back to him. Even if he runs Chillblains, he is just as slowed as you are, so those DE's still create a gap. When the DK gets near you, jump a few times. Most of them will think you are DE-ing (again) and will blow their DGrip, leaving you a free out. When AMS comes up, use your Glaive for a slow and keep distance. If you get Gripped while AMS is up, just burn a Deterr, and get out of there. Explo when he gets too close for comfort.

As SV, its not a fast fight, but you can rot them down over time. Just stay mobile and use your def cd's and traps wisely. 20sec traps means something is almost always up or about to be up. The SV hunter has the advantage. He pops Pillar, its a perfect time to use Roar. He pops IBF, root him with snake, and so on. Stop thinking about dmg so much, and instead, play a game of Keep Away with him. If you can do it long enough, you are going to win.

If its an UHDk, its a lot of the same, just make sure when the pet goes mongo, you trap it. Deterr the Goyle, and so on.

If its a Blood DK, just decline the duel and /lol him for being Blood. Its not worth the hour long fight you are about to endure.
Make sure to have a /petpassive macro.

Build up your stacks for burst asap.

Use every single kiting ability you have and rotate through, only saving disengage for a deathgrip

keep slows on them 100% of the time.

Only trinket a stun if he is going to have a large amount of uptime during it.

Make sure that if you stun him, you are prepared to not commit cooldowns because of IBF's damage reduction

posthaste or narrow escape work just fine either way.
The same way you beat warriors?

Maybe that's just me
1v1 hunters tend to run spirit beast more often then not. The 25% healing debuff is a lot better to run here if you are good at kiting. I find with it i can basically just power through the heals.
I had some epic 3 to 4 min fights with DKs. And won 75% of them. You need even ground for your explosive trap and disengage to work. So kite wisely.
04/07/2015 04:34 AMPosted by Asayo

What of Icy Chains when you can't use Master's Call?