Not-yet-unlocked Menagerie group therapy

Pet Battles
1 2 3 8 Next
Are you a pet battler who hasn't yet unlocked the Menagerie in your Garrison?

If so, check in here and let's talk about it.
You can't tell me how to run my Garrison!

(J/K I have it fully unlocked :p)
I do not enjoy pet battles, simply because there's tons of other things to do, i can't find the time to actually try and form nice little squads, :(.
i unlocked this, and still i have one thing to say
SCREW CARROTUS MAXIMUS
My friend forced me to level a pet and unlock level one :(
even with addons it's a hassle to manage pet teams and figure out which pet perfectly counters others. there's no good way to sort through them all.

for example, if i were fighting a flyer with abilities weak against critter, then i'd want to use a critter with abilities strong against flyer. it feels like too much trouble trying to scroll and mouseover everything figuring that out.

then there's managing teams for previously defeated pet masters. i like pet battles, but i just can't make myself shuffle pets in and out over and over or save 50 different teams on some huge list with an addon.
I have hundreds of pets at level 25. Haven't unlocked it. It is just grindy and I lost interest. Especially without flying in the game now.

edit: Haven't unlocked level 3. I guess I took this thread as being about a serious topic. My bad.
I demand that this useless plot of land be replaced by something actually useful. I suggest an extra plot of each size, an automatic upgrade to a level 3 garrison and a stone that gives me permanent 510% flying speed in Draenor would be fair.
04/15/2015 09:25 PMPosted by Clovcakes

Are you still friends?
I love pets, I don't like battle pets, so that thing is basically an unusable eyesore in my garrison.
Would be nice if you could provide some sort of work order that provides an alternative path to gaining pets.
04/15/2015 09:12 PMPosted by Kaivax
Are you a pet battler who hasn't yet unlocked the Menagerie in your Garrison?

If so, check in here and let's talk about it.

Did you make this thread for all the haters to come out of the woodwork? lol
I'm waiting for the inevitable Feat of Strength for not leveling a pet :(
I only just unlocked mine last weekend. Can I still give feedback?

1) Lack of time. The lvl 25 stones helped lower the bar, but I've got followers to manage, scavenging boxes to open, and ore to mine.
2) Rewards don't affect anything outside the minigame: just higher level pets and more pets
3) Scared of picking the "wrong" pets for my lvl 25 stones (needed to do research on counters system first)
Hmm, kind of weird timing for this thread. The Menagerie used to be a real challenge to unlock, but since the nerf it only takes a few pets leveled to 25 to get it done.

I do agree that the default Pet Battle UI is woefully inadequate, and figuring out the counters is a lot harder without an addon like Rematch.
I'm curious where all these non-pet battlers came from. Was this thread re directed from another post or something?

Did they hold a gun to your head or tied you up with fire under your feet unless you unlocked it?
04/15/2015 09:53 PMPosted by Zivi

Did they hold a gun to your head or tied you up with fire under your feet unless you unlocked it?

This is exactly how it happened to mine.
I just want a mini paladin to follow me around. That's all. Never did get the crusader murky. :(
04/15/2015 09:25 PMPosted by Vonh
even with addons it's a hassle to manage pet teams and figure out which pet perfectly counters others. there's no good way to sort through them all.

for example, if i were fighting a flyer with abilities weak against critter, then i'd want to use a critter with abilities strong against flyer. it feels like too much trouble trying to scroll and mouseover everything figuring that out.

then there's managing teams for previously defeated pet masters. i like pet battles, but i just can't make myself shuffle pets in and out over and over or save 50 different teams on some huge list with an addon.

What addon are you using to do this? Because Rematch does this pretty flawlessly.

1. "for example, if i were fighting a flyer with abilities weak against critter, then i'd want to use a critter with abilities strong against flyer. it feels like too much trouble trying to scroll and mouseover everything figuring that out." -- Rematch has type bars for "strong against" and "tough against" searches at the top of the pet list. Figuring this out is as easy as clicking the Flying icon in "strong against" and the Elemental icon in "tough against" to get you a list of critters with magical attacks (mostly snails).

2. "then there's managing teams for previously defeated pet masters. i like pet battles, but i just can't make myself shuffle pets in and out over and over or save 50 different teams on some huge list with an addon"
Rematch handles the shuffle automatically once you've saved a team for that tamer. Mouse over them and up comes your team.

You can even separate your saved teams out into tabs, so your huge list is much easier to look at. If you really wanted to, you could have separate tabs for Draenor tamers, for Garrison battles, for Kalimdor trainers, so that each little sub-list is manageable and easy to look at.

I suppose the initial set-up cost of going to each tamer, putting in the team you want, and saving the team with that tamer's name is a little steep, but given it's totally automated from there on out (since you can include a leveling pet slot on the team, and fill your leveling queue with pets that will cycle out as they hit 25), I am puzzled as to why that would keep you from using it.

04/15/2015 09:28 PMPosted by Randomsmo
I demand that this useless plot of land be replaced by something actually useful. I suggest an extra plot of each size, an automatic upgrade to a level 3 garrison and a stone that gives me permanent 510% flying speed in Draenor would be fair.

Guys. Guys. This is sarcasm. Stop downvoting poor Smo.
I just don't care enough about pet battles to bother. Can I get something else to go there?