Advertisements in wow launcher

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Dear Blizzard,

I don't pay you to have my WoW launcher infested with advertisements of some random youtube channels. Please don't do that again. Your own services are fine though.

Thank you.
Never seen ads for Youtube channels in the launcher before.
I don't know Aligatro, but when he makes a valid point, I give him a +1.
Since when does the launcher have anything not Blizzard related?
... maybe they're practicing for when wow goes f2p
I thought it was pretty cool that they put up that video of two WoW players who got engaged.

The dude was voted the #1 PvP streamer on Twitch as well.

So I mean, deal with it?
It was fun to watch. Never heard of them. They seem like good folk. Didn't mind it. <shrug> It was WoW related, after all.
05/01/2015 05:39 PMPosted by Ysha

Yup, he won the recent Blizzard-sponsored voting. It's more of a "community spotlight" type video than an advertisement.

People need to calm down.
I thought it was pretty cool that they put up that video of two WoW players who got engaged.

This is totally cool.

This ruins it.
Sounds like you have some adware on your computer sir. Only Youtube video is the on on how they made gorehound weapon
05/01/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Aligatro
Dear Blizzard,

I don't pay you to have my WoW launcher infested with advertisements of some random youtube channels. Please don't do that again. Your own services are fine though.

Thank you.

You must've been really trying to come up with something to complain about.
05/01/2015 05:42 PMPosted by Speedslink

Think about the people you are asking to calm down.
Might as well ask them to sprout wings and take flight.
05/01/2015 05:49 PMPosted by Balok
Sounds like you have some adware on your computer sir. Only Youtube video is the on on how they made gorehound weapon

Nup, there is a marketing video to send WoW players to a youtubers channel.
I first watched Baj years ago back in Cata. I have absolutely no hate towards the guy, he's a great personality and seeing him grow from just a dude making BG videos to a Gladiator is pretty awesome.
Does it really matter? It's wow content nonethless, who cares if it's not official. Nobody cared when they put that "Nerdlords of Draenor" video in the launcher months ago, do you people really just hate pvp that much?
05/01/2015 05:42 PMPosted by Speedslink

Yup, he won the recent Blizzard-sponsored voting. It's more of a "community spotlight" type video than an advertisement.

Correct! When and where we can we like spotlighting members of our community who have a positive impact on their peers and create compelling content. Hopefully it's something we can continue to do. :)

05/01/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Aligatro
I don't pay you to

I don't think this is ever the start of a constructive statement in any context.
Hopefully it's something we can continue to do. :)

You mean...

More lumberjacks?
05/01/2015 06:25 PMPosted by Kelvv
You mean...

More lumberjacks?

Additional lumber is required, so yeah.
05/01/2015 05:49 PMPosted by Balok

Nup, there is a marketing video to send WoW players to a youtubers channel.

Yep. That's pretty much what it is.

Whatever though. The launcher isn't usually up long enough for me to do anything other than click the shiny blue button that says PLAY.