Advertisements in wow launcher

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Correct! When and where we can we like spotlighting members of our community who have a positive impact on their peers and create compelling content. Hopefully it's something we can continue to do. :)

I'm not going to bash the people you chose, nor am I bashing streamers in general.

I don't think Blizzard should be serving as a marketing arm for a handful of streamers and youtube makers, but if you really must, I don't think we should have a video on our bnet app, but just a link. I don't need or want to see people who are nothing more than other WoW game players on my bnet app. If I should choose to go watch their video that's totes my choice then to see these fellow WoW players and support their business, because that's what it is, it's a business for those two.
05/01/2015 05:48 PMPosted by Fallanaa
05/01/2015 05:39 PMPosted by Ysha
I thought it was pretty cool that they put up that video of two WoW players who got engaged.

This is totally cool.

05/01/2015 05:39 PMPosted by Ysha
The dude was voted the #1 PvP streamer on Twitch as well.

This ruins it.

Not really sure how that ruins it, I mean, he was voted for by the player community.
05/01/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Ysha
Not really sure how that ruins it, I mean, he was voted for by the player community.

It's PvP.

Nothing good ever comes from those three letters.
I already spoke my mind on there channel , i hate the crap .
05/01/2015 05:37 PMPosted by Cheatin
... maybe they're practicing for when wow goes f2p

I thought the game was f2p already

for those who have a lot of gold.
Correct! When and where we can we like spotlighting members of our community who have a positive impact on their peers and create compelling content.

You mean you like to spotlight people who give you free advertising on youtube. Not trying to be rude but why not try to spotlight actual players. Not people who are basically preferred players because they make you look good on social media but the everyday player.
05/01/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Zarhym

05/01/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Aligatro
I don't pay you to

I don't think this is ever the start of a constructive statement in any context.

Its not? Then I don't pay blizzard? As a blizzard customer, I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the portion of the paid service that I don't like. I understand that it was some sort of contest that allowed winners to have a greater exposure to the player base, but I don't like to have youtube advertisements in my launcher. If you plan to make more of stuff like this in the future, it needs to be completely optional.I should be able to turn it off, so it doesn't show for me again.
05/01/2015 06:35 PMPosted by Sendrunna
I already spoke my mind on there channel , i hate the crap .

I'm sure they'll take the complaint real serious on their channel.
I watched the video and the Bahjeera guy seems like an actually decent person.

That's awesome.

All the other PvP WoW celebrities seem like a-holes.
05/01/2015 06:40 PMPosted by Aligatro
Its not? Then I don't pay blizzard? As a blizzard customer, I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the portion of the paid service that I don't like. I understand that it was some sort of contest that allowed winners to have a greater exposure to the player base, but I don't like to have youtube advertisements in my launcher. If you plan to make more of stuff like this in the future, it needs to be completely optional.I should be able to turn it off, so it doesn't show for me again.

It is optional, just don't watch it.

If it just being there hurts your feelings, you need a wake-up call for your self-absorbed, self-important self.

If this post is mean, sorry, I just feel very strongly about this. People need to stop acting like they're forced to watch this video on the launcher. When people say it isn't completely optional when it's just there and doesn't play unless you click on it, well...that is just not okay to me.
I saw a video on the D3 part of the launcher last year of an EU cm eating a ghost pepper omg rage what am i paying for!

People just need to lighten up a little bit, if the content doesn't interest you don't click on it?
05/01/2015 06:41 PMPosted by Sevaryn
I watched the video and the Bahjeera guy seems like an actually decent person.
From what I've gathered over the last year or so, he is one of the better people who stream. Hence why I very much refrained from attacking him or Jen here or on twitter. I have no quarrel with them.
05/01/2015 06:08 PMPosted by Anja
05/01/2015 05:42 PMPosted by Speedslink

People need to calm down.

Think about the people you are asking to calm down.
Might as well ask them to sprout wings and take flight.

They can't.

Blizzard hasn't reintroduced flying yet.

I don't think this is ever the start of a constructive statement in any context.

Does a still image advertisement cause you that much distress?

Calm yourself, child.
For once I'm on the side of the people complaining. I don't give a rat's rear end about Youtube, streamers, tournament winners, etc. Make this kind of crap opt in.

I log in to WoW to play WoW. Not stare at spam related to a bunch of nonsense I have less than no interest in.

Not all of us are twitter/twitch-obsessed lemmings.
Anyone else remember when the forums were littered with ads? I miss t-shirt girl.

ROTFLMAO, get over yourself.
Reason #207 I do not use the launcher.