Advertisements in wow launcher

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
05/01/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Aligatro
Dear Blizzard,

I don't pay you to have my WoW launcher infested with advertisements of some random youtube channels. Please don't do that again. Your own services are fine though.

Thank you.

I'd prefer the major part of launcher interface's real-estate wasn't devoted to promotions in general. I already pay them a subscription fee. I don't need the advertisements too.

Thinly-veiled ad-platform. Really dislike it. Generally when you start paying a for a service on a monthly basis, you get the ad-free version.
05/01/2015 06:33 PMPosted by Fallanaa
05/01/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Ysha
Not really sure how that ruins it, I mean, he was voted for by the player community.

It's PvP.

Nothing good ever comes from those three letters.

That's a comment full of questions.

PvP is competition.

Competition is a complex thing. It brings out the best and the worst in all participants. It refines the technique and sharpens the mind, body and spirit.

Saying that nothing ever good comes from it isn't justified.
05/01/2015 06:40 PMPosted by Aligatro
05/01/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Zarhym

I don't think this is ever the start of a constructive statement in any context.

Its not? Then I don't pay blizzard? As a blizzard customer, I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the portion of the paid service that I don't like. I understand that it was some sort of contest that allowed winners to have a greater exposure to the player base, but I don't like to have youtube advertisements in my launcher. If you plan to make more of stuff like this in the future, it needs to be completely optional.I should be able to turn it off, so it doesn't show for me again.

The ONLY thing you're paying for is access to the WoW servers and the ability to post on the forums.

Regardless of what you THINK you're paying for, it's not the launcher or anything that's featured on it.

Shut up.
From my perspective posting this YouTube ad is way below Blizzard's standards. It is completely full of itself and only acts as an advertisement for this individual's channel. If it was truly a "Community Spotlight" video, it would be produced by the company to a certain level of quality and not just given some random stamp of approval.

And the most exasperating part of this advertisement is the fact that I have to stare at those faces (even if it's only for a brief moment) each time my launcher opens up for god-knows how long.

If want to correct this, produce a write up about the individual and link to his page through a Community Spotlight Blue Post or something. Just get it off the launcher, please.
I watched the video and the Bahjeera guy seems like an actually decent person.

All the other PvP WoW celebrities seem like a-holes.

He seemed to acting and/or having a game face ON. While holding back insane laughter that he wanted to launch into.
Hopefully it's something we can continue to do. :)

6.1.5- ADVERTISING!!!!
I don't pay you to

I don't think this is ever the start of a constructive statement in any context.

So in other words, just because you disagree with someone's statement, you automatically dismiss it as a non-constructive statement.

Nice logic Z.

*Edit* Typo fail.

>.>

You're free to believe whatever you want, just as everyone else is including myself. But that doesn't mean the OP, myself nor anyone should be slapped with your blanket statement of being non-constructive. OP does have a point. I hate to be "that person", but we do pay your salary. I'm preaching to the choir here...but if it were not for the millions of customers, Blizzard wouldn't have lasted, or grown this large.

I don't mind reading or hearing about updates, but I would feel quite the opposite with an advertisement that had nothing to do with Blizzard or WoW.

05/01/2015 06:57 PMPosted by Ysha
The ONLY thing you're paying for is access to the WoW servers and the ability to post on the forums.

Regardless of what you THINK you're paying for, it's not the launcher or anything that's featured on it.

Shut up.

Oh, so the launcher has nothing to do with WoW? ............um..okay? You do realize the launcher provides updates to the client, right? You do realize we use the launcher to connect to the servers in which we must pay a monthly fee to connect to right?

Just wow....../facepalm
05/01/2015 07:02 PMPosted by Arlaesa
So in other words, just because you disagree with someone's statement, you automatically dismiss it as a non-constructive statement.

Welcome to the club...Still waiting on a response bout apexis daily....
05/01/2015 06:58 PMPosted by Blazer
From my perspective posting this YouTube ad is way below Blizzard's standards. It is completely full of itself and only acts as an advertisement for this individual's channel. If it was truly a "Community Spotlight" video, it would be produced by the company to a certain level of quality and not just given some random stamp of approval.

This is the thing that irks me, I don't mind the ''community spotlight'' but, hummm, I don't know, they are just linking a video from this guy's channel, feels a bit lazy... A blizzzard produced video with appropiate corporate image and stuff would be better, something along the lines of the ''forging gorehowl'' video, now that's something you put on the launcher
We want to promote members of the community who create compelling content and are positive influences to those around them. That's all. :)

We just think some in the community could benefit from being exposed to the creativity of others out there. If we have additional opportunities to inform and entertain the community with content from their peers, we think that's a good thing.

If this doesn't apply to you or you're not interested in being a part of it, we're certainly not forcing you to click on anything in the launcher -- and never have -- to play the game, other than the button to launch the game of course!
Or you could just ignore it. The video isn't auto-play and nobody is forcing you to start it.
I don't pay you to

Nice logic Z.

*Edit* Typo fail.

>.>

You're free to believe whatever you want, just as everyone else is including myself. But that doesn't mean the OP, myself nor anyone should be slapped with your blanket statement of being non-constructive. OP does have a point. I hate to be "that person", but we do pay your salary. I'm preaching to the choir here...but if it were not for the millions of customers, Blizzard wouldn't have lasted, or grown this large.

They're not Red Lobster and their employees are not the wait staff, there to be ordered around, threatened and talked down to, either. It's their company, their game and their launcher. If you want changes, barking orders and claiming that you're paying for it isn't going to get you anywhere because you know what? Your $15 a month is a drop in the bucket.
05/01/2015 06:49 PMPosted by Vook
Calm yourself, child.

Yes, here we have yet another stereotypical response.

>.>

<.<

It's like .... idk? Did you run out of names to call others and decided to use the same word everyone uses?
05/01/2015 06:43 PMPosted by Sabod
I saw a video on the D3 part of the launcher last year of an EU cm eating a ghost pepper omg rage what am i paying for!

People just need to lighten up a little bit, if the content doesn't interest you don't click on it?

That was hilarious--"the rise of Diablanaro and his burning minions!"
What's the purpose of the upvote/downvote system?
05/01/2015 07:05 PMPosted by Zarhym
We want to promote members of the community who create compelling content and are positive influences to those around them. That's all. :)

Understandable.

We just think some in the community could benefit from being exposed to the creativity of others out there. If we have additional opportunities to inform and entertain the community with content from their peers, we think that's a good thing.

I think all people like bahjeer can benefit from stuff like this, so I see this as a great thing.

If this doesn't apply to you or you're not interested in being a part of it, we're certainly not forcing you to click on anything in the launcher -- and never have -- to play the game, other than the button to launch the game of course!

...I always have some invisible hand forcing me to click on your stuff..Telling me I might find something to stop my endless hunger for some content. Not sure if u can remove the haunting spirit that forces me to click it but....Wait a min...*looks at zarh icon*....WHY DO YOU POSSES MY HAND TO CLICK YOUR LINKS?!?!?!....WHYYY!

Videos of WoW players shouldn't be on the bnet app. Also the term content creator is misleading, because most streamers don't really create content, they talk about or play content someone else created.
05/01/2015 07:10 PMPosted by Zzero

Understandable.

I think all people like bahjeer can benefit from stuff like this, so I see this as a great thing.

...I always have some invisible hand forcing me to click on your stuff..Telling me I might find something to stop my endless hunger for some content. Not sure if u can remove the haunting spirit that forces me to click it but....Wait a min...*looks at zarh icon*....WHY DO YOU POSSES MY HAND TO CLICK YOUR LINKS?!?!?!....WHYYY!

Because I care! Okay?! Gawwww!

Could you please provide us with a simple promotion-free launcher interface?