Advertisements in wow launcher

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
05/01/2015 05:39 PMPosted by Ysha
The dude was voted the #1 PvP streamer on Twitch as well.

Now there's something to make the world proud. Doctor? Bah. Scientist? Bah. #1 PvP streamer! Now THAT is something to put on your resume.
I don't see the harm in creating an option to turning off spotlight type deals if you don't wish to see them.

But I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it. Seems like a case of complaining just to complain ^^ But there is an argument to be made that people do pay monthly to get away from that type of stuff that is rampant in free MMO's.
Make the top heading in the launcher - GAMES SHOP NEWS COMMUNITY, then blizz has a place to put all their spammy stuff and free youtube advertisers. Personally I like a lightweight launcher. Game buttons, an options menu, and a play button.
would be nice to have it be a toggle

or have all ad content not displayed by default, with a slideout button to open up extra content like that

i agree that the stuff is cool for some, but it's not one-size-fits-all.

i can't explain why, but I just happened to not like this one
05/01/2015 07:11 PMPosted by Fairaday
Videos of WoW players shouldn't be on the bnet app.

That's absolutely a valid opinion with which we happen to disagree.
05/01/2015 07:05 PMPosted by Zarhym
We want to promote members of the community who create compelling content and are positive influences to those around them. That's all. :)

There are members of the community that are a positive influence that don't give you free PR. There are a plethora of good and helpful players that go ignored because they don't give you free advertising... I mean create compelling content.

Other games spotlight actual players all the time. I refuse to call your youtube advertisers actual players.
05/01/2015 07:11 PMPosted by Zarhym
Because I care! Okay?! Gawwww!

Possessing people to click on links is bad mkay...
05/01/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Aligatro
Dear Blizzard,

I don't pay you to have my WoW launcher infested with advertisements of some random youtube channels. Please don't do that again. Your own services are fine though.

Thank you.

You pay to play the game. They want to pop a link to a youtube channel? Fine. You need to leave the entitlement at the door.
05/01/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Fairaday
Correct! When and where we can we like spotlighting members of our community who have a positive impact on their peers and create compelling content. Hopefully it's something we can continue to do. :)

I'm not going to bash the people you chose, nor am I bashing streamers in general.

I don't think Blizzard should be serving as a marketing arm for a handful of streamers and youtube makers, but if you really must, I don't think we should have a video on our bnet app, but just a link. I don't need or want to see people who are nothing more than other WoW game players on my bnet app. If I should choose to go watch their video that's totes my choice then to see these fellow WoW players and support their business, because that's what it is, it's a business for those two.

agree 100%. Blizzard shouldn't be pushing other's commercial advertisements on our desktops
Dear Blizzard,

I don't pay you to have my WoW launcher infested with advertisements of some random youtube channels. Please don't do that again. Your own services are fine though.

Thank you.

I didn't notice anything but I don't like to have junk coming up on my pc either. I guess we are stuck with that desktop app permanent like now anyway.

ooo I see now - how totally tacky.

Can we actually play WoW without using that launcher ?
05/01/2015 07:15 PMPosted by Primalmatter

You develop the game I understand with the whole lets make a patch for twitch you forgot about that but I assure we have not.

Is this even English?
Dear Blizzard,

Thank you.

Really? Do you scream at the manager at the movie theater because you "didn't pay" to have to sit through advertisements and trailers before the movie?
05/01/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't pay you to

I don't think this is ever the start of a constructive statement in any context.

It is a terrible business practice to ignore legitimate customer complaints because you don't like them.
05/01/2015 07:17 PMPosted by Locknoth
Do you scream at the manager at the movie theater because you "didn't pay" to have to sit through advertisements and trailers before the movie?

Anyone who hates trailers is a commie loving peacenik who needs to sent to trailer re-education camps.
05/01/2015 07:13 PMPosted by Alidir
There are members of the community that are a positive influence that don't give you free PR. There are a plethora of good and helpful players that go ignored because they don't give you free advertising... I mean create compelling content.

We're not ignoring other content creators or positive influences in the community by not including them all at once in this highlight. Surely that's not an abstract conclusion.
Posted by Fairaday
Videos of WoW players shouldn't be on the bnet app.

That's absolutely a valid opinion with which we happen to disagree.

I think this entire issue can be narrowed down to the fact that the video completely destroys the aesthetics of the WoD Launcher. You guys did a great job making the UI look clean while keeping the colorization and characters in the background savage. You got Garrosh standing in the background looking all bad*** and tough.

.....but wait, what is this?...

Two faces staring back at you from the main information pane. The clashing colors draw your eyes to their damning grins. Is this something important? It must be, so you click.

And then you immediately ask yourself, what the heck am I suddenly wasting my time watching.
05/01/2015 07:19 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're not ignoring other content creators or positive influences in the community by not including them all at once in this highlight. Surely that's not an abstract conclusion.

Can't you guys just do everything at once?