Advertisements in wow launcher

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
05/01/2015 07:30 PMPosted by Thromdar
, not even when they did that very thing on the D3 forums?

I am not talking about D3. D3 has not been around for 8 years. The world of warcraft team has never spotlighted a normal player. Only players that give them free advertising on social media.
Here's a crazy idea.
idk dont watch it? lol.
05/01/2015 07:34 PMPosted by Deathphage
No, we are not at an impasse, you are missing the key grievance -- you are promoting a player who has played on RBG teams involved in DDoSing

Then report them using the proper channels maybe? Either to your ISP or the authorities along with whatever chat service that allows IP addresses to be seen.
05/01/2015 07:33 PMPosted by Alidir
I am not talking about D3. D3 has not been around for 8 years. The world of warcraft team has never spotlighted a normal player. Only players that give them free advertising on social media.

You said and I quote:

05/01/2015 07:22 PMPosted by Alidir
No but in 8 years I have never seen you guys spotlight anyone who wasn't giving you free advertisement. Not once have I seen you (as in Blizzard) spotlight a normal player.

Notice Warcraft is nowhere in that quote. You said Blizzard.

Anyway I'm just going to stop posting and riling people up with my words, I don't need that, you all don't need that, Blizzard doesn't need that.
05/01/2015 07:25 PMPosted by Hackx
I really wish threads like these wouldn't get highlighted by Blizzard CMs. It only helps to reconsider my part in this community sometimes, and attracts more of this entitlement that is rampant throughout a lot of communities. There's a video of a community person that you don't have to click and it gets a thread, and replies, to even further bring in more people, and I can only wonder why it is important.

Life is too short to be so cynical and mad about things like these, but I do imagine I'm making a moot point in a forum like this, so I'll leave you folks to it.

It's actually a great point, though I'm not sure if you'll read my reply to it. I just wanted to clarify our intent behind this highlight and, ideally, future highlights like it. The concept is pretty straightforward: highlight community content on the launcher when we don't have anything particularly pressing to put up ourselves at a particular time.
05/01/2015 07:34 PMPosted by Deathphage
No, we are not at an impasse, you are missing the key grievance -- you are promoting a player who has played on RBG teams involved in DDoSing, which is not only a CRIME, but also cheating.

Literally every single high rated RBG team cheats, you cannot play any high rated RBG without somebody botting, flying or DDoSing. The only way to avoid being associated with them is to never play an RBG above 2k rating.

In other news, Kaska went to blizzcon and is this games most notorious DDoSer, not just associated with them but did the DDoSing himself.
05/01/2015 07:36 PMPosted by Zarhym
we don't have anything particularly pressing to put up ourselves at a particular time.

We've noticed.
05/01/2015 07:36 PMPosted by Deathphage
05/01/2015 07:34 PMPosted by Astewin
Here's a crazy idea.
idk dont watch it? lol.

for those of us with peripheral vision, this is impossible.

Here is a crazy idea, don't click on the video. It doesn't automatically play, nobody is forcing you to click it.
05/01/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Frostmouron
Launcher sounds like it should mostly "launch games"

That's what running an .exe file does. A launcher is a space that has information about a game or games including promotions and any relevant news or patch notes. That's exactly what they're using it for, too.

And I'm really glad, 'cause some days I don't check the forums so having info there helps me find it easier, and also informs players that may not regularly check for information on the game that there are things happening in the community.

The launcher has more reach than any external media, including their own website.
05/01/2015 07:22 PMPosted by Alidir
No but in 8 years I have never seen you guys spotlight anyone who wasn't giving you free advertisement. Not once have I seen you (as in Blizzard) spotlight a normal player.

Your youtube advertisers already get perks from you guys. Why not focus on the everyday player who doesn't make ad revenue from streaming your game.
I'm seriously curious as to how you would like to see Blizzard "spotlight" a "normal" player if you are specifically against them linking youtube and twitch video associated players.

Are they supposed to create a new email link just to send in original videos that have not been linked to the other sites and hire a full new crew to man the facilities to go through them? I check out quite a few videos on the aforementioned sites and I honestly have never seen any that weren't sponsored in some way that had anything of much interest to watch.
05/01/2015 07:36 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's actually a great point, though I'm not sure if you'll read my reply to it. I just wanted to clarify our intent behind this highlight and, ideally, future highlights like it. The concept is pretty straightforward: highlight community content on the launcher when we don't have anything particularly pressing to put up ourselves at a particular time.

If you must put videos on the launcher, then I would rather see you guys highlight the dev team, the art team, the music team, the CM team, the quest team, etc. Those are the true content creators.

Literally every single high rated RBG team cheats, you cannot play any high rated RBG without somebody botting, flying or DDoSing. The only way to avoid being associated with them is to never play an RBG above 2k rating.

In other news, Kaska went to blizzcon and is this games most notorious DDoSer, not just associated with them but did the DDoSing himself.

Complete garbage -- the highest rated team, Team Abn, does not cheat at all. But they have to put up with clowns like Bajheera who cheat with Blizzard endorsement.

And Kaska is not a ddoser at all, that's just a rumor/inside joke

So you've just admitted you know absolutely nothing about this games community and everything you have and will say is now completely irrelevant, well done.
Have to agree with the OP, I clicked on the vid because I thought it might be some promotion for the game or something of the sort, or hell even something cool to hear about people who met playing or something.

I did not expect to see an ad for some random guy's twitch channel. I know it's all the rage with the kids or whatever, but honestly when I start having more fun watching people play the game than playing it myself...that's a serious problem for the game. Really shouldn't be advertising this stuff, IMO.
05/01/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't know how you define normal, but I'm pretty sure we're at an impasse. You seem to disregard any player the moment they start a YouTube or Twitch channel to share their own WoW-related content and gameplay.

You can claim that it's because you think we just love the PR or advertising. I think it's way overly judgmental and even cynical.

You can insult me Zar all you want. You know exactly what I mean when I say "normal player". Players that do not give you free pr on social media but the players who log in and are helpful to the community everyday without getting paid for it or without getting free perks from you guys.

They don't share their wow related content and gameplay out of the kindness of their hearts or for love of the game. They do it for the same reason Blizzard makes games and that is for money and some very minute fame.

The only reason we are at an impasse and claim not to understand the definition of "normal player" is because hello you are a Blizzard employee. So I am sure the boss would be mad if you acknowledged those people are already compensated by advertisers and by you guys (through free items, blizzcon tickets and early alpha/beta access).
05/01/2015 07:38 PMPosted by Rixna
05/01/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Frostmouron
Launcher sounds like it should mostly "launch games"

That's what running an .exe file does. A launcher is a space that has information about a game or games including promotions and any relevant news or patch notes. That's exactly what they're using it for, too.

And I'm really glad, 'cause some days I don't check the forums so having info there helps me find it easier, and also informs players that may not regularly check for information on the game that there are things happening in the community.

The launcher has more reach than any external media, including their own website.

Great summary of the launcher. :)