Mount totals and merging toons: two questions

Customer Support
In attempting to acquire 250 mounts I noticed that the total on my mount list is one number, while the number in the achievement window is substantially smaller. (222 and 190)

Do some mounts not count? Do you not get credit towards the achievement if you have all the alliance mounts, and then buy Horde ones? (My achievement total did not move when buying Horde mounts) Do class mounts not count towards the achievement? I'm just trying to get a handle on which mounts I should pursue and which ones to ignore.

Quesiton 2: Can I merge some of my toons into 1. I had a main for a long time (warrior), then got a Healer or two that I really liked. Now I pretty much play my Monk. But. My warrior and other healers have lots of rep., items that aren't in the game, and achievement points that aren't on my Monk. I don't want to go back and grind 60 reps on my Monk, or do all the Argent Tournament dailies. Will Blizz let me 'merge' these toons into 1. Basically get all the stuff from my former mains onto my current one. I realize if it were possible it'd probably be a one-time thing. And. I also realize it's not easy. I just wanted to ask.

Thanks
05/03/2015 05:23 PMPosted by Kvonnegut
Can I merge some of my toons into 1

Not really
1. Horde and Alliance mounts, though different, count as a single mount. Class specific and profession specific mounts only count on the characters that can use them.

2. There is no such thing as a character merge.
Do some mounts not count?

I wanted to provide a bit more information to Flatspriest's post.

The overall total mount listing will count Alliance and Horde specific mounts into your over-all count in the Mounts Tab which will make the number significantly higher if you are active on both sides. Additionally, mounts that require a specific class (paladin, death knight, warlock) or a specific profession (tailoring rugs and the like) also will count in the Mount Tab, but if your character can't use it, it will not count towards the achievement.

Can I merge some of my toons into 1

As mentioned, this isn't something that is available or can be done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have feedback for me? Click here!
05/03/2015 05:36 PMPosted by Flatspriest
1. Horde and Alliance mounts, though different, count as a single mount. Class specific and profession specific mounts only count on the characters that can use them.

2. There is no such thing as a character merge.

Thanks.