Soloing Kil'jaeden

Hunter
So I'm a level 90 hunter with decent gear trying to solo old content for Transmogs. I have had no issues with Tempest Keep, Black Temple, and the other bosses of Sunwell, but I can't beat Kil'jaeden due to his Fire Bloom attack. He constantly has it applied to me and it does over 3k a tick. How am I suppose to get around this move?
Just burst him down. I could solo it at 90. And I'm a rogue XD. But, for real, I would just pop everything you have and make sure you deter when needed if you have to.
Your talent choices are hurting you.

Lvl 15: Change Narrow Escape to Crouching Tiger. A shorter Deterrence CD will help you with survival.

Lvl 45: Iron Hawk over Spirit Bond (most of the time). Unless you're spending a long period of time below 100% health, the 10% damage reduction will be more benefit.

Lvl 60: Steady Focus or Dire Beast. Pick whichever one you feel more comfortable with. For what you're doing you'll probably want Dire Beast. Steady Focus is something you might not want to bother with till you get max level and start raiding. Thrill of the Hunt is all but useless for BM spec.

Lvl 75: Stampede. This talent alone is the reason you're struggling with burst. Pick it, use it, love it.

Lvl 90: good

Lvl 100: When you get there, pick Adaptation. It's pretty much a no brainer for you even though someone is likely to go into the complicated scenarios where you would use it which I don't think apply to you just yet.

Glyphs aren't going to impact your dps, but for survival reasons you might want to consider changing those as well if you still have issues living.
Not sure how you have trouble (the fact your ilvl is 384 certainly doesnt help) but Ive never came close to dying on the encounter. I just run a constant circle around him. Never stopping. Using glaive toss to get the adds on my pet (add a macro so glaive toss MD's your pet. Same with multishot)

If you can take Brutalis, than I really dont know how youre dying to KilJaeden.
05/06/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Enikka
Lvl 45: Iron Hawk over Spirit Bond (most of the time). Unless you're spending a long period of time below 100% health, the 10% damage reduction will be more benefit.

For soloing? Why not take the healing?
05/06/2015 06:18 PMPosted by Woopeisha
05/06/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Enikka

The answer to that is in the same sentence you quoted.
05/06/2015 06:30 PMPosted by Enikka
05/06/2015 06:18 PMPosted by Woopeisha

The answer to that is in the same sentence you quoted.

He says the boss is doing more damage than he can take, so I'd figure he's spending his time below 100% health...
Spirit bond is better than iron hawk when soloing. Especially when you're doing old content. The harder you're getting hit the more effective iron hawk is; if you're in old content you're not getting hit that hard.
The guy is level 89. He's getting hit hard.
Im not trying to be a smart A but go get a few levels and power through it. Reset is once a week on raids so you have more than enough time to get some more levels especially if you have heirlooms. When I did that at 90 I was in full pvp and sometimes I would die on the dragon boss from stepping in the MC.
Sorry dude but 384 at 90 is not decent gear...
Well as long as you're sorry...

PS: Barrage is way better than Glaive Toss.
05/09/2015 07:42 AMPosted by Kaming
Sorry dude but 384 at 90 is not decent gear...

Just saying though, the stat squish really mucked around with gear in the 80s-90s, i've found when levelnging some characters through that bracket i have pieces from jade forest being better stat wise then stuff from dread waste. That could explain his lower ilvl =)
The simple answer is this: just stop wasting time trying to do that stuff at level 90. Take that time, level to 100, which is not that much effort, and you'll thank yourself later when you find the ease with which you can solo is greatly increased.
This shouldn't be hard. Grab some Draenor greens at most so you can have around 496 but it shouldn't matter. I did it on my first try (no bragging) without even looking at a guide at 90.
This guy killed it the same day he made the post. So you can stop telling him to get better gear or level up to beat it.

Grats on your legendary bow