Ad-free launcher = goodbye Baj

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
The launcher is free from self-promoting YouTubers / Twitchers.

Blizzard took down that awful ad in response to player complaints.
Ah, yes, the community promotion has been taken down. It has been replaced with the WoW Token info page link.
How is that a self-promotion when Blizzard is promoting Baj?
Not sure why players are blaming the Twitch streamers.

Blizzard was the one that decided to put them there.
What a disgrace. No reason to lambaste them for that ad at all.
05/05/2015 08:31 AMPosted by Sebac

Did they SAY they took it down in response to player complaints?

We don't know why they took it down unless they said so.

You make it sound as if Bajeera put himself up on the launcher without Blizzard having a say in the matter.
05/05/2015 08:32 AMPosted by Doomclan
Ah, yes, the community promotion has been taken down. It has been replaced with the WoW Token info page link.

The WoW token information is actually useful. Baj's video was not.
They probably took it down because the weekend is over. But feel free to keep thinking that you flooded them with enough insane complaints.
Whats a Baj? Sounds dumb.
05/05/2015 08:37 AMPosted by Sebac

I'm actually a bit interested in why people think it's not useful to promote some community members. Nobody seemed to complain when Blizz was promoting (and still is, in a way, on the Starcraft tab) Carbot Animations. Why is this one worth complaining about when Carbot isn't?
05/05/2015 08:36 AMPosted by Huggywuggles

You make it sound as if Bajeera put himself up on the launcher without Blizzard having a say in the matter.

Nah, Bajeera hacked Blizz and put himself in the launcher. In usual Blizz style it just took them a week to fix the issue. The idea that Blizz approached Bajeera and asked him to make a video introducing himself and what he does so they could put that video in the launcher is absurd.

Funny thing is the token info is more of an advertisement and self promotion than the Baj video.

Who are you to say what is useful or not? And who is to say that the launcher always needs to have "useful" information? I thought it was nice seeing two faces that were familiar to the game up there. I don't even watch Twitch and I knew who both of them were. I thought it was a nice change of pace.

If you don't know about the WoW token by now you are living under a rock. Boring.
Are you mad that Baj is sponsored and makes a ton of money just by playing a video game? If you hate streamers so much, why did you even watch it? I didn't.

"BUY TOKEN PLZ!"
People actually look at what's on the launcher? I usually just look for the big 'PLAY' button and then I exit the launcher when the game comes up.
05/05/2015 08:42 AMPosted by Mikha
People actually look at what's on the launcher? I usually just look for the big 'PLAY' button and then I exit the launcher when the game comes up.

I'm one of those weirdos, just in case there's something useful on.

Then I learned we can launch the game from the .exe again (sometime ago, when I did that, it just launched the launcher anyways).
05/05/2015 08:36 AMPosted by Kurston

While I would never question the intent of why Blizzard does anything that it does, it seems reasonable to come to this conclusion. At any rate, Baj is gone and that is all that matters.
05/05/2015 08:50 AMPosted by Moochang
05/05/2015 08:36 AMPosted by Kurston

While I would never question the intent of why Blizzard does anything that it does, it seems reasonable to come to this conclusion. At any rate, Baj is gone and that is all that matters.

If it goes back up .. can we expect further conniptions?
I hope they put a new video up when his beard has graduated to epic dwarf beard, complete with bronze accessories.
05/05/2015 08:40 AMPosted by Doomclan

I'm actually a bit interested in why people think it's not useful to promote some community members. Nobody seemed to complain when Blizz was promoting (and still is, in a way, on the Starcraft tab) Carbot Animations. Why is this one worth complaining about when Carbot isn't?

They've tried promoting community for a while such as these

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18987375/community-spotlight-jandice-barov-by-tamplierpainter-5-1-2015

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18805479/community-spotlight-devlain-by-g-umlandt-4-17-2015