Ad-free launcher = goodbye Baj

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
Sebac, how does it feel to "win"?

I bet you must feel so great now that Blizz removed the Meet Bajheera and Warcraft Jen video, eh?
05/05/2015 08:31 AMPosted by Sebac
The launcher is free from self-promoting YouTubers / Twitchers.

Blizzard took down that awful ad in response to player complaints.

First, I don't think you know what an ad is.

Second, players here often talk about their favorite streamers. Many folks like watching other players they feel have something positive to say about one of their favorite hobbies. Normal people with all different kinds of hobbies often follow bloggers/streamers/writers who engage in their same hobby and talk about that. I don't know why you have decided that your personal preference is automatically everyone else's preference as well, but you're wrong.

Blizzard polled forumgoers about their favorite streamers and these are the folks that won. The video was put there because players asked for Blizzard acknowledgement of their favorite streamers, not the other way around.

So if you feel like an ad for an item in the Blizzard store is somehow better than a video from a community member many other community members like, that's your prerogative. But you need to understand that your ideas about this video have little to do with reality.

Next time don't click it if you don't care.

Blizzard took down that awful ad in response to player complaints.

Has it been taken down? Yes.

Was it because of player complaints? I don't think so.
Of all the things people complain about this one takes the cake as the most useless collection of whining.
05/05/2015 08:57 AMPosted by Veranolth
Sebac, how does it feel to "win"?

I bet you must feel so great now that Blizz removed the Meet Bajheera and Warcraft Jen video, eh?

If Bajheera promoted his YouTube / Twitter accounts in trade chat, that would be a violation of Blizzard's ToU agreement and he would be suspended, banned or have some other action taken against him.

Yes, I'm happy that Bajheera's self-promoting video is off the launcher. I have nothing against Bajheera or YouTubers / Twitchers in general, I just don't want to see their self-promotions in-game (or in the WoW launcher).
05/05/2015 09:03 AMPosted by Sebac
I have nothing against Bajheera or YouTubers / Twitchers in general, I just don't want to see their self-promotions in-game (or in the WoW launcher).

So you have nothing against Bahjeera or other YouTubers, you just don't want other people to find out about a video they might want to see just because you don't.

Got it.

[/quote]

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHT BAJ WHO IS ABLE TO HACK BLIZZARD ANF PUT HIMSELF ON THIER B.NET LAUNCHER!!! That SELF-promoting A-hole.

Gotta give it to him though, being able to hack into blizzard and put an add of himself on their launcher is pretty badazz.
Yes, I'm happy that Bajheera's self-promoting video is off the launcher

Again, I think you're missing the point. It wasn't and isn't 'self-promoting'. Blizzard, that company you give money to on a monthly basis, promoted HIM. Geeze. Is that so hard to grasp?!
05/05/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Zantasia
Of all the things people complain about this one takes the cake as the most useless collection of whining.

Agreed.
05/05/2015 09:05 AMPosted by Hippeaux
I have nothing against Bajheera or YouTubers / Twitchers in general, I just don't want to see their self-promotions in-game (or in the WoW launcher).

So you have nothing against Bahjeera or other YouTubers, you just don't want other people to find out about a video they might want to see just because you don't.

Got it.

Hippeaux, you are either Bajheer, Jen, or one of their fanboys (fangirls).

You can't seem to understand basic logic. Let me make it as simple for you as possible. Bajheer's launcher video was a self-promoting video that mainly helped him. His video didn't add anything to the game, it only promoted him. That is why so many people complained about the video and why it was taken down.

No need to respond, I'll just skip your comments.
It's depressing how easily Blizzard buckles to the tears of you children.
05/05/2015 09:09 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
Yes, I'm happy that Bajheera's self-promoting video is off the launcher

Again, I think you're missing the point. It wasn't and isn't 'self-promoting'. Blizzard, that company you give money to on a monthly basis, promoted HIM. Geeze. Is that so hard to grasp?!

Shhh, youre going to hurt his brain.
05/05/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Sebac
Hippeaux, you are either Bajheer, Jen, or one of their fanboys (fangirls).

You can't seem to understand basic logic. Let me make it as simple for you as possible. Bajheer's launcher video was a self-promoting video that mainly helped him. His video didn't add anything to the game, it only promoted him. That is why so many people complained about the video and why it was taken down.

No need to respond, I'll just skip your comments.

Do you have proof he was actually self-promoting? Did you at least watch the video to know what Bajheera and Jen were talking about?

And I think Hippeaux is a smart person who understands basic logic. Not sure about you though.
05/05/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Sebac
Bajheer's launcher video was a self-promoting video that mainly helped him. His video didn't add anything to the game, it only promoted him. That is why so many people complained about the video and why it was taken down.

Let me make it as simple for you as possible.

Blizzard is promoting him as a member of the community. I hear you saying you would rather they promote items from the store than people, but your preference is not everyone's preference. Other players who are not you do like streamers and want to see their videos.

There were not "so many" people complaining. That is something you invented in your own mind. There are a dozen or so folks who complained, and every one of those threads was far fuller of people saying they liked the video or just didn't care. You can assume everyone else has the exact same thoughts and preferences as you do, but that's not reality. Reality is that you're in the minority and that's okay. I hope that some day you, too, can learn to be okay with that reality.
This again...

Really?
I think folks be mad no matter what is put up there.
*Video of kittens playing with a red ball of yarn*
*Forums floaded*

"RED YARN!! Clearly horde favortism!!"
05/05/2015 09:17 AMPosted by Hippeaux
Blizzard is promoting him as a member of the community.

My 'community' doesn't include self promoting d-bags.
05/05/2015 09:18 AMPosted by Mikazaki
This again...

Really?

Yep. Sebac is probably doing a victory dance as we speak.
05/05/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Zantasia

I am going to remember this along with 'ghetto hearth removal killing WoW' as the dumbest things people got upset about.
05/05/2015 09:20 AMPosted by Pointyends
05/05/2015 09:17 AMPosted by Hippeaux
Blizzard is promoting him as a member of the community.

My 'community' doesn't include self promoting d-bags.

None of us get to choose who is and isn't part of the Warcraft community. We're all in it, for better or worse. : )