Ad-free launcher = goodbye Baj

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
If Bajheera had promoted his YouTube / Twitch channel in trade chat, it would be a violation of Blizzard's ToU agreement. His launcher video was a self-promoting ad. He couldn't have done in trade chat what he did in the launcher video. None of my detractors have been able to refute this point.

Baj's video was an ad. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

Baj's video is gone due in part to player complaints. What's on the launcher now, a video about WoW tokens which someone called "weeks old". Blizzard took down Baj's video and replaced it with "weeks old" content. No. Blizzard realized that Baj's launcher video was poorly implemented and took it down.

If a player promotes their YouTube / Twitch account in trade chat, I report them. They are banned, suspended, or have some other action taken against them. I check on multiple toons and that player's spam is gone. Don't believe me just watch.

Players that have a complaint about the game should also go to the "Submit Suggestion" section (in the help menu) and rationally explain their complaint. Good things like getting rid of a problem in the launcher, can happen.

Blizzard does highlight players in a way that is not intrusive. Look at their highlight of this player
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18987375/community-spotlight-jandice-barov-by-tamplierpainter-5-1-2015
Very interesting. Do I want to see his video in the launcher selling his artwork? No. That's not because I hate him or his art. I 'm not jealous. His profile is done well on Blizzard's website, nothing needs to be put in the launcher.

edited for grammar and pronouns
Did people seriously complain about that "ad"?

Jesus, people really do complain about completely optional crap and expect Blizzard to kiss their feet.

It wasn't an advertisement he threw up there himself, Blizzard put it up. Deal with it. I'm so tired of people whining about the smallest unimportant crap because it doesn't cater to them.

And besides, no harm in supporting the game's community. Its rather healthy, in my opinion.

05/05/2015 07:45 PMPosted by Sebac
self-promoting

It wasn't self-promoting. Blizzard put the video up in the launcher and promoted Jen and Bajheera. He himself did not put the video in the streamer. Not hard logic.

Furthermore, it isn't even that intrusive considering Carbots episodes have been shown in the Launcher News, such as Diablol's Pilot. Additionally, as others have pointed out, Blizzard promotes a plethora of artists on their website, launcher, and at Blizzcon via contests.

Its a promotion thrown up by Blizzard, not a self-promotion. Your rant is extremely frivolous in the fact that it is only a minor nuisance to a very small minority. When someone throws up signs saying "Hey, I have a yard sale next week! Come check it out!" I don't rage and go to the State Governer because someone was advertising themselves in public, more so I ignore it if I'm not interested.

Honestly, the "offense" people take today from the smallest crap is hilarious. Its an optional tidbit you didn't have to click on, and it easily unnoticeable unless you just sit there staring at the launcher all day instead of playing a game.
Ease up on the OP. He's 12.
05/05/2015 09:20 AMPosted by Pointyends
My 'community' doesn't include self promoting d-bags.

your playing wow "your community" absolutely includes self promoting dbags
05/05/2015 08:31 AMPosted by Sebac
The launcher is free from self-promoting YouTubers / Twitchers.

Blizzard took down that awful ad in response to player complaints.

It's clear what point you're trying to make, but it's based on an assumption that's false. Before it ever went live, Bajheera's video was set to cycle out of the launcher on Monday, May 4 at 10 a.m. PDT. It was always intended to be a weekend feature and I stated as much in a thread last Friday:

05/01/2015 07:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
And some weekends we might like to show what others in the community are doing. This is one of those weekends.

We also look forward to featuring more YouTube content from other members of the community in the near future. :)

Edit: To be honest I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.
While I did not like the video, it was hardly an ad. I think it was just how the video was introduced. I wonder if Blizzard did a whole "Introducing the Winner for Streamer of year as voted by Player" and had the video play. Or maybe doing a fancy Community Spotlight introduction, I don't think it would have gotten such a negative reaction.

If you really think about it, the video is not much different than Forging Gorehowl. Which also doubled as an ad for the company that made Gorehowl. Now I really did not like the content of the video and I have no idea why the girlfriend was even in it. And I thought they could have picked a better person or group of people to spotlight. That is before people reminded me that he was the winner of a Blizzard sponsored contest. So I let that go because it then made sense to me why he was picked.

It really was just a bad job of explaining why he was picked to spotlight. Good idea poor implementation is all this is a case of.
05/05/2015 08:12 PMPosted by Zarhym

When it comes to these forms, you ain't the only one who feels that way. :)

Answer this:
"If Bajheera had promoted his YouTube / Twitch channel in trade chat, it would be a violation of Blizzard's ToU agreement. His launcher video was a self-promoting ad. He couldn't have done in trade chat what he did in the launcher video. None of my detractors have been able to refute this point. "
You act like it was an ad on youtube that you're REQUIRED to watch unless you have an adblocker addon...you didn't have to click this "ad", I never even noticed it and the Play button was always ready to click on the launcher, the "ad" never delayed it.
05/05/2015 08:19 PMPosted by Sebac

Answer this:
"If Bajheera had promoted his YouTube / Twitch channel in trade chat, it would be a violation of Blizzard's ToU agreement. His launcher video was a self-promoting ad. He couldn't have done in trade chat what he did in the launcher video. None of my detractors have been able to refute this point. "

Dude, go to bed. Give it a rest.

Answer this:

You're correct, he couldn't have done that in trade without Blizzard's permission.
You're arguing apples and oranges, he couldn't have appeared on the launcher without Blizzard putting him there.

The weather is warm, the high horse you're on is dead and starting to stink,and no amount of kicking it will make it go any farther.
Who cares if he did or didn't do it in trade chat. Blizzard decided to put him on their launcher to promote him and show the community a player that is decent at pvp and the like. your argument is that if he was in trade chat promoting it it would be against the ToU, but that is irrelevant to this. he isn't in trade promoting himself blizzard is. Of course its a ad, if you like what you saw go check him out if not dont. Click on it or dont, you have free will do with it as you please.
05/05/2015 08:31 AMPosted by Sebac
The launcher is free from self-promoting YouTubers / Twitchers.

Blizzard took down that awful ad in response to player complaints.

It's clear what point you're trying to make, but it's based on an assumption that's false. Before it ever went live, Bajheera's video was set to cycle out of the launcher on Monday, May 4 at 10 a.m. PDT. It was always intended to be a weekend feature and I [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17259176351?page=7#121"] stated as much in a thread last Friday[/url]:

05/01/2015 07:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
And some weekends we might like to show what others in the community are doing. This is one of those weekends.

We also look forward to featuring more YouTube content from other members of the community in the near future. :)

If I wear a funny hat and speak in an exaggerated accent while streaming WoW will you feature me?
It amazes me how dumb people are that they cant tell the difference between an "ad" and a "community spotlight member".

Like seriously, are you guys really that dense?

Props to the blue for owning the OP and basically calling him unintelligent.

Edit: Btw, in case you werent aware, you dont have to use the launcher to launch any blizz games. I dont. I dont even have the thing installed. I just launch it straight from the directory it's located in.
Did Bajeera mol...t OP or something? Amount of butthurt is unending!
05/05/2015 08:29 PMPosted by Anomanderpur
Did Bajeera mol...t OP or something? Amount of butthurt is unending!
Bahjeera didn't do anything to the OP only to plant a seed of such pitiful pathetic jealousy that he has to try and make an issue out of nothing. It's honestly embarrassing how sad this person is. Also am not a bahjeera fan since I've never watched his content.

Answer this:

We decide what is shown on the launcher and Bajheera agreed to let us feature a video from him. It isn't very complicated.