Ad-free launcher = goodbye Baj

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 25 Next
05/05/2015 08:12 PMPosted by Zarhym
Edit: To be honest I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

OP is all sorts of jelly. That's about it.
oh my god people wtf is wrong with you all

literally complainig about anything and everything,cant u people shut up for once?
05/05/2015 08:58 PMPosted by Tiresias
05/05/2015 08:55 PMPosted by Jesterjoe
I still do not understand why there is so much hatred over one little advertisement.

It was not even an add. It was a spotlight.

True enough, and it's not even like Steam that keeps popping up telling me to buy random games whenever I go on that I don't even care for. I don't see people mad over that.
05/05/2015 08:44 PMPosted by Aehl
Zarhym, had the idea of a random player interview ever been bounced around?

I was watching Lore stream one night.

I said, "Hey, Lore. Sup"

He said, "Not much, leveling." And then he kept playing. And his cat laid on the desk.

This forum wildly over estimates what Twitch is about.
Cant help but feel that this is the fault of Blizzard's game philisophy of giving the entitled kids everything for free.

Lets face facts, that guy was of very very little interest to the majority of the community. I dont care who he is and he wasnt really great eye candy, eh?

But heres the thing. I never look at the launcher. Never have never will. And i bet my bottom dollar most of the people complaining never look at it. But suddenly, "one of them" is being featured and what kicks in?

Their selfishness.

"Why isnt that me there? Why does he deserve to be on the launcher and not me?" I guarantee is the response of most of the people complaining. The guy vanished and i didnt even realise, because now the complainers will go back to their entitled little world thinking they are special. Because these days, everyone is a winner, amirite :)
05/05/2015 09:01 PMPosted by Shrew
05/05/2015 08:44 PMPosted by Aehl
Zarhym, had the idea of a random player interview ever been bounced around?

I was watching Lore stream one night.

I said, "Hey, Lore. Sup"

He said, "Not much, leveling." And then he kept playing. And his cat laid on the desk.

lol
05/05/2015 08:31 AMPosted by Sebac
The launcher is free from self-promoting YouTubers / Twitchers.

YA! I hated waiting till the video was over so I could click the PLAY button!.................................................................................................................This post is a joke :D
05/05/2015 09:04 PMPosted by Oldix
Cant help but feel that this is the fault of Blizzard's game philisophy of giving the entitled kids everything for free.

TBH when I wake up and have a back ache, the first person I think about blaming is a CM or game dev.

In fact, my Sub was a little soggy the other night and I do not know how, but I am sure the team at Blizz had something to do with it.
05/05/2015 08:19 PMPosted by Sebac

Edit: To be honest I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

Answer this:
"If Bajheera had promoted his YouTube / Twitch channel in trade chat, it would be a violation of Blizzard's ToU agreement. His launcher video was a self-promoting ad. He couldn't have done in trade chat what he did in the launcher video. None of my detractors have been able to refute this point. "

People spamming their twitch videos in trade, if not actioned, would Swifty (nyuck, nyuck) get out of hand. I agree with your reporting them. This kind of self-promotion spam in a public chat channel lessens everyone's experience.

Highlighting a member of the community is common across a wide variety of businesses, and I have no problem with it being in the launcher. If the video had auto-played, it would be another matter and I would be first in line to complain. However, in its current implementation it was just a picture of a couple of mildly nerdy people unless you chose to click on it and turn them into a video of a couple of mildly nerdy people.
We also look forward to featuring more YouTube content from other members of the community in the near future. :)

WoWCrendor, Nobble87 are a couple that I enjoy watching.
I think what people are most upset about is the underlying hints of favouritism and possible nepotism. It's no secret that many well-known streamers are close with Blizzard higher ups. It's not so much that people are upset about advertising and shameless self-promotion for either Blizzard or the streamers in question.

At least this is what I've inferred.
05/05/2015 09:14 PMPosted by Saskea
I think what people are most upset about is the underlying hints of favouritism and possible nepotism. It's no secret that many well-known streamers are close with Blizzard higher ups. It's not so much that people are upset about advertising and shameless self-promotion for either Blizzard or the streamers in question.

You do realize he was not selected at random and was actually voted by us, the community.

He won the most votes so he got highlighted. It so normal to happen that all of the complaints in this thread are completely basis and only support the notion that the forums are nearly impossible to discern anything meaningful about the state of the game from.
all this over something u dont even HAVE to watch...
oh my god people wtf is wrong with you all

literally complaining about anything and everything,cant u people shut up for once?

YES this...so much this
05/05/2015 09:01 PMPosted by Shrew

That being said some streamers are VERY interactive, many make a point of responding to every single question they get in chat, sure they aren't those who have thousands of viewers but these are some of the top players in the game making themselves available to the community in their own time.
05/05/2015 09:20 PMPosted by Sampled
You do realize he was not selected at random and was actually voted by us, the community.

You're implying that a company as large as Blizzard doesn't know how to shill. Regardless, I stand by what I said. I still believe there is a high degree of shilling and nepotism involved. I'm willing to accept that I very well may be mistaken (I hope I am).
We also look forward to featuring more YouTube content from other members of the community in the near future. :)

If you're going to insist on dumping non-blizzard content on our desktops, please make use of the launcher 100% optional and allow us to patch otherwise.

I don't care if community members, streamers or developer's moms are featured. I just don't want it on my desktop.
I'm not going to look at 8 pages of replies but....wasn't it just a weekend thing that they were running the ad for?
Wait... there's stuff in the launcher besides the Play button?
05/05/2015 09:25 PMPosted by Saskea
05/05/2015 09:20 PMPosted by Sampled

You're implying that a company as large as Blizzard doesn't know how to shill. Regardless, I stand by what I said. I still believe there is a high degree of shilling and nepotism involved. I'm willing to accept that I very well may be mistaken (I hope I am).

So you think it was rigged?

O well. All meaningful discussion stops at this station.

I will say that life is shinier when you stop being concerned about what is or is not rigged. Not to mention that baj is a highly popular pvp streamer so it certainly doesn't seem like they would have to rig it. It's not like it was Lores nephew he is trying to get off his couch.