Reversing The Removal of Socialization In WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22
I don't think LFR is only to blame. I don't raid. I raided last expansion. i don't even do LFR and I have heard from some people that even LRF is having a hard time getting players to play because no one wants to do it. Raid...that is. If you could call LFR "raiding". I do not. Its the players. I blame myself and I blame others, because I am not excluded from this. People just don't care anymore, and because they don't care its hurting the game. People want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they don't want to work for it. People complain about changes, and when they get what they want they still are not happy. It is not a win-win situation right now and I don't know if it will ever be. I don't expect everyone to see things my way. I just hope things will turn around for the better. That's all.
. People want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they don't want to work for it.

I keep seeing this and I cant help but smile. No one in my entire time in WOW has ever "wanted everything handed to them on a silver platter"

Never heard it said, not once
EDIT: Re posted in a more appropriate thread.
I don't really think your recommendations will help much. I've made new friends (and hung out with friends/guildies I already knew) in LFD/LFR. We sometimes use the premade group tool as well, but being able to fill in any missing slots and zone in directly is frequently *good* for socializing and getting to spend time playing together.

I do agree that LFR (especially HM) and heroic dungeons are currently so easy that people barely need to interact and don't need to cooperate. I think that having at least one or two harder bosses encourages more cooperation. Garrosh/Naz in SoO, Durumu, Dark Animus and even the tougher trash like Gary the snail and the bridge witches in ToT, Garalon in HoF, etc. encouraged cooperation and taught people the mechanics but in a more forgiving environment.

Also, keep in mind that people can already use the premade group finder to fill groups for dungeons as well as raids. They can either choose to travel to the dungeon (or use the stone to summon), or use the LFD tool to port them there. I don't really see any advantage to removing the LFD tool instead of having the systems work together.
05/10/2015 04:33 PMPosted by Aehl
. People want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they don't want to work for it.

I keep seeing this and I cant help but smile. No one in my entire time in WOW has ever "wanted everything handed to them on a silver platter"

It's a figure of speech, not something to be taken literally you dunce.
OP is another nostalgia-blinded idiot peddling the same Luddite hate of new features that we've seen every since the LFX systems went live. Just this time it's under a slightly different coat of paint then usual
05/07/2015 03:46 PMPosted by Aehl
LFR has helped keep me sane in some very bad times.

Wtf...mindboggling.
Lmao OP thought he would get support with his ridiculous ideas.
05/07/2015 02:27 PMPosted by Woopeisha

1) Remove LFR
Blizzard, your numbers are lying to you. Just because LFR participation is high does not mean that it is a valued part of the WoW experience. WoW is an MMO and quite frankly LFR is not an MM experience. You join through a menu, you don’t need to speak with anyone and at the end the game arbitrarily decides whether or not to reward you with some poor loot. There is nothing multiplayer about looking at a potentially cool boss and then realizing that it has been dumbed down to the point where you have to have people actively trying to troll the raid in order to fail. Failure is fine, don’t treat everyone with kid gloves all the time and maybe they won’t get bored with the constant stream of instant gratification like they did this year.

Premade Group Finder on the other hand is a great tool. Remove LFR and let the LFG tool take its place. If you’re a casual player and you want to play the game on your own time and on your own terms, great! Sign up for one of the many runs available 24 hours a day and only commit the time that you feel that you can. LFG normal modes at least require you to have a social experience that is a lot closer to real raiding than the glorified single player experience that LFR is.

I get your perspective on a lack of social experience in this game, but this is just shooting WoW in the foot at this point. LFR is a staple in many casual players gametime and forcing them to do pre-made Normals will not work.. I'd dare say most of us LFR people don't want WoW to feel like a job, trying to coordinate random people in a community that is infamous for its toxicity. Sounds great on paper but it would harm the game very quickly imho.

Also, Wildstar is a perfect example of an MMO that tried to cater to a very niche crowd and tanked spectacularly. They listened to a small vocal crowd who in reality did not want to relive the old days of raiding, just remember it fondly with rose-tinted glasses.

I do wish there was some other effective solution. The storylines inevitably leads into raids and many of us want to be able to follow that and not feel left out so I don't know.
I give props to the OP for having a socially oriented solution that brings things like team spirit and good nature, as well as incentivizing the player base to not be total pricks to one another...

But these forums are dominated by the ez mode casuals or the elitist jerks who have no cause for positive social interactions with decent normal well adjusted people.

If you want loot but can't be bothered to have friends, LFR is right for you.

If you are a generally rotten jack hole of a person then pvp teams don't require you to be nice, just mean and good at being mean.

my proposal for fixing is to require a group to queue up for raids and matchmake groups into raid teams. Get rid of LFR difficulty all together. If you want to solo queue, you need to prove you can work in a team and are familiar with the content...so make a higher than usual item level requirement and a proving ground gold rating.

No one wants to group with you? Adjust your attitude. Say hello and gratz from time to time.

Now let's see how many people drop the hate on me for suggesting they program a reason to be nice into the game. I always love that bit of revealing irony
05/16/2015 07:27 PMPosted by Bovindicus

Now let's see how many people drop the hate on me for suggesting they program a reason to be nice into the game. I always love that bit of revealing irony

Well, I'm not hating you at least. Gameplay mechanics are a critical part on how player's behave, no doubt about it. That's why there needs to be some kind of rating system in place and perhaps a nice reward like a mount for people who get enough positive ratings over a period of time.
05/10/2015 04:33 PMPosted by Aehl

It's a figure of speech, not something to be taken literally you dunce.

People play the game to have fun. But people have different definitions of "fun". Clearly yours is very different from mine.

I never saw anybody demand to get free stuff. I see an awful lot of players mocking the imaginary masses who they like to think do so though. Kind of like you do.
It's cute that people still think there's a point to asking for LFR to be removed.
05/16/2015 07:39 PMPosted by Tuskadurid
I never saw anybody demand to get free stuff.

It is more of trying to take something away after giving it to them, like candy from a baby. (Not as easy as it is made to sound.) LFR is free epics. No one can dispute that. People are "crying like a baby that just got its candy taken away" if they take LFR and their free epics away. People were just fine trying to get the good gear prior to LFR being put in the game, why is it such a bad thing if it was taken out? Are people going to leave if it is? Maybe a few, but who cares? Blizzard obviously doesn't care about losing 3 million subs for no content. People who run LFR would just run other small group, easy access content.

Blizzard gave you a carrot on a stick, then handed you the carrot, and now can't seem to keep you wanting to get the carrot.
i don't think they need to completely remove LFR or LFD but many a long cool down of 3 days or a week for LFR
Doesn't even post on their main.

For shame, Woopei.
I don't care if they keep LFR, but the raid system shouldn't be the same content rehashed into 4 difficulties. It should be 4 different raids. Let the bottom one be an LFR intro raid. It can give the same welfare epics it does now, but have its own raid, its own difficulty.

Call me a special snowflake or whatever, but I want the awe that comes from killing an end boss that no LFR hero has seen.
Let the bottom one be an LFR intro raid. It can give the same welfare epics it does now, but have its own raid, its own difficulty.

If Blizzard had unlimited resources I'm sure they'd love to do this. But here in the real world they simply can't afford to. Although i wish they would do a bit more to differentiate between the various modes (giving each mode its own loot is a step in the right direction though).

And LFG normal mode pugs could not replace LFR entirely because of (a) a shortage of people willing to start groups and (b) current normal mode is probably tuned a little too hard for this. Of course LFR gets around this by auto-forming groups without a human leader and by being tuned easy (perhaps too easy at the moment, but thats another issue).
05/16/2015 08:31 PMPosted by Ironsaint
Call me a special snowflake or whatever, but I want the awe that comes from killing an end boss that no LFR hero has seen.

You're some piece of work, aren't you.
What an excellent and constructive thread this was. And 116 downvotes without being low rated. That shows I had some real support!