You need a fast response report type

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Just had (still have) four griefers in LFR from the same guild wiping the raid over and over (and I do mean over and over...) they pulled all the trash at start of raid to the instance entrance and no one can zone in. They die, immediately release and die again. There are 20ish other people wanting them to stop it so the mobs reset and we can get on with things but they won't.

Must have literally 100s of deaths each by now. It'd be a 10 second job for a GM to see what these idiots are doing and kick them (hopefully suspend them for a few days too). But even though a bunch of us ticketed them it's going to take so long to action that every "normal" player in the raid has quit.

I know it's against the terms of service but these guys really need to be named and shamed so they stop pulling stupid stuff like this :(
Wow... to make things even better, one of the people doing it was the GM of the guild.
05/17/2015 11:06 PMPosted by Carnacki
It'd be a 10 second job

Multiplied by hundreds of instances and such..

Would you be happy to see an increase in subscription costs to support the sheer number of additional staff needed?

Report them, put them on ignore - you'll never group with them again, and go about your business.

05/17/2015 11:06 PMPosted by Carnacki
I know it's against the terms of service but these guys really need to be named and shamed

Lynch mob mentality?
There is a fast response type, but that's for emergencies only.
No one said lynch mob, not like I want to kill them but maybe if people saw that they were reviled by most players they'd clean up their act. It'd be nice if people didn't just automatically assume they could get away with it. When you have people frapsing bad behaviour it's pretty good proof, not just hearsay.

There shouldn't be hundred of instances, certainly not per day. This is the first *really* bad behaviour I've seen in LFR for a long time. It normally self-regulates where you can kick people who are being idiots, but it wasn't possible in this instance.

I'd even be happy to see some sort of anti-abuse measures brought in to ensure people didn't abuse a fast response type mechanism. eg: Too many false positives and you lose your reporting privilege for a period of time (that increases each time you lose it) - that'd cover someone reporting something "bad" but not "really bad". Deliberate abuse of the reporting mechanic (reporting someone when there is nothing bad happening) could get you a harsher penalty.

edit: Incidentally, I did report them (pretty sure I said that first post) and ignored them. So did a bunch of other ppl in the LFR. But it doesn't alter the fact that between 40-50 people had a negative experience because of those four.
05/17/2015 11:59 PMPosted by Seiryu
There is a fast response type, but that's for emergencies only.

Disrupting LFR is not a emergency. Like others said put the person on ignore and leave and move on.
Blizzard does not intervene in these situations. It's a social issue and has a social solution (vote to kick, ignore, etc). So even if there were a "fast response" ticket, it wouldn't do any good.

In fact there IS a fast response ticket: if your character is stuck/unplayable. Those are prioritized.
I agree disrupting LFR isn't an emergency. To prevent this, why not make it so that no one can zone in during combat, not just boss fights?
05/18/2015 01:54 PMPosted by Kärd
I agree disrupting LFR isn't an emergency. To prevent this, why not make it so that no one can zone in during combat, not just boss fights?

If your having this kind of problem try to figure out who is doing it and put them on ignore and leave. You will never be in a LFR or dungeon with them again as the system does not match you with people you have on ignore.

Even if they did respond right away there is nothing they would do since what they are doing is not a vilation of policy.
Use the tools, put suggestions in General or another appropriate forum like Raids, and hope for the best. I actually had a GM respond to an harassment ticket during AV and pounce on the perps after he told me to put them on ignore. It was a thing of beauty. That was either Classic or BC, but those days are gone. People who PUG are braver than I.

GL
Put them on ignore, then leave the group.

Re-queue for another LFR group.

Anyone on your ignore list will never be grouped with you in a random LFR or dungeon.

Anyone on your ignore list will never be grouped with you in a random LFR or dungeon.
4 minutes ago
Reply Quote

Plus the more that do this you will make there que time go up and up and up!
05/18/2015 03:59 PMPosted by Aarschott

After your 30 minute deserter debuff expires, of course!
And that's the problem. The only way out was to basically wait for them to get bored or to wear another hour+ wait to get into another LFR.

@Vralok: Except in this situation the social tools don't work. We weren't able to vote them out.

@Kard: That solves this problem but raises other ones. Normally I'd be happy zoning into LFR while trash combat is happening because most times its actual combat, not a few people deliberately wasting the raid's time. Often trash is pulled with a few people missing and by the time you get to the boss the missing spots are filled.

If we're talking alternate solutions then maybe some sort of death timer. I'm not kidding when I say they had hundreds of deaths, they were literally dying and releasing and getting one shot over and over (some people thought they must have been bots). So add a deaths/minute type check. If you die 10 times in a minute you're booted.
I mean, anyone doing this on a consistent basis (or even once for a really long period of time as the OP says) would get MINIMUM banned for a few days, most likely a week or possibly a perma if that wasn't their first offense.

So... that's a pretty big deterrent by itself.