The original Dev's.

General Discussion
I'm sure some of you know, or unaware what I'm talking about. However, I was curious if Rob Pardo, Jeffrey Kaplan, and Alex Afrasiabi. Have ever considered about coming back and working for Blizzard again? - Working on World of Warcraft.

Perhaps maybe they could finish the beautiful piece of work they have here. World of warcraft, that they philosophized and created. They made burning crusade and Wrath of the Lich king fun, and had a great idea about the game. "Casual." I'm just curious what would those dev's would have done differently if they were ever to return.

I guess if you want more info on these guys here ya go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
*original devs show up for day one back at work*

Whoa, you can fly in Azeroth? LoL... not anymore, we are taking that ridiculous thing away. And you can level to max in a matter of days? Oh hell no, we want that to last a few weeks if not a couple of months... they can kill boars if they need to.

And what the hell is this dungeon finder thing? Get rid of that... these players will walk to the dungeons and spam chat to find a group.

Oh, and it's about time we raise sub prices.
Both Rob Pardo and Alex Afrasiabi worked on warlords.

Why are you linking a thread from 3 years ago.
05/08/2015 09:59 AMPosted by Sabod

nah I heard rob pardo quit. I thought alex did to.
ALL 3 of these geniuses no longer work on WoW and now focus all their efforts on the new upcoming unannounced mmo "Titan".

Great job, guys. Wasn't this the original "raid or die" trio? Not sure if we need more of that at this point.
05/08/2015 10:00 AMPosted by Cluck

After Warlords was nearly finished. He is correct that they worked on it. GC did too.
I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Kaplan is in charge of the Overwatch project.

He left a few months before warlords shipped.

Afrasiabi posted a bit in the garrisons part of the beta forums.
I dunno. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I think something happened in the higher echelons of the wow team and it caused a scramble to just finish and release whatever they had. Its why wod is in such a sorry state.

You heard wrong, they are both in the credits.
Didn't the guy in charge of vanilla, I can't remember his name, say that wow has become too easy and casual?
05/08/2015 10:06 AMPosted by Drakken
Didn't the guy in charge of vanilla, I can't remember his name, say that wow has become too easy and casual?

That would be a rather ironic quote as that's exactly what vanilla WOW was vs the other MMOs of the time.
05/08/2015 10:07 AMPosted by Shimmery
05/08/2015 10:06 AMPosted by Drakken

That would be a rather ironic quote as that's exactly what vanilla WOW was vs the other MMOs of the time.

Actually, I think he said MMORPGs in general have gotten too easy, not just wow.
05/08/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Hippeaux

After Warlords was nearly finished. He is correct that they worked on it. GC did too.

Titan was just canceled also when Rob pardo quit. That pretty much means he probably wasn't even working on WoD that long.
05/08/2015 10:05 AMPosted by Groovyman
I dunno. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I think something happened in the higher echelons of the wow team and it caused a scramble to just finish and release whatever they had. Its why wod is in such a sorry state.

This sounds about right, the people who had a passion for the game they helped bring to life, are gone, for reasons only they know. Imagine if JK Rowling suddenly just quit a Harry Potter book right in the early part of the book, just walks out, someone has to finish that book, will they be as good as she was, most likely not, she created all those characters and gave them all life, a writer who just got hired to finish such a book would not have that passion and love for the characters like her, and it would show.
05/08/2015 10:15 AMPosted by Ôlesia
05/08/2015 10:05 AMPosted by Groovyman

This sounds about right, the people who had a passion for the game they helped bring to life, are gone, for reasons only they know. Imagine if JK Rowling suddenly just quit a Harry Potter book right in the early part of the book, just walks out, someone has to finish that book, will they be as good as she was, most likely not, she created all those characters and gave them all life, a writer who just got hired to finish such a book would not have that passion and love for the characters like her, and it would show.

That's what I was just trying to point out as well. Sure, you could always replace someone who shares the same passion.

However, they still are not that original guy who made it.

05/08/2015 10:03 AMPosted by Sabod

He left a few months before warlords shipped.

Afrasiabi posted a bit in the garrisons part of the beta forums.

yeah, I was just curious if Rob pardo ever tends to come back. The guy does some really good work.

05/08/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Melaroi
I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Kaplan is in charge of the Overwatch project.

I just looked that up to confirm. However, does jeffrey kaplan ever plan on returning to WoW?
I know at least in Kaplan's case he's a top dev on Overwatch now, so probably not in his case.
Some wen to Riot too.