Basic Recruitment Etiquette + Post Template

Guild Recruitment
Prev 1 14 15 16
LMFAO Campaign to unsticky. Sureeee
amundruid/boomkin.
has Aotc for killin heroic xavuis was a 13/13M boomkin last xpac. took a break around last few months of wod due to work and for that same reason I'm finding it very hard to make my current guilds raid time. I would like to progress threw mythic, my current guild is 1/7M
I am looking for horde guild preferably that raids later at night. 3 to 5 days a week. start time 10pm Pacific would be great for me, on weekends i can make basically any raid time those are my days off.
if anyone is interested let me know maybe I can do a trial in heroic or something so you can see my damage first.
To All: Just created a new Hydra Guild - we need members!! Mainly PVP for now, will raid in the future.
Server: Rivendare
GM: VANQUISH#1858

Battlegroup Connected Servers:
Antonidas
Borean Tundra
Cairne
Drak'Tharon
Drenden
Farstriders
Garrosh
Hydraxis
Mok'Nathal
Moon Guard
Nazgrel
Nesingwary
Nordrassil
Quel'dorei
Rivendare
Shandris
Tortheldrin
Wyrmrest Accord
Hi guys,

Friendly reminder that this thread/sticky is not for posting guild spam or searching for a guild. It is intended to help you create your own post within these forums.

Thanks!
854 prot warrior looking for progression guild. I want to start raiding heroic and up, i am pst timezone and free everyday after 3 and most weekends.
05/11/2015 03:56 PMPosted by Pravix
Here are some tips for getting your recruitment post noticed and cutting through a lot of the spam to find your right fit.

Copy & paste this template to your post if you're looking for a guild.
Explanation of each field follows. Additionally, listing your class/spec, progression, and a brief description of what you're looking for in the subject/title line of your post will expedite this process for recruiters.

1. Times available & time zone:
2. Server preference:
3. Faction preference:
4. Hardcore/semi-hardcore/casual:
5. Current progression/experience:
6. Recent logs (if available):
7. Contact info:
8. Anything else:

1. Times/time zones! Remember to post what times you are available, any times you are not available, or if your schedule is flexible at all. Too many times people post, "I need a guild that can work with my schedule," and then never bother to post their availability! Include your time zone as well.

2. Server preference: PvE, PvP, or RP? Is this 100% set in stone, or are you flexible? If you're not willing to transfer off-server, you should probably be posting on your realm-specific forum.

3. Faction preference: Alliance or Horde? Any flexibility? This means you too, Doubleagent!

4. Hardcore/Semi-hardcore/casual: Are you wanting to raid seven days a week, eight hours a day with only bio breaks every two hours? Or do you need something more laid back, but still efficient? Or do you just want to sign on every other week or so?

5. Current progression/experience: Are you brand new to the game and have no idea what BoE means? Or have you been through multiple tiers and are just coming back to the game? Adding these details will help recruiters narrow down potential applicants and increase your chances of finding a good fit. Because the majority of this forum is populated by raiders, giving more details on what you are currently doing to improve your gear/play style will help sell a recruiter on a person who may not have quite as much experience or gear as the recruiter initially wanted.

6. If you are trying to go hardcore/semi-hardcore and have recent parses, link them! Why bother accepting and declining a million Btag requests just for them to ask for this basic info?

7. Contact info: Do you prefer guilds to respond within your thread, to an email address, or by adding your Btag? This will also help you narrow down guild choices if a cut and paste spammer chooses to ignore your preference!

7. UPDATE YOUR POST: If you do happen to find a home (yay you!), please do the forums a favor and update your original post to reflect your transferred/new guild status. Old/necro'd threads getting bumped by spam wastes everyone's time.

8. If it's not going to work out or you change your mind, simply say so. Recruiters are often only recruiting for one or two positions and may decline others if you accept an offer. If you vanish (delete/transfer) without a trace, they're left wondering if they still need to hold the spot. In the meantime, other applicants may have moved on and now the recruiter is back to square one, except now more frustrated and fed up. Recruiters will appreciate the few seconds it takes to shoot them a note before you peace out.

8 a. Additionally, if someone adds your BattleTag and you can tell fairly early on that it's not going to work out, a simple, "Thanks, but I'm not interested," before removing them from your list makes everyone's life a little easier.

TL;DR: It doesn't have to be a novel, but a little effort (and politeness) on both sides goes a long way. Cheers!

** Want to know if you're the victim of a drive by spray-and-pray spammer? Click the yellow down arrow by the character name on the left hand side of the post box, then click 'View Posts' -- it's a quick, simple way to see if someone took the time to tailor their message to your post (i.e. s/he actually read it) versus copy pasta. **

If you have any feedback on this post or have recruiting questions, please feel free to add my Btag, Riot#1851.
Facebookmeme, Demo lock

894 equipped

1. Times available & time zone: Preferably want to start after 10pm PST.

2. Server preference: Strongly prefer high-pop PvP servers, but not set in stone.

3. Faction preference: Either

4. Hardcore/semi-hardcore/casual: Prefer either hardcore or semi-hardcore.

5. Current progression/experience: 10/10N, 10/10H, 2/10M

6. Recent logs (if available): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22410157/latest

7. Contact info: Invertex#11470

8. Anything else: Ideally want to raid more than 10hr/week, late night as well.
a better set or search parameters would be useful, i.e. posts in a certain amount of time, when someone is posting looking for a guild maybe allowing them some boxes to check like

class: Priest
spec: disc
offspec: shadow
ilvl: 900

however many boxes, so when we guilds are looking for specific people we can search through for those parameters and only see those posts we need to see. maybe also allowing the guilds looking for people to have boxes to check as well so a guild looking for a deathknight, mage, disc priest, etc... would check those boxes as well as boxes for their current progression this way if a Deathknight is looking for a guild 2/10M or better he can narrow the search for those guilds in a certain progression that checked the deathknight box 2/10m... this would also help with people bumping posts.
Personally, I wish this were two forums, looking for guild and looking for people, because I imagine most users are either one OR the other...
03/08/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Jiñx
a better set or search parameters would be useful, i.e. posts in a certain amount of time, when someone is posting looking for a guild maybe allowing them some boxes to check like

class: Priest
spec: disc
offspec: shadow
ilvl: 900

however many boxes, so when we guilds are looking for specific people we can search through for those parameters and only see those posts we need to see. maybe also allowing the guilds looking for people to have boxes to check as well so a guild looking for a deathknight, mage, disc priest, etc... would check those boxes as well as boxes for their current progression this way if a Deathknight is looking for a guild 2/10M or better he can narrow the search for those guilds in a certain progression that checked the deathknight box 2/10m... this would also help with people bumping posts.

I'll agree with you there, a search function and parameters would be infinitely more useful. Alas, I have a feeling Blizzard has bigger fish to fry at the moment (or burn, if Nomi is involved). :)
Give the damn thing a Stickey. '-'
110 Blood Elf Demon Hunter Ilvl 866
Tichondrius-US

looking for guild for raiding and mythic+ dungeon.
Willing to learn, online everyday and mostly on weakened.
Thanks .
I miss you, Pravix :<