No more Pure DPS

General Discussion
There are 4 classes that can only DPS. That's boring, so here are some specs to fix that.

Hunter: Melee hunters like Rexxar, for tanking.

Mage: Psionic healers, heal people with your mind

Rouge: Bards, lose dual wielding, gain musical heals and the ability to poison other peoples weapons.

Warlock: Demon Hunters, for tanking, instead of summoning demons they gain demonic auras that give them more defense and buffs related to the demon in question. They get dual wielding, and all spells are brought down to melee range.

Add them, or replace the specs that no one uses, ether way, it gives those classes the ability to chose roles other than DPS.
yeah .. have you heard a blood elf sing? I sound like Kesha D:
05/10/2015 11:59 AMPosted by Phlynch
Warlock: Demon Hunters, instead of summoning demons they gain demonic auras that give them more defense and buffs related to the demon in question. They get dual wielding, and all spells are brought down to melee range.

So Demo, but restricted to melee range?
05/10/2015 12:38 PMPosted by Vaylene

Can't be worse that undead singing.

05/10/2015 12:41 PMPosted by Woopeisha
So Demo, but restricted to melee range?

With defense buffs and tanking, yes.
05/10/2015 12:42 PMPosted by Phlynch
With defense buffs

Meta does give defensive buffs
Why did you pick a pure dps class if you didn't want to play one?
05/10/2015 12:45 PMPosted by Ziryus
Why did you pick a pure dps class if you didn't want to play one?

because with stealth, i only have to kill the guy causing the problem, not every one between point A and point B.
05/10/2015 12:38 PMPosted by Vaylene

B!tch please!
I'd actually love for Warlocks to have a hybrid healing spec. The motif would be blood or sacrifice-related, dealing damage while using the life force of your target, pet, and possibly even yourself to keep others healed.
Long story short: Giving people the ability to heal/tank will not increase the amount of heal/tanks available.
That hunter tank sounded bad.

Dps:"HUNTER! HOLD THE BOSS STILL!!"
Me:"CANT,ITS MY CLASS MECHANICS"
I'd prefer melee hunters in the sense of Rexxar.

Also, Mages just need time magic for healing "undo wounds" etc

I'd love to see Demon Hunter tanking for Warlocks
If they get a 4th spec, I get a tanking spec. Thanks.
05/10/2015 11:59 AMPosted by Phlynch
Mage: Psionic healers, heal people with your mind

I love how you put emphasis here.
I don't think there's anything wrong with there being pure DPS classes. Some people don't want to be put in the position to be pressured into a more difficult role simply because their class can perform it(I've had to heal on my Druid when my group was short on healers, even though I dislike raid healing).

However, adding specs to existing classes sounds like a good way to spice things up.
Earthwarder Shaman - tanking shaman, using a shield a 2H weapon.
Chronomancer Mage - healing mage.
Demon Hunter Warlock - tanking or melee DPS warlock without a pet that dual-wields swords and daggers.
Necromancer Death Knight - ranged DPS DK which uses more undead minions and casts spells.
Warscout Hunter - melee DPS hunter without a pet that stealths and buffs allies.
Cranedancer Monk - healing monk using Chi-ji related abilities(replacing current Mistweaver).
Mistweaver Monk - ranged DPS monk using Yu'lon related abilities.

Also, racial-themed augments to classes would be nice, like changing the color of the Light wielded by tauren, blood elf, and draenei paladins, and tauren and night elf priests; troll and Forsaken priests healing made to look like Shadow.
Hunters used to be able to see through their pets eyes and walk around as the pet... Perhaps a BM ability that lets us do this again, only with a full suite of tanking abilities? I'd like that better than a melee hunter.

Warlocks can get a new Metamorphosis form I suppose.
A hunter tank would be better served by an ability that puts the hunter in control of the pet instead of their character, flipping around the usual player/minion setup. Have a big pile of abilities that only work when you're in control of the creature. Kiting as a method for tanking wouldn't go over well with melee DPS.
05/10/2015 01:03 PMPosted by Alvaewen
melee DPS hunter without a pet that stealths

So a mail-wearing rogue.
Demon Hunters are not Warlocks.

Demon Hunters have always been Rogues.

Finally, Rogues shouldn't heal but should be Evasion-based tanks. There was a time when a suitably geared Rogue could pop Evasion and tank temporarily so that the Druid could Rebirth the tank. I have done it before, back in the bad old days of Molten Chore.