What Class beats us 9/10

Hunter
Just curious what classes give us the hardest time in PvP

For me I know Ret pally, and DK.

What classes do you think beat us 9 out of 10 times and why?
The only one I can say I've really had "problems" with beating is a Blood Dk, every other class is fair game unless they out gear me immensely
05/15/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Allergic
The only one I can say I've really had "problems" with beating is a Blood Dk, every other class is fair game unless they out gear me immensely

ret pally don't give you a run for the money?
I think equal gear and equal skill Boomies beat us.
Most commonly regarded as the toughest for Hunters are Boomkins, ferals, ret pallies, debatably DKs, and sometimes Warlocks.
Boomkin
DK's, Frost Mages and Rogues can beat a Hunter if they are better than the Hunter, SPriests and Locks are good because of the DOT issue, Druids in general, I just run. I'm more of a World PvP guy and I'm having to play less a lot lately so take this with a grain of salt.
i mean ret are ez pz just need to kite them bloodspec dk,boomkin, feral with another team mate are all hard even monk when they are skilled the rest is ez depend of the situation ur skills and gears
As SV, boomy and spriest.
05/15/2015 06:13 AMPosted by Haminthetrap
05/15/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Allergic

ret pally don't give you a run for the money?

I actually find ret pallys one of the easier classes to beat, I guess if I had to choose it'd be a good Rogue
the hardest imo will be Druids, Frost Dks, and Afflic Locks. The locks being the easier of the 3, but so damn annoying. Ret pallies are all about the wings. CC when they wing, frost trap or frozen arrow. Dispel HoF if lucky, daze stuns and disengage or deterrence not to mention Frozen shot. Of all the melee classes they are the easiest to kite.

Oh and of course RNG.
Any class if played well. Its not about what class counters which class, but more so the skill of the person behind the class. In general, for me, when I play my hunter, ranged classes are more difficult to deal with than melee. Of course, good melee classes can destroy me. I'm not pro, but I'd say average. I have been playing hunter since Vanilla, but quit during Cata. Based on personal experiences, the only class that I would actually be hesitant on fighting would be another hunter, besides other ranged classes.
Looks like there's no disagreement on warrior lol.
Its not about what class counters which class, but more so the skill of the person behind the class.

When the question is posed as it is you should probably assume equal skill between the players. This game is and always has been very rock/paper/scissors oriented. So to say it's all about skill is pretty laughable when the outplay potential this game has is at an all time low.
05/18/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Bredren
Its not about what class counters which class, but more so the skill of the person behind the class.

When the question is posed as it is you should probably assume equal skill between the players. This game is and always has been very rock/paper/scissors oriented. So to say it's all about skill is pretty laughable when the outplay potential this game has is at an all time low.

If anyone thinks this game isn't rock-paper-scissors oriented they should take a look at Windwalker vs Hunter this expansion.
05/19/2015 12:07 AMPosted by Uther
If anyone thinks this game isn't rock-paper-scissors oriented they should take a look at Windwalker vs Hunter this expansion.

Mage vs Hunter....if you lose to a mage as a hunter you're so bad

Same with Rogues
All depend on RNG for mage vs hunters and spec. While I win against most of my encounters against them, sometimes their RNG is too great. Three 30k instant cast crits in a row plus other anoyances. RNG is a a factor when fighting mages and their annoying images.
the hardest ones for a hunter will be Aff Lock and Boomkin - boomkin is tanky with a ton of instants from procs and surges and dots eating you during deterrence, and a smart lock will basically just throw dark soul full dots on you and you die.

On my lock i'd go, dark soul, full dots, soulburn haunt and then soulburn port and run away with no way to slow me down (if I really want to kite and avoid damage) or you can just juke the interrupt with a fear (pretty easy, or just eat it after dots are up) and then drain tank, you will heal enough to outlive their burst use defensive cds during crows

and in 6.2 aff locks are going to demolish hunters
I find that I beat Hunters most often on my Boomkin and Ret Paladin.

Just too much burst/self healing/too many ways to ignore being kited.

Before they nerfed the ridiculous Conversion build for Frost DKs, I could beat them fairly regularly on my DK as well. Just Death Strike their pet over and over again while getting kited, Converting all of the Runic Power from DS and slows into health. I haven't played my DK much lately, so I am unsure if I could beat one with a different build.

They wreck me on my Warrior, so I just cower in fear when I see one coming.

My Rogue is not level cap, so I have no idea there.

They destroy my Mage, too, but I don't play my Mage often, so it could just be something I am doing wrong.

Finally, my Affliction Warlock (with the Life Drain build) seems to do well vs them. Just get the DoTs rolling and then spend the rest of the time healing up with Drain Life, making sure to juke them whenever their interrupt is off CD.
Balance Druids, Shadow Priests and Warlocks are the hardest to deal with for me. Off heals, damage, defensive cooldowns and instant casts make it a nightmare.