@Day [An Object Near You]

Warrior
Prev 1 4 5 6 25 Next
We're at over 100 wipes on Mythic Gruul now. Honestly, I think I'm done. It's starting to get exhausting wiping this much. Normally I'd be diving into logs to figure things out, but I really just don't care anymore. If we don't kill him tomorrow I think I'm gonna go ahead and just cancel my sub. I know HFC is coming out soon but it just doesn't have me interested. This expac has just been a bust.

In non-WoW related news, started playing Witcher 3. Decided to get it on PC. Man the game is beautiful. I can run it on mostly High and still get 60 FPS most of the time. Combat is taking some getting used to but the game is fun to play. I don't know if it's OMG best game ever like Gamespot was hyping it up to be, but it is quite good. I just wish I was able to play through the first 2 so I could have more of an attachment to the characters.
05/20/2015 11:15 AMPosted by Arterius
We're at over 100 wipes on Mythic Gruul now.

I broke 200 on Heroic Dark Animus in ToT. Worst fight ever.

Also, apparently posts counts were a mistake and are being removed again on Thursday.
05/20/2015 12:06 PMPosted by Aiyanna
I broke 200 on Heroic Dark Animus in ToT. Worst fight ever.

Also, apparently posts counts were a mistake and are being removed again on Thursday.

I had 400 on Garrosh by the end of it all

and I think they should leave the post count.
Blackhand-related stress had me dangerously close to a micdrop on this game before I saw item changes for 6.2 like big-swing secondaries and iLevel ramp. I'm so stoked I'm writing that I'm "stoked."
05/20/2015 02:50 PMPosted by Aedilhild
Blackhand-related stress had me dangerously close to a micdrop on this game before I saw item changes for 6.2 like big-swing secondaries and iLevel ramp. I'm so stoked I'm writing that I'm "stoked."

what?

edit: Just read the watercooler. It looks like something I'd be way more excited about a year ago. I just can't get invested at this point. Too burnt to care til they give me a spec I want to play.
Holy hell. I just went 12-0 in Hearthstone arena. Max amount of wins with no losses, thats incredible. My deck was INSANE though.

The list if anyone is curious:

http://i.imgur.com/Cg9u6Oq.png

+2 Flamestrikes that I couldn't fit into the screenshot.
05/20/2015 03:11 PMPosted by Secondwind
edit: Just read the watercooler. It looks like something I'd be way more excited about a year ago. I just can't get invested at this point. Too burnt to care til they give me a spec I want to play.

But, hey, why not Whirlwind?
What is the best class to play in Hearthstone with just the basic cards? I've been futzing around again since it is on phones now, but my win/loss ratio is pretty abhorrent. I've been mostly playing Warrior and Paladin, and seem to get wrecked constantly by opponents that have better minion control than me.
Mage is probably the best to play straight off the bat. Or if you have some dust/money to spare you can craft a face hunter deck, which is considered cancer, but it wins quite a bit.

If you're just starting off and want to look more into the game (and haven't really played a CCG (collectible card game) before i'd suggest this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjtRokhpvM&list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

While he can be really cringeworthy sometimes, Trump is one of the most knowledgable players in the entire game. He also has a series where he goes free to play and creates decks with basic cards, which is usually going to be the best cards with the basic set. Although he improves on them as he plays through the series you can take the basic deck and pretty much make very similar additions.

Hit me up if you want to know more, I play quite often.

E: Thinking back on it, I'm REALLLLLY glad I started playing in Beta. Having to start fresh now would be incredibly more difficult considering the length of time it takes to get a decent collection. I've been playing since it was released, and even after spending probably like $140 on packs I an still missing 100/683 (14.6%) cards. Although a majority of those are cards that never have, or never will see play, like Nozdormu or Secret Keeper. There's only 24 more cards that I'm looking for. (Generally, they're ones that see play currently, or are in fun, niche decks) Considering that many people have access to a lot more cards than a player that is just starting, it'll be pretty hard to climb the ladder in Ranked Mode or farm gold in Casual Mode.

If you're looking to up your collection quickly, the Arena is the fastest way to do so. (If you can manage an average of about 4 wins, which might be hard for a new player). It costs 150 gold to get in, ALWAYS rewards a pack, and your rewards can go up and up the more wins you get, up till 12. It can reward more gold, arcane dust for crafting, more than one pack, or cards/golden cards. There's a lot of websites out there to help you pick your cards in Arena, Heartharena.com is a good one that can help you with your picks, tracks wins and losses and your rewards.

Holy wall of text.
In about 14 hours, I will be in Canada.
05/20/2015 04:29 PMPosted by Aiyanna
While he can be really cringeworthy sometimes
YOU MEAN ALL THE TIME. YISS.

Where would the budding Hearthstone esports scene be without a cuddly awkward asian kid leading it?

Seriously though Hearthstone is really unforgiving for new players, I have no idea how anyone got into it/is getting into it after GvG came out.
Having to start fresh now would be incredibly more difficult considering the length of time it takes to get a decent collection

I have friends that complain that their collections suck and they ask me how I've invested almost no money into Hearthstone and have several Solid Decks.

I simply tell them getting into Beta and having a great understanding of CCGs (Yay Magic!) and tempo made it really easy to excel at the game and arena and such.

05/20/2015 05:43 PMPosted by Kangarooster
Seriously though Hearthstone is really unforgiving for new players, I have no idea how anyone got into it/is getting into it after GvG came out.

They probably need to take the approach like MtG or Pokemon TCG does, and ban out other sets for a rotating format, while keeping an eternal format for players who want to hold on to their collections.
05/20/2015 04:04 PMPosted by Aiyanna
Holy hell. I just went 12-0 in Hearthstone arena. Max amount of wins with no losses, thats incredible. My deck was INSANE though.

Wow, that was some great pulls.

Mage still the way to go? I have not arena-ed in a while.
Oh hey, Mythic Highmaul achieves. Nifty. Didn't get the Brack belt for transmog though so that sucks. Highmaul caches are basically my only hope.
I still need the Brackenspore achievement.

:(
05/20/2015 04:04 PMPosted by Aiyanna

Grats. That your first 12-0? I've done it twice, both with Druid. Have gotten 12 a bunch of other times though. I thought I had a legit shot at 12 today, started a Pally at 10-1 but lost two in a row. Wasn't a great deck though.

Regarding the basic decks question, yeah Mage is the best. Their best cards are pretty much all common. And you only need a few GVG cards to play Tempo Mage(one of the best decks right now). Warlock is good too as you can easily play Zoo but you'd need a few rares to really pull it off properly.
05/20/2015 09:05 PMPosted by Arterius
Regarding the basic decks question, yeah Mage is the best. Their best cards are pretty much all common. And you only need a few GVG cards to play Tempo Mage(one of the best decks right now). Warlock is good too as you can easily play Zoo but you'd need a few rares to really pull it off properly.

Grim Patron Warrior is pretty cheap too if you're willing to just buy into BRM.

05/20/2015 08:08 PMPosted by Samayaell
I still need the Brackenspore achievement.

:(

The gear advantage is hilarious in here, man.
Mage is probably the best to play straight off the bat. Or if you have some dust/money to spare you can craft a face hunter deck, which is considered cancer, but it wins quite a bit.

I've got basically no dust/gold, really. So guess I'm going to roll Mage for a bit until I get my bearings.

If you're just starting off and want to look more into the game (and haven't really played a CCG (collectible card game) before i'd suggest this playlist:

I've played a few CCGs before (primarily Yugioh as a teen, but a couple minor ones besides that. Never got into Magic), so I'm familiar with most of the basic principles involved... just with any game there's the question of where to even start, especially with limited card selections. Given time I'll adapt to the metagame, but it's hard to adapt when you're playing a warrior with basic cards just trying to complete your daily quests for some gold and it takes 4+ games to squeak out a win. Since you only get gold when you do win/complete the quests, it just feels like endless wheel spinning, and not particularly fun. I'll see how I do trying out mage, and double check how much dust (or cards I can afford to dust) I have available.

Holy wall of text.

No worries, it's all useful info. I clutter up this thread with WoTs all the time!
05/20/2015 09:30 PMPosted by Nodokk
The gear advantage is hilarious in here, man.

Oh I know, we went back in to mop up Mythic, and it was silly.