300k + estimated accounts banned

General Discussion
Don't get too happy, it is to my understanding that many of those accounts are being refunded for their time and purchase of a game. Soooooo now they rebuy the game with the money they were refunded. Sounds like a gimmick.
He should've put a '$' in front of the 4.5mill.
I did my part *hops on purple kittah mount*
does it matter how much money blizzard loses from subs if they were from hackers and cheaters?

Isnt this something every player would want removed from the game?

I believe the amount of time and money wasted on restoring accounts that got hacked far outweighs the lost subs from hackers
05/14/2015 11:10 AMPosted by Fortuna
Well, for starters, when you get banned they don't give you your money back. So they have that going for them.

I not sure about that. No refund for the played time already used I'll agree however if someone paid ahead for 3 months I doubt it's legal to keep the unused fees.

Oh well, not my problem anyways.
05/14/2015 01:59 PMPosted by Bbri
does it matter how much money blizzard loses from subs if they were from hackers and cheaters?

Isnt this something every player would want removed from the game?

I believe the amount of time and money wasted on restoring accounts that got hacked far outweighs the lost subs from hackers

Its not like the practice is going to stop, just be delay until the next wave of botters figure out another way in. It like chase a rabbit and trying to catch years later. People been complaining for years and they finally get around to do something about it when they start to tank subs. Its amazing how things move when you lose some money. Now they are losing even more, but with a game that bring in hundreds of million a year, what $5 or $ 10 million here or there. They will eventually make it up with pets and mounts as well as other games. It all evens out in the end for them.

I think they could simply go down to 4 million or less subs by the end of this expansion and not even break a sweat over it, their shareholders might get a little nervous. They will eventually make up the other $3 million through the 4 million that are left.
Subs would only be a portion of what Blizz takes in revenue for this game.

Over the last few years I would say I have spent as much in name changes, transfers, race changes and all other character based services than I would have on my Sub.

If you believe banning 300k worth of subs is going to make any difference to what they report as earnings at the end of FY15 then you must be someone that got banned and hold some hope that they will reverse said ban....
05/14/2015 11:08 AMPosted by Bahmboo
Why did all these accounts get banned? my server is dead (which is normally busy and flourishing 24/7) and people are joking because it was from the massive tidal waves of bans that blizz sent out. So what happened? anyone know why all these accounts got banned? were they the bots that infested the game?

How massive was "massive"? It's more likely because of zombie subs.
I estimate we have lost 70 billion players.
25 dollars times 500,000 people buying this mount BAMM they made the money back from the bans
05/14/2015 11:08 AMPosted by Saosin
300k accounts at $15 / mo. is 4.5 mil. And the 300k number is an estimate from multiple streamers / honorbuddy forums.

Doesn't matter. Rule breakers are not wanted, even if they are paying. This is equivalent to saying "it's ok to break the rules, because I pay!"

I pay my driver's license and car registration fees every year. Does that make me entitled to go 100mph in a 65 zone?
05/14/2015 12:27 PMPosted by Ayrendal
It is not, literally, one line in the financial reports. Don't debase the product like that. It is a massive line of revenue for Blizzard; and frankly, we, as subscribers, if not even shareholders, don't deserve a brushoff like that.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ACTI/4062805265x0x827026/99DDFB5F-D14E-43C4-9F96-F47621DE188A/Q1_2015_ATVI_Earnings_Press_Release.pdf

Page 13 / Page 5 once you come to the financials section.

"Online" $272 million for the Three Months Ended March 31 2015

Revenues from online consist of revenues from all World of Warcraft products, including subscriptions, boxed products, expansion packs, licensing royalties, and value-added services.

That is what I was talking of. It is not separated out at all. But then again if you can find a source from Activision Blizzard's site or their SEC filings that details how much they made on World of Warcraft subscriptions alone I'm all ears.
05/14/2015 11:00 AMPosted by Jarlyna
How does 2.9 million + 300,000 = 4.5 million?

Reminds me of the woman in India who asked her groom before they got married what 15 + 6 ='s? He said 17. She said goodbye. And married a man in the crowd

Math is hard lol
05/14/2015 02:06 PMPosted by Ryr
05/14/2015 11:10 AMPosted by Fortuna
Well, for starters, when you get banned they don't give you your money back. So they have that going for them.

I not sure about that. No refund for the played time already used I'll agree however if someone paid ahead for 3 months I doubt it's legal to keep the unused fees.

Oh well, not my problem anyways.

if you get your drivers licence disqualified you don't get anything back --why should the botters
05/14/2015 10:25 PMPosted by Kabookie
05/14/2015 11:00 AMPosted by Jarlyna
How does 2.9 million + 300,000 = 4.5 million?

Reminds me of the woman in India who asked her groom before they got married what 15 + 6 ='s? He said 17. She said goodbye. And married a man in the crowd

Math is hard lol

so is intelligence it would seem . blind Freddy could see that he meant $4.5 million. But people have to be !@#$%^-s instead
05/14/2015 11:08 PMPosted by Sulakin
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Math is hard lol

so is intelligence it would seem . blind Freddy could see that he meant $4.5 million. But people have to be !@#$%^-s instead

But that isn't accurate either.