Remove the Chat Window

UI and Macro
Is there a way to remove the chat window, I seem to recall being able to but can't find the option now.
But i wanted to chat with you :(
01/03/2011 7:17 PMPosted by Newi
But i wanted to chat with you :(

It's only for arena we can chat outside :(
You could try;/run ChatFrame1:Hide()ChatFrame1Tab:Hide()to hide them, and then;/run ChatFrame1:Show()ChatFrame1Tab:Show()to make them reappear

EDIT: Or you can use a single script to toggle;/run local c,t=ChatFrame1,ChatFrame1Tab if c:IsShown() then c:Hide()t:Hide()else c:Show()t:Show()end
01/03/2011 8:37 PMPosted by Steelfistv
You could try;/run ChatFrame1:Hide()ChatFrame1Tab:Hide()to hide them, and then;/run ChatFrame1:Show()ChatFrame1Tab:Show()to make them reappear

EDIT: Or you can use a single script to toggle;/run local c,t=ChatFrame1,ChatFrame1Tab if c:IsShown() then c:Hide()t:Hide()else c:Show()t:Show()end

Hmm, they reappear when I switch stances but I made that a macro so I can turn it off and on temporarily I thought I was missing a design feature but apparently not.

Thank you for your help.

Hmm, they reappear when I switch stances but I made that a macro so I can turn it off and on temporarily I thought I was missing a design feature but apparently not.

Thank you for your help.

This was just was I was looking for, It worked for me.
Thanks

Thank you for your help.

This was just was I was looking for, It worked for me.
Thanks
this didn't work out.
What happens is in-game dialougne will bring the window back up.
the problem is that when in I use my quick keys all my command key numbers go into the chat window under tell my name .

ie Tell Callitv 456789567

I don't want to send messages to myself. So, the window is not the problem
it's all my commands going into the chat window. It's frustrating when normally I can kill a target quickly but to look down and find "Tell Callitv 4567895678

I guess, I want to block any messages from myself under less I "/say".
Any suggestions for that?
What do you mean by quickkeys?
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info17691-HideChatButton.html

I've been using it since it came out.