Fishing Bug? Fish bitting in the last second.

Professions
I have been working on "The limnologist" and "The Oceanographer" over the last day and have found an annoyance when the fish bites in the last second the fish cannot be caught.

If the fish bites in the last second, even if I click very quickly, because the loot window takes a short while to open the fishing "cast" finishes before the loot window opens and then never opens. I find the fish bites in the last second about 1/10 of the time so is very annoying.

An easy fix would be to extend the cast time from the current 17 seconds to 20 seconds but still force the fish to bite within 17 seconds.

Is this a problem for other fishermen?
Yeah I've been having the same issue, not sure if this was intended or not. People used to fish with sound in background and do other stuff while alt tabbed with ease, now we have to always watch it because one second could make all the difference.
What I do when this happens, if there's about 5-10% left on the cast timer, I just shift+click and usually get the fish.
01/03/2011 8:11 PMPosted by Starkwen
What I do when this happens, if there's about 5-10% left on the cast timer, I just shift+click and usually get the fish.

This is the best way around it.
The best part is that this used to happen all the time and was explicitly fixed in a patch during, I think, BC.
I have noticed this as well

However, it only seems to be a problem with waiting for the splash sound. When I'm only listening for the splash I miss the end of cast fishes every time.

When I'm actively staring at the bobber and click when it moves I never miss a fish.

It just means that when I'm watching a movie while fishing I'll miss a few fish.
Since you are guaranteed to get a bite, if you don't see one by the time you have 3 sec left on your cast, just click at less than 3 seconds - it should catch the fish even though you think you are clicking before you hear the sound/see the bobber.
01/04/2011 3:29 AMPosted by Viria
Since you are guaranteed to get a bite, if you don't see one by the time you have 3 sec left on your cast, just click at less than 3 seconds - it should catch the fish even though you think you are clicking before you hear the sound/see the bobber.

Thats what I've been doing, but lawd it is tiresome. Happens to me too, seems to be game-wide!
I also noticed that this is happening again. They fixed it before, but now it seems that it has reverted back (around the same time they switched the fishing icon, I believe).
Yeah I've been having the same issue, not sure if this was intended or not. People used to fish with sound in background and do other stuff while alt tabbed with ease, now we have to always watch it because one second could make all the difference.

Oh so it's not like you do other things (like drink beer) ben you go fishing for real? you don't sit there and watch the bobber frantically lol