Ideas for changes to or new hunter skills

Hunter
Since it is clear that Blizzard intends for hunters to be easily killed within the "deadzone", have no real self heal, and have almost no burst damage whatsoever, I have decided to make a list of what abilities should be changed in order to make hunters CC experts as that is the only area of the game left to us:

1. Concussive Shot should be changed from a daze to a knockdown. Target hits the ground and lays there for 2 seconds before getting back up. Cooldown should be 15 seconds and glyphed to 12.

2. Scatter Shot should be changed to hit all targets in front of the hunter who are in the deadzone (deadzone should also be slightly increased in size) and on hit it blows them backwards (similar to other AoE knockbacks).

3. Explosive trap should be changed from an AoE DoT to an AoE knockback with a decent damage burst.

4. Immolation trap should be changed so that it causes fear to the target AND a fire DoT that CANNOT be dispelled/resisted/broken.

5. Snake trap snakes' venom should cause slowness.

6. Widow's Venom should weaken target's armor by 50%.

7. Camo should not be broken when Hunter attacks, only when attacked by melee or ranged AoE.

8. Wyvern Sting, frost trap, and freezing trap should all either wipe DoTs on application, or not be broken by DoTs.

9. Counterattack should be removed and replaced with a new ability called Retaliate. Retaliate would be a passive chance to disarm (about 5%) any Melee character who is attacking the hunter's front (back and sides would be safe from the disarm effect).

10. Deterrence should lose its useless parry/dodge effects and cause silence on any caster who hits the hunter while it is on.
I am disappoint.
I like some of the knockback ideas, I mean scattershot is practically useless in group PVP encounters because of the amount of aoe going on, but if it shot the person on me back a bit, it would be useful as a range opener. We need more of these to counter the COUNTLESS gap closers.
Make Intimidation an interrupt
01/05/2011 7:30 AMPosted by Averrie
Make Intimidation an interrupt

full agree
I'd like to see some focus regen on skills like disengage, or wingclip. Also adding an effect like warriors charge to wingclip so it completely halts the person struck in place for a second or two. That would require wingclip to be on a cd though.
Aspects:

1. Aspect of the Hawk becomes MM spec only. It decreases the cast time of Steady Shot and increases total Attack power by X%.

2. Aspect of the Fox becomes SV spec only. It allows CS and SS to be fired while moving and it gives a 30% chance for each auto-attack to generate 5 Focus.

3. Aspect of the Beast becomes BM spec only. It decreases the cooldown of all pet commands (by an amount specific to each skill for balance purposes) and grants your pet's auto-attacks a 15% chance to generate 5 Focus for the hunter.

4. Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack are changed so that being hit will not slow you, but will instead cancel the aspect and give the aspect a cooldown of X seconds.

5. Aspect of Nature will have an added effect of reducing bleed effects on the hunter by 50%
but this means....
hunters MAY actually be decent!
OMG NERF HUNTERS NAO
Aspects:

4. Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack are changed so that being hit will not slow you, but will instead cancel the aspect and give the aspect a cooldown of X seconds.

I really like this.
01/05/2011 6:26 AMPosted by Azaghal
Since it is clear that Blizzard intends for hunters to be easily killed within the "deadzone", have no real self heal, and have almost no burst damage whatsoever, I have decided to make a list of what abilities should be changed in order to make hunters CC experts as that is the only area of the game left to us:

1. Concussive Shot should be changed from a daze to a knockdown. Target hits the ground and lays there for 2 seconds before getting back up. Cooldown should be 15 seconds and glyphed to 12.

2. Scatter Shot should be changed to hit all targets in front of the hunter who are in the deadzone (deadzone should also be slightly increased in size) and on hit it blows them backwards (similar to other AoE knockbacks).

3. Explosive trap should be changed from an AoE DoT to an AoE knockback with a decent damage burst.

4. Immolation trap should be changed so that it causes fear to the target AND a fire DoT that CANNOT be dispelled/resisted/broken.

5. Snake trap snakes' venom should cause slowness.

6. Widow's Venom should weaken target's armor by 50%.

7. Camo should not be broken when Hunter attacks, only when attacked by melee or ranged AoE.

8. Wyvern Sting, frost trap, and freezing trap should all either wipe DoTs on application, or not be broken by DoTs.

9. Counterattack should be removed and replaced with a new ability called Retaliate. Retaliate would be a passive chance to disarm (about 5%) any Melee character who is attacking the hunter's front (back and sides would be safe from the disarm effect).

10. Deterrence should lose its useless parry/dodge effects and cause silence on any caster who hits the hunter while it is on.

How about we give them lightsabers too...
1 and 2 are just amazingly OP, good luck ever using 3 and 4 in any dungeon. 5 6 9 and 10 could actually be pretty good with some tweaks for fairness.

I actually love 8. It could be cool if it used the fire mage mechanic and combined the dots on the target to do the damage when the mob wakes up.
I can see how 1 could be OP. Although increasing the CD could mitigate that.

For 2, if it isn't OP for shaman to use the wave, why can't hunters have one too?

3 and 4 would be solo/PvP skills with limited application in dungeons.