Dimnishing returns with pounce + maim

Druid
When did they make pounce and maim share the same diminishing returns?
If you open with pounce and then with a 5 combo point maim just for the hell of it, it will last for 3 seconds. (Hoppyfully, you trolls don't say, just use rip). I am just pointing it out and hopefully have my question answered.
Because last time i checked maim + pounce is suppose to be equivalent to cheapshot + kidney shot.
meh, i can live with that. But its just annoying because warrioir throw down and pally hammer of justice dont seem to share DR. Therefore u can get stunned for 10 seconds.
I notice this a while back, they probably fixed it by now.

And also why does dk aoe ice freeze trap thing, can freeze u for 10 seconds and then a mage can use ring of frost to freeze u for another 10 seconds is beyond me....and thye don't share diminishing returns.
01/02/2011 5:38 AMPosted by Minotaurians
meh, i can live with that. But its just annoying because warrioir throw down and pally hammer of justice dont seem to share DR. Therefore u can get stunned for 10 seconds.

And also why does dk aoe ice freeze trap thing, can freeze u for 10 seconds and then a mage can use ring of frost to freeze u for another 10 seconds is beyond me....and thye don't share diminishing returns.

because the dev team are obviously dk's and lolfrostmages

Because stuns aren't balanced around multiple combatants, they are balanced (these days) around not being able to stun lock 1 v 1.

Personally I think stuns are the worst thing about PvP and that chain stuns and the like make PvP just incredibly lame. The thing that killed Warhammer Online more than anything was the retarded chain stunning in PvP (especially when they gave RANGED classes RANGED stuns, wtf).

All stuns should be reduced to 3 seconds with DR across all of them IMO.

HoJ shares DR with throwdown, and Hungering Cold shares DR with Ring of Frost.
01/02/2011 6:40 AMPosted by Therook
(especially when they gave RANGED classes RANGED stuns, wtf).

THat remains me of mages : P, and see where they are now in pvp.
"We’re also looking at crowd control, interrupts, and self-healing in PvP. It’s possible we’ll reduce the durations of some crowd control effects, especially the area effect ones, and decrease the duration of interrupts."

From the Ol' GreatCrab himself. (That is what GC stands for, no?:P)
01/03/2011 3:59 AMPosted by Senzyr
"We’re also looking at crowd control, interrupts, and self-healing in PvP. It’s possible we’ll reduce the durations of some crowd control effects, especially the area effect ones, and decrease the duration of interrupts."

That sounds like a nerf to every class basically except hybrids , since they dont have any aoe cc.
01/03/2011 5:01 AMPosted by Minotaurians

That sounds like a nerf to every class basically except hybrids , since they dont have any aoe cc.

Exactly.
01/03/2011 5:25 AMPosted by Physics
That sounds like a nerf to every class basically except hybrids , since they dont have any aoe cc

By AoE CC what do you mean exactly?
DKs have hungering cold.
Priests and warriors have an AoE fear.
Elem Shamans have an area root form of Earthbind totem.

And if you count AoE snares then You've got Desecration from Unholy DKs and Earthbind totem in it's basic form

So the only classes without any AoE cc at all are Pallies and Druids.

Also, I posted the quote because he mentions that he'll look at reducing some CC durations, Especially (But not not limited to) Area of Effect ones.

I think his point is that all cc is generally too strong right now, and that most or all cc will see some changes, but most definately the AoE ones.

Which is as it should be because being out of control of my character for over 10 seconds is not fun.
01/02/2011 5:30 AMPosted by Minotaurians
When did they make pounce and maim share the same diminishing returns?
If you open with pounce and then with a 5 combo point maim just for the hell of it, it will last for 3 seconds. (Hoppyfully, you trolls don't say, just use rip). I am just pointing it out and hopefully have my question answered.
Because last time i checked maim + pounce is suppose to be equivalent to cheapshot + kidney shot.

So our stuns are equal, yet our stealth values aren't. Nor are our bleed damage. Nor is our mobility (for those who <3 assination and dont play sub and druids ability to shapeshift out of slowing affects)

Just pointing out that ferals are a bit better than rogues.

P.S I <3 getting opened on by ferals, makes me feel warm inside

P.P.S. Not a QQ thread, just pointing out my opinion b4 people decide to flame me
just pointing out my opinion

We can tell, you didnt give any facts.

So our stuns are equal

Yours still lasts longer for the same five points. DR or Not.

yet our stealth values aren't

Yea, boomkins and restos must be hate'n on us feral and rogues since they have less stealth and we have equal stealth values.

Nor are our bleed damage

I hope not, if you're bleeds do as much as mine then the rest of EVERY single attack i have needs a massive buff.

Nor is our mobility

You got me, class perk.

Just FAIL, and full of lies while doing it.
01/03/2011 5:01 AMPosted by Minotaurians

You sir, have forgotten about the super secret talanted Druid Mushrooms and glyphed Hurricane. So secret, no one even uses them!
01/03/2011 7:01 PMPosted by Lactatea

You sir, have forgotten about the super secret talanted Druid Mushrooms and glyphed Hurricane. So secret, no one even uses them!

well's u can't see those mushrooms thats probably why they are secret or why u dont see many and 2, hurricane is just a cloud, nothing so suspicious about that : P
just pointing out my opinion

We can tell, you didnt give any facts.

So our stuns are equal

Yours still lasts longer for the same five points. DR or Not.

yet our stealth values aren't

Yea, boomkins and restos must be hate'n on us feral and rogues since they have less stealth and we have equal stealth values.

Nor are our bleed damage

I hope not, if you're bleeds do as much as mine then the rest of EVERY single attack i have needs a massive buff.

Nor is our mobility

You got me, class perk.

Just FAIL, and full of lies while doing it.

My stealth values and feral druid stealth values (pretty sure this was obvious as resto and balance dont stealth, but hey just for you ill be specific) dont equal each other. FACT # 1

Even if they buffed our bleeds to a percentage of yours, you will still kill us, because if we (rogues) spec'ed into sublety for mobility, we surely wouldnt be getting enough damage, whereas feral have the best of both worlds. Fact # 2 (remnant guild on my server has logs from both ferals and rogues to prove the bleed and damage of a feral druid and even an assination rogue)

Im pretty sure i didnt lie, but feel free to forum troll if it makes you happy.
Nobody pounced + maimed anyway. I hate the new change, it screws with my being able to kill healers >.>
01/04/2011 4:24 PMPosted by Itharius
Nobody pounced + maimed anyway. I hate the new change, it screws with my being able to kill healers >.>

Are you kidding? When Maim was first introduced and had a separate DR than Pounce and didn't break on Damage that's all anyone did.