75-79 PvP Bracket

Battlegrounds
I don't know if this is the correct area to post this, but here goes.

Why on earth did blizzard allow Cata gear to be equipped at 77+ when you can't even begin cata quests till 80? So my mage that doesn't have a main on his server can't get this stuff unless I buy it from the AH which is crazy. What I'm trying to get at is that this bracket is pretty much broken and no fun to play in. The scrubs are letting their gear talk and are pretty much skill less.
I went through 75-77 in wsg with the brutal set and off pieces. It was brutal, but still fun being an underdog! ;)

i posted something under a different thread but you are exactly right.cata gear should be level 80 plus im getting hit for 13k a pop by these twinks.they have a 100 percent equipment advantage over me and i have the best pvp gear honor points can provide.the best pvp honor gear at level 80 looks like crap compared to level 78 and 79 cata gear.ill say it again LAME!!!!
dont worry, it will be over in a couple hours when you level.

geez, of all the things to complain about....

also, i did a bg on this toon the other day, seemed fine to me.
It amazes me that after so many years they've finally merged all servers to play with each other in BGs and are able to break the brackets down into groups of 5 levels each, and then people complain now about a few levels that you're severely disadvantaged in?

I mean, really? How ungrateful people are! Hell, man, I'm just glad I can PvP at almost any other level now and be viable, instead of having to wait for x5-x9 to really participate in a bracket. Srsly dawg, go quest a few levels. It isn't gonna kill ya.
Hey I don't know if anyone here can help, but I was just wondering if the brutal gear really is helpful in this bracket.

I'm trying holy healing in the bg's, and I OOM in no time trying to keep people up, especially myself once opponents go "OOOOOooo a priest!!!"

My pve set has so much spirit I was wondering if anyone finds the resilience to be more beneficial or their primary stats.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
you will do better in brutal gear, but not alot, especially as you move up in level, the value of a single point of resiliance decreases with every level (same with every stat). The brutal gear is awesome at 70, but its getting pretty long in the tooth by 75-76.
01/05/2011 7:01 AMPosted by Giitn
It amazes me that after so many years they've finally merged all servers to play with each other in BGs and are able to break the brackets down into groups of 5 levels each, and then people complain now about a few levels that you're severely disadvantaged in?

I mean, really? How ungrateful people are! Hell, man, I'm just glad I can PvP at almost any other level now and be viable, instead of having to wait for x5-x9 to really participate in a bracket. Srsly dawg, go quest a few levels. It isn't gonna kill ya.

I think it is a shame when they completely made WotLK gear obsolete with Cata greens. Even TBC greens did not immediately trump Vanilla epics.

I guess the expansion cannot stand on its own merits, so they decided to completely invalidate your gear.

Great work to impressively miss the original poster's point.
Really Blizzard should of either made it 75 to get Cata gear or 80. You don't allow people to get gear that give them around about times 3-point-somethingish health Mid bracket, that's absurd, right now I'm 75 and it's terrible. Dots are destroying me. The only thing keeping me going is knowing how sweet and juicy that Cata gear looks.

Ok, but I'm not here discussing the level differences. I simply posted this thread because of Cata greens. There was a warrior with full cata greens that was at 48k hp with buffs and all. My poor mage is still in the 70 brutal gear at level 76 and has 15k hp. I get killed in two shots by these twinks. I was just merely saying that any new beginner that doesn't have a 85 to get these greens nor cash to spend on them can't even PvP. Sure I can just finish questing till 80 but I enjoy pvp, questing gets boring and is why I pvp often to level.

Thanks for going way off topic, I see lots of others are agreeing. I was surprised and thought I would get lots of hate from these "twinks."
01/05/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Scylvendi
why would you use the 70 pvp gear over the crafted 78 stuff? Looks cool sure, but you are at a severe disadvantage right there, even before Cata greens.
My mage is 76, can't use this stuff yet. If you were talking to a specific person you should use that wonderful quote button.
Agree 75 - 79 PVP Bgs are totally broken thanks to all the Cata Twinks.
01/05/2011 09:01 PMPosted by Zaryn
I get killed in two shots by these twinks.

For the last time, these are not twinks.
my 79 toon went from brutal at 75 to full cata greens at 79.

he is the only toon i have on that server

I made sufficient gold, and watched the AH starting at level one, buying cata greens when I found pieces below level 80 at an affordable price.

If someone cannot make a level 1 toon alone on a new server, and using professions and the AH make enough gold to buy gear, then that is a personal problem, not a blizzard problem.

Also that same toon mostly did gathering professions and battle grounds to level, thus always having honor to buy the pvp honor gear that is available starting with the 55 hp trinket and then the level 18 wsg pvp gear

also the 60 and 70 pvp gear.

the 80 pvp gear will be skipped as the plan all along was to prove that a single character could reach 85, providing his own money / gear and not depending on boa's or main characters funding the journey.

the plan for buying cata greens makes for a very powerful toon (for one level) which will then be well equipped to move into the cata zones, but will be back at the bottom of the pvp food chain and not have another opportunity for dominate level of gear until attaining the max arena gear.

I am not some uber genus / eleet player. I have just used what is available to anyone with an interest in learning about in the game to keep viable gear and weapons all the way and occasional have bottom end gear and occasionaly top end gear.

Twinking is something essentially different and like the word ganking is so often misused that it no longer has meaning

xoxoxoxox