Logitech G-15 Keyboard (Blue Please)

Customer Support
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but i'll ask here anyway and an Official Blue response would be greatly appriciated so that i know i am getting accurate information. Is using the G-15 Keyboard or any of is "out of the box" funtions against any of the ToS? for example, binding "acct name", "password", or "delete" to the macro keys so that i don't have to type it out everytime. Or binding something like:

/cast Prospecting
/use obsidium ore

to a macro Key
Yes, that would be automation and could result in a ban. The rule is simple and has 2 parts: One key, one action. If you can't do it with a marco in game, don't use the keyboards macro software to try to bypass this functionality.

You can save account name as part of the login process, but using the keyboards macro software to type multiple keystrokes that the game, even the log in process, doesn't support can result in a ban.

Edit: For your added examples, those can be used with an in game macro. Create the macro, then keybind the macro to one key, then use the keyboards software to activate that one key.
Anything that you cannot do with the in-game macro system is not allowed. The things you especially should not do is try to bind multiple keystrokes to one macro, especially if you have to insert delays. This is considered botting. One keypress = 1 action. You can basically use the macro keys as "extra space"...the best way to use this keyboard is to make a macro to do what you want *in-game* and then bind the macro keys to those macros. The in-game macro system will not let you break the rules so you would be safe doing that.

Some commands can be strung together in a macro...abilities that don't trigger the GCD can be used this way, so you CAN sometimes have multiple commands with one button. For instance, I could make a macro that used my trinket, then hit nature's swiftness, then hit greater healing wave, and that would be fine.
One key press, one action. Period. Anything more than that is automation and will ultimately result in permanent account closure.
I've heard reports of people getting temp bans for using such a keyboard, but some of the Blizzard sponsored items have the same functionality. I don't know what the final decision was.
01/01/2011 1:50 PMPosted by Guldi
I've heard reports of people getting temp bans for using such a keyboard, but some of the Blizzard sponsored items have the same functionality. I don't know what the final decision was.

Using the keyboard is fine. Using the keyboard to automate gameplay is not fine. The software included with the keyboard DOES let you break the ToU by automating gameplay if you use it improperly. Automating gameplay is treated the same by Blizzard whether it's done with a keyboard or with botting software.
01/01/2011 1:52 PMPosted by Mogrigg
Using the keyboard is fine. Using the keyboard to automate gameplay is not fine. The software included with the keyboard DOES let you break the ToU by automating gameplay if you use it improperly. Automating gameplay is treated the same by Blizzard whether it's done with a keyboard or with botting software.
Yes, but one of the major advertising points of the Blizzard items, were that they could automate some things.
01/01/2011 1:54 PMPosted by Guldi
Yes, but one of the major advertising points of the Blizzard items, were that they could automate some things.

Blizzard does not make or advertise these items. Automating gameplay is against the ToU, and if you do it you will get your account suspended or banned. All of the "official" WOW peripherals do have software that will automate gameplay if you use it improperly. Just because Blizzard allowed the creators of the product to put the WOW name on it does not give you a license to use said product to violate the game's ToU.

The "automation" features you speak of can be used in other applications or offline games without a problem.
Here's more info on it:
"Banned from WoW for using a programmable keyboard" http://www.infernix.net/wowban/
The use of a macro is fine so long as it only accomplishes a single action. The use of automation, where a single keystroke will accomplish multiple actions, may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action.

The use of a keyboard with this functionality is fine - so long as it does not get used to accomplish the latter.

The support article we have on how to stay in the game covers this in a much more verbose manner than I might be able to (without quoting it word for word). You may want to give that a look first. >^.^<

How to Stay in the Game (Part 2 of 2)
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21507
Thank you for the timely response and for the information.