Watcher says No Flying in WoW's Future. VII

General Discussion
Prev 1 80 81 82 125 Next
Possible hopeless optimist here, but the only thing I can see saving Blizzard at this point is if at the Q&A, they announced that it had to be pushed back a week so they could legally dissolve their merger with Activision.

If that was the news on the 13th, it would almost make this all worth it.

Don't worry guys. I'm not really expecting that.

But a gnome can hope, yeah?

I think I need a hug.
06/04/2015 08:31 PMPosted by Jecca
Possible hopeless optimist here, but the only thing I can see saving Blizzard at this point is if at the Q&A, they announced that it had to be pushed back a week so they could legally dissolve their merger with Activision.

I think I need a hug.

/hug
I think I need a hug.

Me, too. Trade ya? {{{hug}}}
06/04/2015 08:26 PMPosted by Zarrek
That's true. The Argent Tournament was super anticipated (even if the raid wasn't as well received) and it also was a lot of fun. I got all the mounts and pets on multiple characters and really had a blast doing the dailies (except for the jousting one). My friend and I would do the AT dailies together every day, practically every day of the expansion from the launch of the argent tournament, too.

Though I don't remember if it was much of a WPvP hub. I didn't think it was because it was flagged a sanctuary? Not sure.

Why are you discussing this here? This a thread about flying. get a room on the PVP threads.
06/04/2015 05:44 PMPosted by Alayea
We've suffered quite a significant blow today because the Q&A was pushed back a week, and sadly there have been a good few posting in the threads whose time will be up before then.

But despite the losses, we won't give up, for everyone's sake. Take heart, and keep your chin up.

Sadly, my free times ends Sunday morning. I had thought about using a token to temp re-subscribe but then someone pointed out in the thread that any new subs would be counted in the quarterly count.. so I won't be resubing until they bring flying back.

Thank you for your kind words for those of us who won't be able to post to the forums after our subs or free game time laps.
06/04/2015 08:34 PMPosted by Alliona
06/04/2015 08:26 PMPosted by Zarrek
That's true. The Argent Tournament was super anticipated (even if the raid wasn't as well received) and it also was a lot of fun. I got all the mounts and pets on multiple characters and really had a blast doing the dailies (except for the jousting one). My friend and I would do the AT dailies together every day, practically every day of the expansion from the launch of the argent tournament, too.

Though I don't remember if it was much of a WPvP hub. I didn't think it was because it was flagged a sanctuary? Not sure.

Why are you discussing this here? This a thread about flying. get a room on the PVP threads.

One of the big anti flying points is World PvP, so I'm dissecting it.

I think I need a hug.

Hugs from (My you're a tall one!) my Draenei
06/04/2015 08:35 PMPosted by Ahnastashia
06/04/2015 05:44 PMPosted by Alayea
We've suffered quite a significant blow today because the Q&A was pushed back a week, and sadly there have been a good few posting in the threads whose time will be up before then.

But despite the losses, we won't give up, for everyone's sake. Take heart, and keep your chin up.

Sadly, my free times ends Sunday morning. I had thought about using a token to temp re-subscribe but then someone pointed out in the thread that any new subs would be counted in the quarterly count.. so I won't be resubing until they bring flying back.

Thank you for your kind words for those of us who won't be able to post to the forums after our subs or free game time laps.

You will be missed. I'm https://twitter.com/ZarrekDraenor on twitter.

I think I need a hug.

From one gnome to another: /hug
This isn't about the flying/no flying anymore. This is now about the downright disrespect that this company is showing its customers.

For 20 *#^%#& YEARS I supported this company. I played EVERYTHING from Humans Vs Orcs on up. I bought expansions, I bought Blizz store mounts/pets etc. I was in WoW the DAY BETA STARTED! I have been subbed from day ONE!! NON STOP EVERY MONTH FOR 10 YEARS supported you because you were "Games made by GAMERS FOR GAMERS!!! I met my WIFE ON A MOLTEN CORE RUN!!

And you treat ME, and the rest of your player base LIKE THIS!?

NOT ANYMORE! That stops TONIGHT!

My account will be DONE before July.

You couldn't of given us a bigger F.U.!!
This will likely be my last post since my sub runs out tomorrow mid-afternoon but I'd like to say this:

For years we have all given Blizzard the benefit of the doubt where it regards changes to the game. Flying was one of those changes which they said they would address tomorrow. However, with the delay I cam't help but feel the fight is over and we've lost. They claim it's as easy as flipping a switch. They could've flipped that switch after the Q1 numbers but doubled down on their vision. They claim to be surprised by the outcry after the Polygon interview but we've been speaking out loudly against it since Beta and even before then. I have to wonder where their heads have been since Blizzcon. I know as do all of you.

Part of me also wonders what's next on the chopping block. Blizzard obviously has zero qualms about cutting popular player options.

There is a noticable lack of blue interaction on this topic and elsewhere on these forums.

By comparison, my friend's list over at GW2 is rapidly growing with fellow Azerothian expatriates who are finding the cooperative and open world experience to be refreshing. In addition, not only are the forum CMs over there active on the forums in numerous topics ranging from the silly to serious but so are the devs and even the writers.

I feel for those who cannot quite let go. You guys and girls are precisely the heroes Azeroth needs. But I don't believe, nor will I ever believe the feeling is reciprocated on Blizzard's end. You ALL deserve better treatment than this. If any of you should ever find yourselves washed up on the shores of a land called Tyria, look me up. There is an Asura Warrior willing and able to help you punch the Elder Dragons...STRAIGHT IN THEIR JUICEBOXES! Huggywuggles.2814

Lastly, thanks for all the years of awesomenes I've had here on the forums. You guys made it worth every single, solitary second. And comes from the very bottom of my heart.

/Gnomefist
06/04/2015 08:35 PMPosted by Zarrek
One of the big anti flying points is World PvP, so I'm dissecting it.

Yep, I've tackled it before. In part, it's due to a post-hoc-ergo-propter-hoc error. A lot of things happened after Vanilla, and I strongly doubt that flying had to do with drop in world pvp.

There were plenty of other reasons:
1. Battlegrounds even during vanilla
2. Change in honor reward system
3. Arena
4. Guards tougher in lowbie areas
5. People leveling using LFD instead of questing, making the leveling zones empty
6. More leveling zones, making questers harder to find
7. PVP realm questers cross-realming onto PVE zones to quest

etc.
I am happy with no flight,

I think I need a hug.

/hug
I have been playing for 10 years and have been a very loyal customer. Through all the ups and downs I have never taken a break, rarely miss a raid-even if I am sick, and have been GM of my current guild as well as another most of this time. This is the first time I have suffered from boredom in WoW. No flying to me means no more mindless time flying around looking at the sites. No more Archaeology for me, because honestly it is boring enough and now I can't fly to my sites? No more nights of Insomnia spent mining/herbing just to have something to do and to be in contact with others all night long.
Blizzard please reconsider your decision of no flying on Draenor and possibly no flying going forward to other xpacs. I supported the decision for WoD because I thought it would surely be added back by 6.2 at the latest.
Now we have a severe content drought as well as no flight. Do you really want your game to be known as the boring one no one plays anymore? Getting there quicker than expected from the looks of things.

I think I need a hug.

/hug

I think I need a hug.

Fluffy Worgen hugs to you my friend. I know how you feel. Sitting here, trying to choke back the tears. I know, I know, - it's a dang video game - but it's one that change my life - (hint, read Dalanea's post on this page).
06/04/2015 06:58 PMPosted by Fidouz
Does anyone know, when I unsubscribe this Saturday do to no flying, If I get a refund on my credit card?

I pay for 6 months at a time and made a payment just last month.....

Thanks

I believe you'll need to go through customer service to get a refund of your remaining time. Typically what happens when you cancel your sub is that it says you are canceled as of the end of your current paid game time.
Here are the reasons I want flying back and why I want it on toons before level cap. Leveling though WoD was great on the 1st character loved the quest lines and the story really feels like it moves forward. I did the whole leveling toons to max with no flight in Cata and it got old fast. Going through the same quests again and again you just want to get on with it after a while. Those little annoyance on the 1st toon become much larger on subsequent toons. Having to fight your way in then back out to kill 1 dude. Getting dazed and beat on when you just want to get to the next quest hub. Seeing where you want to go but then having to run around a mountain only to find you ran the wrong way. Running around a tree cause you see the handy note only to realize its up high and you need a glider to get it. Seeing that herb, mine, and or tree on the mini map only to figure out its above you. Quite frankly flight was a feature I liked about WoW being able to skip all those frustrations made me want to level more than 1 toon. I certainly will not tell someone how to design a game I am not a dev and will not give any ultimatums. I can only tell you no flight has made me sit in my garrison more made me not want to level any more toons and is 1 of the reasons that I am consider quitting for.

I think I need a hug.
/hug