Combustion, Prismatic Crystal & 2T17

Mage
What should my sequence be on the PC? I have read some guides but they all have conflicting advice; and it's hard to get anything conclusive from target dummy because of RNG.

Currently what I am doing is:

• Wait for Hot Streak + Pyroblast!
  • Drop PC
  • Cast Fireball on PC
  • Pyro on PC
  • If any more Pyro's proc then hit them
  • When no more Pyro's, hit Combust, then IBx2 to double the combust on to the boss

Is this correct? I have tried chucking FBs if no Pyros proc but inevitably I just run out of time before the PC despawns.
2x ib on pc, then combust on the boss.
if no pyros proc from your first fireball + pyro, you're pretty !@#$ed.
You're more or less correct with your sequence. It's generally advised to drop PC with some sort of crit buff (such as Goren Soul, for example) up to alleviate the RNG of not proccing pyro's. If you're playing with BW, which I assume you are with PC, make sure you allocate enough time to burn both charges on crystal before it expires. You should have plenty of time to double IB and do so.

EDIT: I must have misread your procedure this first time. You'll want to double IB your *ignite* from crystal to the boss, tab over, THEN hit combust on boss. I usually build my ignite, 2x IB, combust boss, then 2x BW crystal before it despawns.
IB'ing Ignite to boss and then Combust: does that also apply to 2- or 3-boss situations?
06/14/2015 01:19 AMPosted by Vóltron
IB'ing Ignite to boss and then Combust: does that also apply to 2- or 3-boss situations?

Yes. Whether it's Gruul, H&F, or Maidens you build combust on the crystal then double inferno blast onto boss then spread. The only difference between 3 bosses, and 1-2 is for 1-2 bosses you'll generally want to dump two blastwaves into your crystal after you've combusted the boss.
06/14/2015 01:29 AMPosted by Sele

Yes. Whether it's Gruul, H&F, or Maidens you build combust on the crystal then double inferno blast onto boss then spread.

Did you mean: build Ignite on the crystal then double IB? Otherwise I don't follow what you are saying (everyone else said to combust on the boss, not the crystal)
[quote="179985328907"]
Did you mean: build Ignite on the crystal then double IB? Otherwise I don't follow what you are saying (everyone else said to combust on the boss, not the crystal)

Yeah combust the boss after you double inferno blast your crystal, my bad. I probably could have worded it better.
I'm not sure why PC is being brought up on multi-boss fights. You don't use PC on multi-boss fights because you already have multiple targets to do the double IB trick on. You're better off going for Kindling in those situations.
Question: after you double IB and then combust on the boss if you hit IB again (since combustion resets it) does it spread back to the crystal then bouncing - once again - back to the targets?
06/15/2015 09:40 AMPosted by Nilrem
Question: after you double IB and then combust on the boss if you hit IB again (since combustion resets it) does it spread back to the crystal then bouncing - once again - back to the targets?

It does not. You cannot spread dots to the crystal, only from it.
06/15/2015 07:38 AMPosted by Mageski
I'm not sure why PC is being brought up on multi-boss fights. You don't use PC on multi-boss fights because you already have multiple targets to do the double IB trick on. You're better off going for Kindling in those situations.

Prismatic Crystal works fine on multitarget fights, as long as the bosses don't move around a lot! I usually run it on Maidens instead of Kindling, because the Ignite/Combustion strength for the final phase is higher.