This community

General Discussion
06/15/2015 03:43 PMPosted by Knærl
06/15/2015 03:30 PMPosted by Dumbledangus
Is awful.

I came from FFXI before letting some friends convince me to try out WoW.

You don't even know how true your statement is... in FFXI there were some pretty harsh elements (such as forced grouping, death xp penalties, server infamy, etc) but all added up they created a super polite friendly community where being helpful was encouraged and really helped your reputation on your server.

WoW is of course way more casual friendly than FFXI ever was, but that also leads to some consequences which prevents the community from policing itself ;-(

Oh how true this is. I came from EQ way back in 99' and yes, an open persistent world with XP penalties and ZERO personal instances does force people to behave with one another.

Or you can be the exile and see how it suits you. Choice was there. It just didn't allow for someone who was a jerk to suddenly be accepted back into the group content world.
Is awful.

Yes, but fantastically so.
This thread is awful.
Meanwhile, dude who asked for help getting Silver DPS on a druid got invited by one of the people in his topic after clearing the PG so he could get an instant tank queue for his druid's first heroic.

dat toxicity
Is awful.

This isn't going to help improve or change things. If you feel that the community is awful, you can always make it better through your own positive contributions.

This isn't a positive contribution.