So, the testing has begun

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Hi,

Last night, after completing missions and opening crates, I sent all gold to this girl here for safe keeping.

On my 10 test characters, I have 970,000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000.

I will do follower missions twice a day on those characters, and vendor stuff from crates. I won't do any AH on any of them.

Next Tuesday night, after doing missions and opening crates, I will add up all gold above what there is now.

Remember, I did this test before the nerf, and it was 81.7K for 10 characters. It'll be interesting what it is after nerf.

EDIT: And now the testing is complete (from page 6):

OK, the testing is complete after opening the crates this morning.

Flaying: +5075
Gnomey: +3375
Fliction: +4120
Unstable: +3878
Boomy: +3004
Pally: +3905
Blizzy: +4764
Bambood: +5031
Shaolin: +5108
Stealthy: +3392

Remember Flaying is the only one with a level 3 Inn. The last 3 probably have more Treasure Hunters than the others.

Grand total is 41,652

Slightly more than 50% of the 81.7K I got before. Not too bad. Also, this does not count (nor did the test beforehand) the value of other things you get, like Primals, Mats, etc. Also, I should point out that it doesn't count the one Blingtron I got, because I got it on Draeny who was not part of the test. And I didn't get Blingtron on anyone else this week.

I think it does the job though. I would seriously be looking at doing profession stuff and running old Raids, instead of doing follower missions on my alts. Good job Blizzard. The nerf worked.

Now I will just do Flaying, and see if there's a massive difference on that one character, if you don't run missions on alts.

EDIT2:

Finished the week on a single character:

OK.

Bad news, I'm afraid.

Flaying: +4,367g

That's less than when doing all the alts. Yes, I did log into my Horde 100 first, then did Flaying, then played my Hunter in Tanaan a bit (but didn't touch the mission table).

So, it really looks like it just matters how many alts you have, not whether you actually log into them, or do missions on them. So those threads of people deleting their alts were spot on.

Blizzard: You really messed this up. It should be based on the missions you actually do, not the ones sitting idle on alts.

*sigh*
As usual, I will be following your progress. Thanks for undertaking this experiment!
Wish I could set a "favorite thread", really curious as to the results :)

Yes I know bookmarks....
This is interesting. Imma keep an eye on this.
06/24/2015 08:40 AMPosted by Draenybrit
Hi,

Last night, after completing missions and opening crates, I sent all gold to this girl here for safe keeping.

On my 10 test characters, I have 970,000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000.

I will do follower missions twice a day on those characters, and vendor stuff from crates. I won't do any AH on any of them.

Next Tuesday night, after doing missions and opening crates, I will add up all gold above what there is now.

Remember, I did this test before the nerf, and it was 81.7K for 10 characters. It'll be interesting what it is after nerf.

Day 2 here and it looks bad. I haven't gotten ANY gold missions besides my level 3 inn gold missions. To top it off the salvage yard was hit just as hard. They over did it as usual.

In fact the salvage yard was hit so bad I'm in the process of replacing them. Forget it.
06/24/2015 08:43 AMPosted by Verdash
Wish I could set a "favorite thread", really curious as to the results :)

Yes I know bookmarks....

Thank you so much.

I'm very wary that we may have Maintenance at some point, forcing me to skip a morning or evening session. I will add sessions on the end to make it a full week if that happens.
06/24/2015 08:46 AMPosted by Themyth
06/24/2015 08:40 AMPosted by Draenybrit
Hi,

Day 2 here and it looks bad. I haven't gotten ANY gold missions besides my level 3 inn gold missions. To top it off the salvage yard was hit just as hard. They over did it as usual.

It's funny, I noticed quite a few gold missions last night, but hardly any this morning. Crates seem to be about 50% of what they were before.
06/24/2015 08:48 AMPosted by Draenybrit
06/24/2015 08:46 AMPosted by Themyth

It's funny, I noticed quite a few gold missions last night, but hardly any this morning. Crates seem to be about 50% of what they were before.

Exact same here - 10 alts as well
On initial inspection today it seems most of my alts got around 100-500g worth of missions each, after factoring in the TH bonus. The single follower, sub-100g missions don't appear to be on any kind of DR, but the others are certainly appearing much less. Interested to follow this thread :)
i can add 8 toons to that study. im expecting a 75% nerf but who knows.
so far it doesnt look good.
BTW everyone: Get Garrison Commander for your missions. It's an OK replacement for Master Plan.
Bookmark, sticky request and frequent bumps.
Keep us posted OP: I and many others will be following your wonderful and thoughtful example.
Saving this for later :)
I'll zero out all my alts and throw some numbers up too.

For comparison I mean.
My 2 coppers.

My salvage crates down about 50% DR of what they were before. I'm not so much into the gold missions as everyone else but I liked the crates for disenchanting mats. Generally it was a nice spread of ilvls that generated a pile of useful mats. However last night and this morning I've only seen ilvls in the 50-70 range drop and 2 follower upgrades from 12 crates on this toon. I saw only four gold missions this morning between the three toons I have with Garrisons and all were under 40g.

Commenting in this thread for later updates from Brit.
I bookmarked this. Anxious to see results.
Gosh, all the support. I guess I better keep updating this then. I was just going to post the results next week, but I'll post little bits about how it's going, now.
Up, Following
Just one more thing. I will do the missions on the characters in the same order each session. This should then show how the DR works.
I have 12 level 100 toons, each with a fine-tuned team of 25 epic 100 followers.

Was earning sick amounts of gold. Gold-capped 2 toons past few months, well on the way to a third.

And yeah. This is a serious NERF. Gold missions are almost non-existant now; I'm betting altholics like me will only earn 1/10th as much per week as we used to, if even that much.

Conversely, I've discovered, we can actually play the game again! The garrison time sink is GONE, baby. A bunch of junk XP missions useless to a team of epic level 100 followers takes virtually zero time to do. You look, see no missions worth doing, and are free to GO DO STUFF.

I like being able to actually play the game again...

/shrug