I don't understand

Arenas
long time ago when paladins were lol ret .. i remember they had something called judgement of justice made anyone run at normal speed .. was a pretty cool spell to cast and unique made alot of people rage when they tried to sprint/run mostly druids ..

so they removed it because of ??? dont remember

buuut they still left Faerie Fire so ...paladins could no longer counter sprint / movement gain mechanics anymore but they decided to keep a counter that's actually worse in my opinion ,, what ???????

am i missing something or .. -___- '

havent played since after i quit in cata .. this game .. no longer WoW just a random get money quick scheme pvp is so broken -_-

ok im done ranting :P
they removed all the judgments because there was some thought process behind using different ones. can't be having that.
06/28/2015 07:43 AMPosted by Airplanes
Ret still has Burden of Guilt + Seal of Justice which counters movement speed increase mechanics.

I don't think you understand. The old judgement of justice prevented a target from moving faster than 100% movement speed without actually slowing them, which meant it wasn't a movement speed impairing effect, which meant it wasn't removed by abilities which remove snares such as shapeshifting, making it very useful against druids.
06/28/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Talbaby
long time ago when paladins were lol ret

ret has never been lol, ret. There has been "lolret" namely TBC male blood elves.
they have seal of justice, burden of guilt and LAOTL speed boost when they use their ranged judgement. pala nw is more mobile than pala back then.
06/28/2015 07:59 AMPosted by Morbus
06/28/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Talbaby
long time ago when paladins were lol ret

ret has never been lol, ret. There has been "lolret" namely TBC male blood elves.

Ret was garbage before the WotLK patch, there is no debating that...even if a few exceptional players made it work to some degree back then, you were handicapping your team if you played it.
whats fun looking at past
06/28/2015 08:46 AMPosted by Lawlbringer
06/28/2015 07:59 AMPosted by Morbus

Ret was garbage before the WotLK patch, there is no debating that...even if a few exceptional players made it work to some degree back then, you were handicapping your team if you played it.

Ret was fine TBC the issue was in WotLK ret just become total absurd that a balanced ret spec looked like garbage.

WotLK patch ret was and still is an unstopable force that just wreaks anyone without a defensive cool down handy.
Yeah, Lord forbid classes have unique mechanics

RIP curses

RIP Mortal Strike being Warrior-exclusive (don't remember when Wound Poison was added)

RIP Judgments/Seals

RIP Necrotic Strike

You can balance without homogenizing by defining strengths, weaknesses, and roles for each spec. Instead, they chose to listen to the people complaining they couldn't do what X spec could and make everyone the damn same.
06/28/2015 07:48 AMPosted by Prisma
they removed all the judgments because there was some thought process behind using different ones. can't be having that.

In the beginning they only had one judgment ability, but had numerous seals that needed to be charged run and burned as "Judgments".

This system was far to complex for the typical paladin, and encouraged things like shockadins to exist. Blizzard didn't like the idea of a shockadin, so they removed the functionality totally in Wrath with the addition of different kinds of judgments to replace the short duration seal mechanics of the past.

However this was still far to complex for the typical paladin / DK player so they removed the different types of judgments and consolidated it back down to a single one.

Paladins are I think the first class to be subject to mass ability pruning.

Removal of consecrated weapon
Removal of holy strike
Removal of original crusader strike
Seals and judgment mechanics grossly simplified (butchered)
Removal of Blessing of Light
Removal of Divine Intervention
And numerous other abilities.

Now days paladin play like a over simplified version of their previous glory; a once was complex class rendered low and made approachable by the lowest common denominator. Made fit for the typical DK playing masses.

This same disgusting pruning has also taken place and nerfed the skill required out of Druids / Hunters as well; and now with WoD every other class in game.

These are sad days.
LOLRET!