FFXIV Taking over

Games, Gaming and Hardware
1 2 3 5 Next
What!?
The weaboos are coming for us. I fear we will not last the winter
06/28/2015 12:31 PMPosted by Awax
The weaboos are coming for us. I fear we will not last the winter
Whineter is coming...
FFXIV is still a fail game. If you think otherwise, you probably haven't made it to max level.
06/28/2015 12:34 PMPosted by Averagetroll
FFXIV is still a fail game. If you think otherwise, you probably haven't made it to max level.

It's objectively not a fail game.

They took the biggest disaster in Square Enix's history and made it immensely profitable.

That's kinda the definition of success: the game makes them a lot of money and will continue to make them a lot of money. Even with 4 million accounts (mostly inactive) it's not going to overtake WoW anytime soon, but it's not a failure in any fair sense of the word.

There's a lot WoW should learn from the game. And its turnaround.
I think they have forums where more people care. Or do they? Wouldn't know because I have no desire to find out.
A mediocre story, no good races to play as, the crappy art style, and the fact it's done by a company who I don't really care for, is all the reasons why I won't play it.

Also, Final Fantasy is not the "darkest" or "best" example of JRPGs out there. Chrono Trigger, Mother/Earthbound, and Dragon's Quest apparently are the most well received... And I have played Earthbound to know such a thing!
Source?
I've never been more confused or bored in an mmo until I played ff14.
06/28/2015 12:39 PMPosted by Althamacnar
A mediocre story, no good races to play as, the crappy art style, and the fact it's done by a company who I don't really care for, is all the reasons why I won't play it.

Those are your opinions and that's fine, but if a "Mediocre story" is a reason... why the heck are you playing this game?
If someone made a Lunar MMO I'd be all over that otherwise, FF stopped being good @ VI.
06/28/2015 12:46 PMPosted by Bellexia

I think Mabinogi takes the cake for getting both bored and confused in an MMO. Not to mention one of the most clumsy combat systems I've ever used.

06/28/2015 12:47 PMPosted by Kiorra
Those are your opinions and that's fine, but if a "Mediocre story" is a reason... why the heck are you playing this game?

- WoW has a better art style.
- Better races to play as.
06/28/2015 12:46 PMPosted by Bellexia

I think Mabinogi takes the cake for getting both bored and confused in an MMO. Not to mention one of the most clumsy combat systems I've ever used.

I couldn't stand Wildstar.
I was gonna go when the introduced dragon characters but yah,

they are just humans again, with added features.
06/28/2015 12:39 PMPosted by Althamacnar

I agree with your argument that WoW has gone considerably downhill recently.
06/28/2015 12:48 PMPosted by Althamacnar
- WoW has a better art style.
- Better races to play as.

Well, considering you're playing as a Worgen I can see that, but I really can't see it for the art style. FFXIV has more vibrant and fluid animations, the weather system is gorgeous where hair and clothes billow in the wind and surfaces get darker and shiny from the rain... and also since you're Worgen, you only have to see the Orc art style when you raid; I have to see it all the damn time.
ffxiv is good until every spell, due to the global cooldown, for most classes, has a higher execute time than chaos bolt

hunters, mages, warriors, w/e--every spell you cast takes longer to cast and then have the next spell come up than chaos bolt in wow.

It's not a fail game by any means, it just isn't that great of a game. I like the idea they tried to go with for it, but there are just too many things I dislike about it gameplay/quest wise.

I wouldn't say that. I don't play it, but some people seem to like it. That being said, if WoW was exactly as-is, only anime, it would never have become nearly as popular.

Anime is a weird concept. It's easily tolerable in small quantities for most people, but would be offensive in larger quantities. Personally, I think that was some of the issue that people had about PandaWoW. They're fine, but there's such a thing as over-saturation.