I got the world's first Corrupted Dreadwing

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
A few months back, I read about Blizzard's change to the Corrupted Dreadwing, making it be a 150,000 Apexis Crystal purchase, the only problem was you could only hold 60,000 crystals until patch 6.2 launched (today). Suddenly, I had a goal, farm and hoard 150,000 apexis crystals before the patch. A seemingly impossible task.

The answer? Pants. Over the course of 2 months, I did Apexis dailies as usual earning up crystals, buying pairs of Crystalhide Legguards for 5,000 crystals each with a 2 hour return window, and returning/rebuying them every 1.5 hours so the timer never expired.

After 2 months, I had the 20 pairs and full stockpile needed to get the mount! I waited until the new patch and increased crystal cap arrived, refunded my pants, and claimed my mount!

Screenshot proof! http://imgur.com/a/TTzFh/new

EDIT: Since a lot of people seem confused, I'll clarify, the 2 hours only countdown while you're logged into the character. I'm not some freak of nature who logged in every 90 minutes for 2 months. :)
That's actually quite intuitive. Grats.
The 2 hour return window is in logged-in time correct? Or were you waking up every 1.5 hours to refresh them? Either way that's amazing, well done!
Grats dude! That def took some patience!
are you sure it's the first?
06/23/2015 11:40 AMPosted by Mcdeathpants
A few months back, I read about Blizzard's change to the Corrupted Dreadwing, making it be a 150,000 Apexis Crystal purchase, the only problem was you could only hold 60,000 crystals until patch 6.2 launched (today). Suddenly, I had a goal, farm and hoard 150,000 apexis crystals before the patch. A seemingly impossible task.

The answer? Pants. Over the course of 2 months, I did Apexis dailies as usual earning up crystals, buying pairs of Crystalhide Legguards for 5,000 crystals each with a 2 hour return window, and returning/rebuying them every 1.5 hours so the timer never expired.

After 2 months, I had the 20 pairs and full stockpile needed to get the mount! I waited until the new patch and increased crystal cap arrived, refunded my pants, and claimed my mount!

Screenshot proof! http://imgur.com/a/TTzFh/new

Your name is relevant to this post. I'm somewhat jealous.
I wish I was that smrt
Man, that's some creative thinking. Nice work.
Admit it, you didn't care about the mount. You just wanted to be able to tell everyone that you traded pants for a mount. A worthy goal.
WOW! That was quite the feat. Congratulations!

/toast
Grats on your mount! Also that must have been annoying to juggle the pants within the return time.
Haha that's awesome man! Very smart.
*golf clap*
that is all
Watch Blizz revoke as you basically worked around the system in a glitch. As you have obtained it through a method NOT intended. Chances are you will good as basically they barely read their own forums lol

Gratz though either way good job.
I didn't think of that, I assumed that those items were unique and a player couldn't have more than one in their bag at the same time.
I'm surprised Blizzard didn't lock the refund timers like they normally do. Gratz to you all the same.
06/23/2015 11:52 AMPosted by Bomdanil
I'm surprised Blizzard didn't lock the refund timers like they normally do. Gratz to you all the same.

I'm surprised that since they changed that item to a gold price that it refunded any crystals at all.

I probably wouldn't have taken the chance.
I'll give you credit, you definitely pantsed the system! Hehe heh...

I'll see myself out.