Collector's Edition/Anniversary Pets

Pet Battles
1 2 3 5 Next
Should totally be added to the in-game shop.

Who's with me?
06/20/2015 09:20 PMPosted by Trafficz

Who's with me?

Much rather wild pet battle clones similar to what they did to the onyxian whelpling.
06/20/2015 09:23 PMPosted by Renotarshil
Much rather wild pet battle clones similar to what they did to the onyxian whelpling

This would work for me.

Just seems like as much as Blizzard loves making $$ adding these to the shop would net them a huge amount while making a lot of players extremely happy.

Win/Win?

Who's with me?

I agree with this. I joined WoW right before Cata came out. I basically have every pet in the game but the collectors pets. They should add an option to get those pets for new players.
Negative. Ought to be some reward for the people who have stuck around.

There is a way to get them. It's just really expensive.
It's always a mistake to devalue something for no good reason. The players that bought them way back should be able to keep their exclusivity. They earned it.
06/20/2015 11:22 PMPosted by Zepp
They earned it.

So all of your TCG pet's were purchased through retail stores/online stores right? During the current expansion in which they were available?

You "earned" them, yes?

No sleezy AH purchases right? Because that wouldn't be "earning" them.

All your mounts/gear/titles/legendaries you "earned" you got during current content right?

Because if you didn't then you are tarnishing their "exclusivity" and that just isn't cool.

Almost nothing in this game is "earned" anymore.

People really need to stop with this.

For instance, I have subbed since 2004. However, I made the terrible mistake of not logging in for WoW's 4th anniversary (death in the family) so 11 years of continuous sub'ing didn't "earn" me that cute little pet.

Shame on me.
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

That's what I think of when I see these threads
I want the 1 millionth Corvette that was made & I don't care I wasn't able to buy it, i want a reskin of it. It's just not fair!
06/20/2015 09:23 PMPosted by Renotarshil

Who's with me?

Much rather wild pet battle clones similar to what they did to the onyxian whelpling.

I don't see why people get up in arms when this is suggested, it is a win/win. Those who have been around get to have the real deal as a reminder that they have been here much longer than the rest of us. Those of us who haven't been around get to use the pets in PvP, or in our collection.

I was trying to put myself in their shoes to see how I would feel if I were them. The closest analogue that I can come up with in my own life is my record collection. I have original copies of many records, off the top of my head I think of The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five or Licensed To Ill by the Beastie Boys. Or how about Back From Somoa by the Angry Samoans or The Clash's first album. When records that I have original copies of get reissued and I see them in the record store I have never thought "god damn it, people shouldn't be able to have that copy because I have the original", I am simply proud to know I own an original copy.

Perhaps someone could tell me why having a clone diminishes your pet, because I truly don't understand.

Edit: Just to be clear I would like the pets to look different and be named differently than the originals. The example I always use (this topic seems to pop up about once or twice a year) is the Vampiric Batling. The clone could be a different color and be named "Rotting Bat" or something similar. Clearly it wouldn't be the same Vampiric Batling that the long-timers own.
06/21/2015 12:40 AMPosted by Discodoggy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't see why people get up in arms when this is suggested, it is a win/win. Those who have been around get to have the real deal as a reminder that they have been here much longer than the rest of us. Those of us who haven't been around get to use the pets in PvP, or in our collection.

I was trying to put myself in their shoes to see how I would feel if I were them. The closest analogue that I can come up with in my own life is my record collection. I have original copies of many records, off the top of my head I think of The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five or Licensed To Ill by the Beastie Boys. Or how about Back From Somoa by the Angry Samoans or The Clash's first album. When records that I have original copies of get reissued and I see them in the record store I have never thought "god damn it, people shouldn't be able to have that copy because I have the original", I am simply proud to know I own an original copy.

Perhaps someone could tell me why having a clone diminishes your pet, because I truly don't understand.

Edit: Just to be clear I would like the pets to look different and be named differently than the originals. The example I always use (this topic seems to pop up about once or twice a year) is the Vampiric Batling. The clone could be a different color and be named "Rotting Bat" or something similar. Clearly it wouldn't be the same Vampiric Batling that the long-timers own.

The milestone pets should be available in some form, but the ones from collectors editions and from streams/being there shouldn't since they are incentives for people to pay the extra money or a gift for attending.
06/21/2015 12:40 AMPosted by Discodoggy

No offense, but that was a pretty bad example considering there are other bats in game. You're going to tell me just because they gave it a similar name (Vampiric/Rotting), different color it would be different than the other 2 bats already in game? It would justify someone that missed out on that event because they didn't play back then or missed out because a family member passed away, etc.

How does that replace the "missing" limited edition pet that's already in game as Tirisfal Batling & the Bat. Aside from breeds being different & the bats that are in game now are both flyers & Vampiric batling is undead, their attacks are exact.

I hear day in & day out complaints on how Blizzard re-uses & re-skins pets & mounts... can you explain to me how this is different?
And just throwing this out there, I had a Spirit of Competition way back when, kicking myself now but I deleted it for bag space purposes. Because it was deleted there's no proof of my FoS, & can't get replaced. Yes I am kicking myself, yes I would love to have it, however no I would not want it to be put in the Blizz store or any other way to have them replace it's original purpose.

It was rewarded to people for a reason at the time. if you want a reskin/recolor/etc that's one thing, but don't say "it should be in the in-game store"
With the in game store, they either list them similar to other pets and have people screaming who just bought the collectors editions or Blizzcon cards recently for hundreds if not thousands of dollars, or they try to price them similar to Ebay, but a little cheaper than ebay prices and have people complain about blizzard gouging.

I personally wouldn't have any issue with reskins of pets. A reskin of Murkalot would certainly make his moveset available to more.

I also wouldn't mind having old/unavailable pets added to the BMAH, here you can let the market decide whether it's worth 200k, 500k, or 1M gold.
The way to make everyone happy is to just give everyone the same exact pet collection, problem solved! We should all also have the same achievements, mounts & gear as well.

Why? Because why should someone have something I'm entitled to as well because I'm playing the same game.

I truly can't understand why this needs to be brought up so often, seriously.
06/21/2015 01:40 AMPosted by Zivi
The way to make everyone happy is to just give everyone the same exact pet collection, problem solved! We should all also have the same achievements, mounts & gear as well.

Why? Because why should someone have something I'm entitled to as well because I'm playing the same game.

I truly can't understand why this needs to be brought up so often, seriously.

Because people with money but no time to play, want everything as those who do have time to play. I don't have a single collector's edition pet, but I would hate it if said pets became easily available thru the store. But if copies of said pet are thrown into the wild which has been done similar to a anniversary pet, then I'd like those. As it gives people a chance at pets like it while not detracting from those who earned the originals.
No more pet store pets please.Let us collect them playing the game.
Pre Post Disclaimer: I have lots of points to make so there's a big ole list incoming.....

1) I really, really wish I had some of the pets on my list that I simply cannot get. I think it sucks that I'll never have "Gross Noodle Monster" from the South Korean Dumpling Factory special event. ( Totally made up pet and world event, just in case one wonders)

2) I don't believe that I deserve to be given "Gross Noodle Monster" but I admit, I would love a way to get it. Again, unobtainable pets haunt me and many others.

3) Pets from special events / on-line store / collector's editions should never have unique move-sets. I have said this before and I predict I'll be saying it again after the next Blizz-Con. Unique move-sets on pets that cannot be obtained "in-game" allows a Pay to Win element to creep in to the PvP side of Pet Battles. After all, what is viable and over-powered is a subjective matter. No one can complain about "Gross Noodle Monster" being unfair if "Nasty Appetizer" shares the same move-set and can be captured in the wild.

4) The OP wasn't asking to be "given" anything. It seems clear to me that it was merely some minor frustration being voiced.This is the Pet Battle Forums. There's no need to be rude. If you're uncertain about how your post will be perceived, take a minute to reword it. :) If you want to accuse people of QQQ / being idiots / etc etc....the Dumpster Fire that we call the General Discussion Forum awaits you.

5) Exclusivity is at the very heart of anything that involves a collection. The folks that have been around for a long time or spent cash for collectors editions / Blizz Con tickets / store pets have a right to their exclusivity. An interesting way around this would be to make such pets cage-able. This wouldn't add any extra "Gross Noodle Monsters" to the game but it would allow some wiggle room that makes it possible to get.

6) Thank you for taking the time to read this and I apologize for my wordiness. :)

7) TLDR: Exclusive Pets have their place. Exclusive move-sets do not have their place. Don't be a douche in the Pet Battle Forums.
all you have to say about this is murkalot! arguably the most powerful in the game today and available to who?
yup, know one. pair this with fotm graves, and your pet battles are ruined!
06/21/2015 01:11 AMPosted by Zivi
No offense, but that was a pretty bad example considering there are other bats in game. You're going to tell me just because they gave it a similar name (Vampiric/Rotting), different color it would be different than the other 2 bats already in game?

Just as a point of interest here (not agreeing or disagreeing with your assertions), the vampire bat is actually a unique family/type and differently organized moveset. The family/type is probably a bigger deal than the moveset (though I really dislike the organization of the movesets of the non undead bats...different issue though).

Again, not disagreeing with the meat of your post here, but (at least for me) the difference between flyer and undead is pretty significant (at least in the ways I use the bat).