Timewalker Dungeons: The Failure that it is

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 22 Next
The OP thinks that because he/she had one or two rough experiences with timewalking because of one or two random group members, then the entire feature is a failure?

Common sense isn't so common after all.

#pretentious
06/26/2015 01:01 PMPosted by Plissken
<span class="truncated">...</span>

right cause me and a warlock who are the ONLY ppl on in my guild right now will just go 2 man all the things, while we're at it we'll go do hellfire citadel too cause we're "in a guild!"

LOL! That's not a guild then, that's extra storage space.

you obviously didnt actually look at my guild then, see its news, you'll find it is active, its just not a 24/7 mega leveling guild, we have our active times, nows not it

06/26/2015 01:03 PMPosted by Themiddleman
The OP thinks that because he/she had one or two rough experiences with timewalking because of one or two random group members, then the entire feature is a failure?

Common sense isn't so common after all.

#pretentious

im not going to call timewalking a failure, but the cant get replacement people is pretty crippling for the system right now and i do hope that blizz are working hard on resolving the issue.

The only gripe i have with the system could be the lack of bad luck "protection" they gave to wod 5 mans. I just did a run and 1 member got nothing at all. They fixed wod 5 mans so at least the last boss could offer up a consolation loot, timewalking is back to the old system of no luck, no nothing
06/26/2015 10:08 AMPosted by Dalanea
why "timewalk" ? OH RIIIGHT!! Its for the people that boosted to 90 and skipped everything...

NO?

Its for awesome looking gear that you can just Transmog anyways.....

NO?

Its for 650 gear that you can get for FREE in Tanaan jungle right......

NO?

Its for....well I got nothing left.....

For people who wanted vanilla servers?
I think a lot of people either didn't play during BC or they forgot how it used to be.

1.You didn't have dungeon finder so you ran with your own group from your own realm only. You would have to spam in chat trying to fill group or had a good group of friends on your friends list.

2.There was no such thing as cross realm. Everyone pretty much knew each other and was more social and civil to each other because you were accountable since you were all from the same realm.

3. These heroic instances was not a face roll like it is now and took CC and communication. Wipes were kind of common because not everyone was so over geared. 1 hour instances was normal and 2 hour instances was not out of the question.

People kind of forget how the game has changed or was not playing back then. I enjoyed the social aspect of the game but didn't enjoy that it was such a time sink to do instance runs. Cross realm dungeon finder changed this game drastically and also the fact that CC is almost non existent. I remember running Shadow Labs over 40 times (each run took about 1 hour 30 min to 2 hours) for Sonic Spear on my hunter which it never dropped. RNG was not kind to me.
Timewalking is a joke. It's just an excuse to not come up with NEW dungeons.
06/26/2015 12:53 PMPosted by Huntresslisa
06/26/2015 11:24 AMPosted by Sabriye

-I've never been in a situiation where my group is "boned" by a leaving member. We wait a little bit or we push on and see how we can do without the missing role, and continue from there once we get it.

http://i.imgur.com/j1WptnL.jpg

2 ppl left, could sub in others

was clicking the yes button over and over thats how i managed the get that shot

it is currently impossible to fill a slot if someone leaves so yes someone leaving can ruin a run

06/26/2015 12:21 PMPosted by Plissken

LOL! Exactly! Everyone I am seeing post in here complaining about this bug (and yes, it does need to be fixed) is in a guild. Addendum to your crazy thought: Why not just run these with people from your guild??

right cause me and a warlock who are the ONLY ppl on in my guild right now will just go 2 man all the things, while we're at it we'll go do hellfire citadel too cause we're "in a guild!"

I had something like the impossible to replace someone bug in LFR on Tuesday. The way we fixed it was to transfer leadership to someone else and we were able to requeue. If it is the same bug that might work. We had to try several times but it did work eventually.
Everyone has different experiences in the timewalkers. I did about 6 runs spread on a few characters when they opened. I found them to be more of a gimmic type thing. However i had TONS of fun running around with warglaives/taregosa staff/valanyr. Totally worth the inconveniences . But that is just my experience. Now if only I could find people to buy their time for blood infusions
only thing i'm disliking about the mythic dungeons is that it's really grindy. did BM and it was taking a bit to kill each boss. I wasn't really dying and nobody else was. the mobs just had a lot of health.
I just completed 5 of them and I had a blast!
First of all, every time I've entered a dungeon my Righteous Fury is turned off. This hasn't been a problem before the patch,
-Fix Righteous Fury so it doesn't unapply by entering and exiting a dungeon.

In BC, you had to turn on Righteous Fury all the time. I think it was a 30 min duration?
As a person with a lot of alts, many of which are in Outlands or Northrend content, I'm not super sure why I'd want to do those again on my capped characters. Meh.
06/26/2015 09:50 AMPosted by Zyndoril
-Fix Righteous Fury so it doesn't unapply by entering and exiting a dungeon.

Most buffs are cleared when entering Timewalking, similar to Arena. This is necessary to ensure that the down-scaling that occurs when you enter the dungeon is done cleanly.

-Fix the Dungeon Finder's "Find new players" option so people arent absolutely boned by leavers

This is a bug we're actively working to address. The Dungeon Finder should be trying to refill groups for you.

-Is there any way to make Barrage stupid proof? please? Like, replace it with how volley used to be cast instead of every damned thing in front of the hunter.

Ideally people understand how their AoEs work before using them freely. We're always keeping an eye on things though.

-Add a bag that you can get for completing your first random timewalker for the day that drops a 660 piece and a chance at some pets and maybe a mount. Give the players a 'choo-choo train" so its a little easier to digest this... thing.

We're at least doubling the chance that a Timewarped item will drop as Warforged. That should feel a little better?

The feedback is appreciated and we're always happy to clarify how things function, whether intended or not, whenever we can. It'd be cool, though, to sometimes not read that feedback with such incendiary statements as "the failure that it is" or "make it stupid proof."

From my perspective it just makes filtering through feedback more cumbersome. There's more stuff to sift through in general, and then I have to try and weight the hyperbole against the legitimacy of the feedback.

You're passionate about the game and you're coming here to let us know about some things that frustrated you with a new system. I get it. That's cool. I just wish it could stay as simple as that, with less emphasis on the dramatic.

In any event, the thread is about Timewalking, and there are some improvements and fixes in order. Hopefully they help. ;)
to me timewalking is a fail just because theres a time restriction on when you can do it.

You should have made it available all the time and add some ???bonus when you do timewalking on these days.
Did a few today. Had someone leave Black Morass and had to 4 man the instance but we did it. I'm really enjoying these and I hope this is something that is permanently added to the game soon instead of just occurring on some weekends.

-Fix the Dungeon Finder's "Find new players" option so people arent absolutely boned by leavers

This is a bug we're actively working to address. The Dungeon Finder should be trying to refill groups for you.

Hope this is fixed before the weekend is up.
-Is there any way to make Barrage stupid proof? please? Like, replace it with how volley used to be cast instead of every damned thing in front of the hunter.

Been complaining about this, as well as Aspect of the Pack and Growl - of course got downvoted.

Hunters have the most ways to screw up and mess over the whole group.

Sure you can say, "player's fault; terribad is terribad" but the reality of the situation is there is always going to be a % of retards (and even if you aren't a retard, mistakes happen) - except in other classes it's a lot less noticeable.
06/26/2015 04:33 PMPosted by Scyl
to me timewalking is a fail just because theres a time restriction on when you can do it.

You should have made it available all the time and add some ???bonus when you do timewalking on these days.

How can something be a success if you don't give a small time frame and then offer a near-mandatory raiding reward?
I'll never do them. I was burnt out on these dungeons years ago. If I want gear from them I'll just go in solo and destroy them. What a waste of time.
06/26/2015 01:23 PMPosted by Physiks
I think a lot of people either didn't play during BC or they forgot how it used to be.

Sadly, timewalking is absolutely nothing like how it "used to be."
I absolutely love Timewalking. And it breaks my heart. I keep losing guildies and friends to the content we've got but Timewalking made me realized the best is behind us.