Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

Paladin
Prev 1 13 14 15 19 Next
I just obtained a Extinct Turtle Shell, curious where it would rank for prot, i crafted it from archeology (fossil)
I just obtained a Extinct Turtle Shell, curious where it would rank for prot, i crafted it from archeology (fossil)

Just picked one up as well. No gem slot isn't fun but getting to 50% Block is.

Would rank this one higher than the crafted shield.
I recently obtained Hakkari Loa D%*@% ... it's at least as good as some of the other back items you have listed. Perhaps you should add it. When you reforge the mastery to haste or spirit ... it can hold it's own.
Very useful!
I love this guide, could we get a 4.2 update?
07/03/2011 03:09 AMPosted by Chloebo
I love this guide, could we get a 4.2 update?

Hi!
The guide will be updated tomorrow :-)
Protection
CHEST:
Hardened Elementium Hauberk - Blacksmith craft.

Is this still current? It doesn't have mastery and it has expertise. We need expertise now? I'm looking for clarification here because it doesn't look that great to me. I'm close to being able to craft it and want to make sure it's really useful before I commit the mats to it.
Protection
CHEST:
Hardened Elementium Hauberk - Blacksmith craft.

Is this still current? It doesn't have mastery and it has expertise. We need expertise now? I'm looking for clarification here because it doesn't look that great to me. I'm close to being able to craft it and want to make sure it's really useful before I commit the mats to it.

Hi, better is Reinforced Sapphirium Chestguard with 2200 JP :-)
I recently obtained Hakkari Loa D*#@% ... it's at least as good as some of the other back items you have listed. Perhaps you should add it. When you reforge the mastery to haste or spirit ... it can hold it's own.

Hi, thank you for the comment, it´s ok now, you can farm trash in FL to get a wonderful d*#@% :-)
06/25/2011 10:56 PMPosted by Razorgrin
Very useful!

Thank you!
Your forgetting the Epic PvP weapons. Most of them are better than heroic weapons.
I didn't see the cape from Thrall's questline, or the two items from finishing the first three days of the hyjal quests that can be purchased?
Good work, Just a suggestion for the Protection Part, make sure to remove the remove the gear, and enchants with agility.

This is due the change in the 4.2 patch:
    Death knights, paladins, and warriors no longer receive any bonus to their chance to dodge from Agility. Their base chance to dodge is now a fixed 5%.
Just a note from the start: I apologize if these are repeats of items that others have suggested to be added to the list or wondered why they were not on the list. I found this thread just recently and it appears that it has not been *fully* updated since the release of patch 4.2, as well as not completely satisfying questions I had about the relation/comparison between these pieces and the pieces you already have listed.

All of the items I will be inquiring about are in regards to the Protection spec, which will become obvious.

Head: Daybreaker Helm - Heroic BoT AND Dragon Bone Warhelm - Heroic BD.

Neck: Fireheart Necklace - Can be bought from Zen'Vorka for fairly cheap after doing some of the Molten Front dailies.

Back: Mantle of Patience - Reward from the quest "Elemental Bonds: The Vow."

Feet: Pyrelord Greaves - Can be bought from Zen'Vorka for fairly cheap after doing some of the Molten Front dailies.

Weapons: Mace of Acrid Death - Nice weapon, and the extra bonus is the Mace Specialization for some races, if that matters at all to anyone.

Enchants: For the leg piece, adding Drakehide Leg Armor is better than Charscale Leg Armor for us Paladins, right? (Considering the change to agility)

Items you removed from the list and I was wondering why besides perhaps just the multitude of other options:

Shield: Shield of the Four Grey Towers - Bought for 950 JP.

Neck: The Lustrous Eye - Bought for 1250 JP.

Thank you, Anairam, for your time and for the great guide!
D@@@% of Inimitable Fate - Zone Drop.

lol.
What about valor point gear? There has to be some valor gear you can pick up that will be better than some of these.
08/03/2011 03:50 AMPosted by Zacot
What about valor point gear? There has to be some valor gear you can pick up that will be better than some of these.

Yeah I think Valor Point gear should be included, seeing as you can cap on Valor Points nowadays without stepping foot in a raid. That would net you your T12 chest, legs, bracers, relic, and necklace.

EDIT: and gloves
To the guys who made this STICKY,

We appreciate your effort in doing this and would be glad if you can update it.. This sticky has been here for months now and there's been a lot of changes, additions, etc. You can also add the items you get from dailies like the molten front dailies... i got half of my gears from there..

This sticky is really helpful but it will be more of help if this is updated:))

Goodluck and have fun