Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 19 Next
Nice guide, thank you for taking the time to do it! :)
Corefire Legplates - 2200 Justice Points

Great list, although I am not 100% convinced you can buy these for 2200 JP.

Also, for ret (and I guess prot and holy as this is a wide ranging thread) is it best to save VP for tier gear (and which bits) first or go for other items?

And for 2 handers there are also the Vicious Gladiator's ones to consider as they need no rating to buy, just grinding out arena a bit.
What about the rep items from Earthen Ring for Holy? A cloak at revered and gloves at exalted.

Nevermind, you got it!
Prot.

If reforged and gemmed correctly Icebone Hauberk can be better then the JP tank chest.
Thanks a lot. Gearing up my Protadin alt is definitely way different than my DK, so this helped a ton!
Holy Set:

HEAD:
Helm of Untold Stories - Shadowfang Keep - Lord Godfrey
Crown of the Blazing Sun - 2200 Justice Points

NECK:
Celadon Pendant - 1250 Justice Points

SHOULDERS:
Pauldrons of the Forlorn - 1650 Justice Points

CHEST:
Chestguard of Dancing Waves - 2200 Justice Points

HANDS:
Gloves of Curious Conscience - 1650 Justice Points

WAIST:
Belt of Barred Clouds - 1650 justice Points

LEGS:
Legguards of the Gentle - 2200 Justice Points

SHIELD:
Shield of the Mists - 950 Justice Points

I wanted to Highlight these items in particular. Why? Because it will greatly help you in figuring out what to spend your JP on first.

Recommendation: Crown of the Blazing Sun - 2200 Justice Points

Reason: These are the ONLY two items with Meta slots available to you pre-raid (and without waiting for enough VP). This is a critical slot, and something you should make sure you get.

At the highest JP price-point, if you get the other item to drop you can then shift the unspent points to something else and even likely to buy the other item immediately **koff koff cheap off-hand koff**
great link, should get a sticky
I like it! Can't wait to get on my pc to really check it out (huge hassle to do from my phone)
sticky!
Hi! I have a suggestion for Holy Paladins:
http://bis.vilepickle.com/

It helps a lot to see the best equipment you can get and where.. It´s not 100%, but it's pretty cool.

And i like to add.. it was really worth for me doing Archaeology. I got:

Ring of the Boy Emperor

Tyrande's Favorite Doll

Good luck to all!

Thank you for the feedback, added Archeology gear already!
At the current moment, ret paladins must look for anything that doesn't have mastery on it, it will probably change at 4.0.6, but for the moment, all items with crit/haste should be ranked higher than the other crap.

Same goes for expertise/hit, it's all better than mastery. But keep the mastery gear in the bank... you might have to use it soon.

Also, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds is the best pre-raid weapon, obtainable via archelology.. just this week we had 2 people in our guild to get it, so anyone can if they grind it.

Thank you for the feedback, added all the Archeology gear already!
01/10/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Zamm
Corefire Legplates - 2200 Justice Points

Great list, although I am not 100% convinced you can buy these for 2200 JP.

Also, for ret (and I guess prot and holy as this is a wide ranging thread) is it best to save VP for tier gear (and which bits) first or go for other items?

And for 2 handers there are also the Vicious Gladiator's ones to consider as they need no rating to buy, just grinding out arena a bit.

It was a mistake, thank you for the feedback!
Recommendation: Crown of the Blazing Sun - 2200 Justice Points

Reason: These are the ONLY two items with Meta slots available to you pre-raid (and without waiting for enough VP). This is a critical slot, and something you should make sure you get.

Thank you!, switched in the list :-)
You may wish to make a note that Icebone is only flat out better if Gemmed and Reforged correctly.
01/10/2011 6:42 PMPosted by Xayton
You may wish to make a note that Icebone is only flat out better if Gemmed and Reforged correctly.

Added.
Thank you!
bump!
Finally... a gear guide!
Thank you and sticky please!
good guide... thank you!
For Ret:

Phantom Armor - SFK - Lord Waldon

Apparently this item was bugged to show up as mail for plate wearers because in normal SFK the item is mail (since at level ~20 paladins/warriors can't wear plate yet), but this seems to be fixed now.
Good read, sticky please.