Tremor Totem and Cleansing Waters nerfed

Shaman
1 2 3 29 Next

Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.

Source is on the Lock forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827663058?page=6
Might be cool...
Well tremor was too powerful at making the whole team in a 3s or 5s practically unfearable. But it sucked having your totem knocked down and then getting feared right away. This addresses that very issue by giving it a CD but allowing it to be cast while feared. And the double dip change isn't too bad at all. I thought they were going to gut the talent but cleansing waters will still be very good following this nerf. Overall, not bad.
01/10/2011 8:32 PMPosted by Arilqwerf
Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

This will be very powerful for Rated BGs. In arenas? Hmmm....
I don't like it at all.

This will be very powerful for Rated BGs. In arenas? Hmmm....

Can you elaborate a bit? If the totem is still able to be destroyed during those 6 seconds, it seems like just another trinket.

A free break from Fears? I'll take that. Especially in a BG situation.

However in arenas, which are focused 3v3, 5v5 small scale stuff and fear has a 15 DR duration the new Tremor is lack luster.

Just my initial thoughts on the matter at least.

EDIT: Typed duration instead of DR. >.>
The tremor totem seems more of a nerf towards PvE then PvP. During boss fights that fear shamans can have it deployed constantly throught the fight, PvP wise its not so bad, the fact that its usuable while being feared/slept/charmed kinda makes up for the CD in PvP considering that it usualy is destroyed once deployed.
fear has a 15 second duration

On what planet?
If tremor totem is being changed as they have said it will be changed, then the health of the totem NEEDS to be increased, drastically. 5 hp for a 1 minute cd that lasts 6 seconds? common blizzard that's a little unreasonable. The fact that you are nerfing something that has been in the game forever just now already confuses the hell outta me. I don't see it as needing a change but apparently after 5 some odd years of warlocks complaining that they can't white swing a 5 hp totem down it gets changed?

How is that good? Sure the new tremor totem has its uses and its advantages, but really? First it's Elemental that can't do a dang thing in arena, now you're nerfing resto a tad and all shamans with this tremor totem change.

Do you want ALL shamans playing enhance? Because I'm farming my enhance set right now if this stuff goes live. This is pathetic.

@Whiteout you clearly have no idea what you're talking about for pvp. For pve fearing isn't even a problem, it's recoverable. When you're playing pvp at higher brackets one clutch fear can ruin the match for either team. Not to mention fear's terrible positioning sometimes, like blade's edge arena where you get feared, come out of it and fall off the bridge. Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

Also love how the shaman section on the forums gets practically ignored by blues. The only way this came to light was on the freakin' Warlock thread for crying out loud.

inb4qq: Look at my highest 3s personal rating, I know wtf I'm talking about.
We see them (blizz) trollin'
They hatin' (us)
I'm about to main my pally. : /
Curious if the cooldown means that can be used for the entire raid now.
WHAT THE **#* IT THIS @*@!
This isn't so bad for enhance. We get to keep strength of earth totem down a lot more often- which is a damage increase for us. I actually kind of like it in fact. More of a nerf to resto, which has had higher representation in arena so far in Cata.
You serious Laethia? Go look at the top ranked teams for the majority of the brackets, there is more enhancement representation than there is resto.

Delusional.